It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices from the dead, you have to listen to this!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have started to hear things about EVP and was wondering if anyone has heard about this. I was listening to a couple of voices from beyond the grave from the link below and it is really weird. Can you really talk with the dead through EVP or is it a myth? Please give me some imput thanks.

EVP LINK

Al77zzz

[edit on 10-10-2004 by AL77ZZZ]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Ok if it was real it would be spooky but there is no garuntee its real.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
EVP is fairly old actually. About 12 years ago a friend and I use to go stay at abandoned houses that had earned the title "haunted" and record through the night with a fair amount voices on tape. Yes, I would say it's real. I have a lot of activity in my home.....I don't think it's actually haunted though, as I have always had something with me from childhood that has watched out for me, Though the home I grew up in was, and we had some people come into the house to verify, just not really done way back then LOL...... we are getting ready to do some recordings within the next couple of weeks here.....very interesting isn't it?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
ladyV, So can you talk back or can they just talk to you? Also can you find certain people or is it just random who you can here?

Al77zzz

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I lived in a 70 yr old house for 14 yrs and I always felt that it was haunted.
Several times I would leave my voice activated recorder on at night and leave it on my kitchen counter top.
Each time I got so many odd noises.
Most of them were "popping" noises.
I checked everything in my house to be sure it wasn't coming from an appliance or something else.
I could find nothing that would make these noises.
I think this really works.
My sister left on a recorder in her house and it recorded a woman screaming.
Later on my sister fouind out that a woman had been murdered in her house many years before she moved in.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That link was creepy. Not sure if I believe it 100% but it is definitely an interesting topic. It just seems strange that the voices would sound so normal. I guess it's like ghosts ... even though the soul leaves the body and the body is burried or cremated, the ghost can still be seen in it's living form. Strange, eerie stuff!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
MagicaRose,
Do you think that you can get the voices like in the movie the 6th sense? It seems like you may not hear them if your not looking for them. If this is true then does anyone know a haunted place in IL that I could go and experiment on?

Al77zzz

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've heard some of those before, some are pretty spooky when you listen to them alone in the dark.
Just to clarify something about the EVP, isn't it where you record, then when you listen to the tape later on you hear the voices, these aren't voices that are out and about whispering so you can hear them in the places.

Also another thing that might be negative towards EVP - They kind of feed you what to listen to. Not saying that there's nothing on those sound bites, there are noises for sure, but they tell you what you're supposed to hear, so that's what you're listening for.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I came across this site www.activator1000.com... awhile back while reading another thread about this here on ATS

They say that you can record the spirit voices and find out information. I never tried it so I can't say if it's real but one that that often happens to me while lying down ready to fall asleep i hear voices of what I believe are the dead. It's weird though like they are living voices because they will say things like how does this look or is there any mustard in the fridge. Very strange.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have played with EVPs here at home. We have a few spooks.
Some strange stuff came out on the recording ....
-somone taking a shower (no humans were!)
-voices that we couldn't make out
-music
-and someone said very clearly - 'he wants you to'.

The question now is ... he wants us to what??

We are still playing with the EVPs here.
All I can say ... EVPs are real.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The explanation for EVP might be similar to that of ouija boards, it may be something to do with the subconscious mind 'planting' the voices on tape in some physco kinetic way or it could be spirits. Like the ouija it may also be vulnerable to being used by negative entities. People can ask questions and play back for the answers. Some of it is pretty compelling stuff though.

RR

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Lots of stuff about EVP on THIS SITE, very informative with lots of EVPs, "ghost" pics and videos and some pretty compelling analysis of an EVP as well.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by RR]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There is a theory that buildings can act as emotional recorders, effectivley recording or remembering highly charged emotional events and replaying them in a certain set of conditions. EVP would back this up.
Thats my ten pennies.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
bigdanprice,
so how can you listen the building? If the building holds the evp how do you hear it? Or does the evp just stay trapped in the building and then once someone records it you get the voices. I really have to try this for myself. Does anyone know if you have to play the tape forward or backwards?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well the theory is psychic people are able to trigger these recordings, though wether this is the case I am unsure. I have no direct experience of this but I find it more plausible than life after death. Science holds so many things we have yet to understand and put down to paranormal.

Try leaving a tape on in your house overnight and see what you come up with. I am sure though most EVP things we see on the net are either easily explainable or hoaxes. Its just hard to prove what a recording is.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
EVPs are very real. I have four EVPs that I obtained primarily in cemeteries. One thing about EVPs that cannot be easily explained is that the voices often respond to a previous request/question. How is this possible if some 'one' isn't present at the time of recording? For example:

Me: Are there any spirits present tonight?

Response: Some of us.

That's an example of an EVP that I recorded. The response sounds like a voice of a female. To get a response in a timely manner, and one that addresses a previous question, is proof to me that it isn't as simple as some would have you believe. Try it for yourself. It takes some patience; I recorded a total of 4 EVPs in 2-3 hours of recording. They can only be heard at playback. You have to listen carefully.

RR posted one of my favorite sites for listening to EVPs. They have some very scary ones!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
RR thanks for the link. I was able to hear a few and they were pretty impresive. If anyone has anymore sites please post them.

thanks,

al

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I said that emotions were recorded and not the voices, this dosent mean there cant be some level of interaction with them. I just dont believe they are spirits from beyond the grave.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ
ladyV, So can you talk back or can they just talk to you? Also can you find certain people or is it just random who you can here?

Al77zzz

No talking back to them that I know of.....when the recordings are done....you hear nothing at all...be sure to use fresh tape

While growing up I lived in an old remolded home that sat on the beach back home...there were apx 7 entities in that home....we saw many things in that house......My step father was a local Dr and he and my mother would have elaborate parties for the local socialite groups
.....there were times the entities would even show thing s during those parties....While our lives in that home started out trying to get rid of them...eventually (my family lived in that house for about 15 years till my mother's death) we learned to live together...to the point that when my mother was once sitting in the dinning room upset, a hand patted her on the shoulder in a very reassuring way that things will be ok......I don't speak of this often or a couple of other thing in my life as I learned early that most people, and I have even seen it here at ATS.....will think your nuts....I get enough of that sorta closed mindedness because of my faith.....so I usually keep it to myself

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Lady V it would be great to live in that kind of a haunted house I felt someone pat my shoulder once when I was feeling very emotionally down. It was something my Mum always used to do and I think it was her way of letting me knw she's around, wierd but very comforting.

Bigdanprince why is the idea of emotions being recorded and stored within the stonework of buildings more plausible than the idea that you're memories, emotions and personality imprint into another dimension and continue on at death. No more of a boggle factor about either. Why is 'Afterlife' considered such a dirty word by even open minded scientists. The 'stone tape recording theory' also posits that for this to work the actual stone has to possess some kind of rudimentory consciousness. In a world that wierd grasping the concept of life after death is a breeze.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join