It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexually.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67I'm not trying to figure out God, I just quote the things He has said without any questioning.

If you stricly follow the scriptures and almost the older testament, an old man can marry a 13 years old maiden without any problem.
I hope you dont consider that sex relations between a 40 years old man and a 13 years maiden are sane, and even are good front of the eyes of GOD.

Also, A brother has the right to marry his sister. ADAM do so, SARA was the half sister of ABRAHAM...

JESUS learn us pardon and tolerance, JESUS loved MARIA-MAGDALENA, a prostitute, more than any woman.

I dont think that GOD want you to kill anyone. If GOD want to kill someone, he can do it easily.

I dont think it's to men to judge who must live or die...

[Edited on 27-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ill, dont forget that "The devil can quote scripture for his own use".

We have to apply a bit of logic here. If being homosexual is a potential human failing, it is one that God made people with. Why would He persecute people for how He made them?

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I can't answer that question Dragon.

That's like you asking me why God would punish his chosen people for not accepting Christ.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What do you think about it ?

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Abstract, I wouldn't dare judge, that is to say whether one is going to Hell or not. I can tell you what will cause you to go there, but as I have no idea what you have in your future, the choices you'll make, I can no more tell that than what the lottery numbers will be this weekend. I can determine if the actions exhibited by someone is wrong or not. God didn't tell us to walk around blindly. You will know the tree by the fruit it bears.
We're also supposed to love people, know that were it not but for the grace of God there go I, and try and reach out to them, and hopefully they will bring Christ into their hearts. Even after then, we are still weak in this flesh and we'll fall on our faces from time to time.

i wasn't judging just going on what I noticed

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunz

Originally posted by The Muffin MAn
Is being a homo bad? Is it indecient? Is it satan getting into people? Is it just a way of life? Is it natural?

Obviously, Gay dont have the brain cells to attract the women therefore God is gay. you aint sure if God is he or she. Transexual? possible.

The concept of male and female exist in the reality that we call earth. Look at plants they don't have a gender? I don't know i'm just reaching

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Originally posted by Illmatic67I'm not trying to figure out God, I just quote the things He has said without any questioning.

If you stricly follow the scriptures and almost the older testament, an old man can marry a 13 years old maiden without any problem.
I hope you dont consider that sex relations between a 40 years old man and a 13 years maiden are sane, and even are good front of the eyes of GOD.

Also, A brother has the right to marry his sister. ADAM do so, SARA was the half sister of ABRAHAM...

JESUS learn us pardon and tolerance, JESUS loved MARIA-MAGDALENA, a prostitute, more than any woman.

I dont think that GOD want you to kill anyone. If GOD want to kill someone, he can do it easily.

I dont think it's to men to judge who must live or die...

[Edited on 27-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

I just hope all o fthoses people that say the Bible is the truth read this

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

nope he hasn't and he really can't say anything to it

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Well:

We have to apply a bit of logic here. If being homosexual is a potential human failing, it is one that God made people with. Why would He persecute people for how He made them? Posted by DragonRider

I can't answer that question Dragon. Posted by Illmatic 67

As I mentioned, applying logic to this discussion gets somewhat uncomfortable for some who are very fundamentalist.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao

The concept of male and female exist in the reality that we call earth. Look at plants they don't have a gender? I don't know i'm just reaching

Or like it is with some difficult to define lifeform, slime fungus, they have more than 500 different genders!!!

Blessings,
Mikroma

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
By quoting the bible a person only proves that he has learned nothing from it. For it takes a strong mind to understand its true meaning not to be taken literally but as a scripture of enlightenment to be used to better society not to judge.

For those who believe in God, God is the ultimate Judge and to presume to judge others peoples life styles is not our arena. Its not for us to Judge but let God do it when Those who have committed truely wrong act have to be judged at the gates of heaven.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Okay, the problem with society today is that all is good and nothing is bad..........do as you will..............

Well, there is the problem.........people come to their own conclusions of what is good or bad and in turn follow their own teachings...........

SIN whether small or big is a SIN in the eyes of God............

Those people that cannot see their SIN is in fact damaging themselves to an extent of beleiving that ......
Bad..................can be good
Good.......can be bad...............
Evil can be made to look rightous(good)to those people that cannot accept the words of God...........
It is easy to be bad............but it takes a bit more thinking and time to be good..............

Anger is damaging because of the non thinking ......out of anger he acted.........
Anger can bring about many thoughts of violence ........and to act upon it,is damaging to the person and to the other person being aimed at............

To say that no one gets angry, is a lie.........everyone at one time or another has ...........but we can stop and think ........will it benefit us to get angry?,
some will say it has benefitted them...but realy it hasn't because we reacted in a non thinking way to reach out to someone if we wanted our point of view across to be known.....[hmmmmmmmmmm am i making sense???now im confused!]

Homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of God because it is not natural.........it is not for us to Judge or condem any one because we ourselves should look at our own SIN'S..........to look at our own Sins and forget about them, is going against God's words.........''Do not Judge''''

Therefore, we should be trying to make ourselves better people and better followers by the response and good words/works in our every day life........
Condemning someone of their own faults will only bring about Anger and nothing will be resolved...........

Gee , i hope this made sense.........
im just thinking out loud..........

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It's all good helen I feel ya

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Muffin MAn
Is being a homo bad? Is it indecient? Is it satan getting into people? Is it just a way of life? Is it natural?

Is being A homo bad?
Thats a matter of opinion.

Is it indecent?
Only if you go waving your self around after the deed, that would be indecent and stinky.

Is it satan gettinginto people?
No its people getting into people.

Is it just a way of life?
Not exactly it is the way of anti-life, howmany same sex births do you know of?

Is it natural?
You tell me if its natural for something to go in, where it should only go out.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   

There is one thing that I have noticed about a lot of Gay men. They were either abused as a child or they were influnced at a younger age by an older man. I'm just going on what I have noticed

This is about the only thing you've said that "disturbs" me..
Do you honesty think it's fair to judge someone by what they've been through...To basically "lable" someone because of terrible things they may have endured? People become something because they choose to or have to or want to...It's all a matter of what they feel inside really.
That would be NO different for me to say...well because you are black in color-you are into crack...would it NOT??
I'm not angry with you really...just curious why you would say this? Because believe me...it's FAR from truth, all you are doing is "generalizing"
It's a "one sided" way of looking at things and it's just not right..
Magestica

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
By quoting the bible a person only proves that he has learned nothing from it. For it takes a strong mind to understand its true meaning not to be taken literally but as a scripture of enlightenment to be used to better society not to judge.

For those who believe in God, God is the ultimate Judge and to presume to judge others peoples life styles is not our arena. Its not for us to Judge but let God do it when Those who have committed truely wrong act have to be judged at the gates of heaven.

Wise words Fox. When laymen use the letter of the law to judge, they read it for their own good. The law is for protection of the people, not a means to judge. If you have sex outside marriage, you are concidered a sinner of abomination, whether you've had sex with a woman, a man or a cow. That's what the bible says. And if you're a Ba'alist you're guilty of adultary. That's the whole story really.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

There is one thing that I have noticed about a lot of Gay men. They were either abused as a child or they were influnced at a younger age by an older man. I'm just going on what I have noticed

This is about the only thing you've said that "disturbs" me..
Do you honesty think it's fair to judge someone by what they've been through...To basically "lable" someone because of terrible things they may have endured? People become something because they choose to or have to or want to...It's all a matter of what they feel inside really.
That would be NO different for me to say...well because you are black in color-you are into crack...would it NOT??
I'm not angry with you really...just curious why you would say this? Because believe me...it's FAR from truth, all you are doing is "generalizing"
It's a "one sided" way of looking at things and it's just not right..
Magestica

It's not true Magestica. Astarct is right on this. I can tell you that I know many person that are gay or lesbian and it's true that many of them have psychologucal problem :

a) Because it's people who had been abused when they was young and who cat conceive having "normal sec" since...

b) Because some peoples have parents who forced em to be different as they are, like with abother sex. Some parents would rather have a boy and a girl borned...
I have a friend whose father is a military and she had been really educated like a male...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I REFUSE to debate this with you...YOU are WRONG and it's that simple! Now don't go getting me all fired up or I'll come to France or something...lol
OK maybe I should lay off ATS til later date
Magestica

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Answering from a NON-religious viewpoint:

The truth is that homosexuality exists in ALL animals, so the argument that it's "against nature" doesn't hold water. In fact, it proves that homosexuality is VERY natural. There are plenty of examples in nature. Homosexual animals are a problem for farmers and animal breeders -- you have animals that simply won't have sexual relations with the opposite sex (and sometimes it's very costly stud animals who can't "perform" with females.)

As far as we can tell, it's genetically triggered. You can't control this any more than you can control the color of your eyes. You can't "think" and turn your eyes orange (for example), no amount of electroshock or prayer will turn your eyes orange... any changes you do to your eye color (contact lenses) are strictly cosmetic and don't change the color of your real eyes.

Same with homosexuality.

Not all cultures or religions condemned it. In some cultures (American Indian, for one) the homosexual/transvestite was a sacred person, capable of understanding both male and female viewpoints and trained to be important prophets and shamans. It was an encouraged way of life in Ancient Sparta and some other Greek cities (and was the key to Sparta's military success and battles such as the one where 300 Spartans held off Darius's million man army (no kidding) for many days. It was practiced among the Samaurai as well.

The Polynesians tended to have a bisexual norm and homosexual couples were well accepted in Hawaii and other areas. There were no religious or social taboos against it.

Many rulers have been homosexual -- most notably King James who authorized the King James Bible.

Generally the Abrahamic-based religions make the greatest fuss about it.

But latest research shows that it has some sort of physiological and genetic basis.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It's not true Magestica. Astarct is right on this. I can tell you that I know many person that are gay or lesbian and it's true that many of them have psychologucal problem :

a) Because it's people who had been abused when they was young and who cat conceive having "normal sec" since...

b) Because some peoples have parents who forced em to be different as they are, like with abother sex. Some parents would rather have a boy and a girl borned...
I have a friend whose father is a military and she had been really educated like a male...

I have quite a few gay friends too, but I can't say they fit in to the above cathegories. Of course there could be things I don't know of, but to me they're just normally bright people often artistically talented.

Childhood upbringing is an important factor as to who people become, but to say that all gays have been raped or abused while they were children is not true. Some people just are gay, just like most people just are hetrosexual. I have a gay friend whom I asked if he could ever have completed an intercourse with a woman. He answered me and said yes, he could've, but it wouldn't have felt right. He would've been uncomfortable and even discusted: he can't understand how I doesn't feel the same way: "you're genitals are even different! It's like having sex with another species", he says. I can't understand his views, but I can respect them. If he feels the way he does, who am I to judge him?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join