It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache killing 3 Iraqis, my 2 cents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Humm.... 1 or 2 simple thoughts. I saw the long version of the video (12mbyte file). Nobody yet mentioned the attitude of the "farmers" on the field. Running back and forth, turning their heads around all the time, the guy with the long hair who pulls the suspicious object from the pickup truck and runs to the field like hell without saying anything to the guy next to him. He runs and in the middle of the field he screeches to a sudden stop, drops the object and runs backards to the truck, while the other guy begins to run too. Then you see them again next to the small truck having a smoke and turning their heads around(they suspected they were being observed), they acted as if they were having a conversation, like saying:"Nothing's happennig around here, you stupid Americans". Then the guy with the long hair runs into the field again and you can clearly hear the Apache firing off some rounds with the aim directly on him but it seems the cannon was not in sync at that moment . The guy hears the fire and shrughs his shoulders and does like a "baby step" run for a second. After the first guy is hit you can clearly see the baby stepper taking out the cover of a weapon but he is blown away before he can do anything else. As for the 3� guy it was a clear mercy killing, his chance of survival was null. C'mon, he was shot with DU ammo, that stuff is meant to blow up tanks.

Some additonal stuff. Just before you can hear the first failed attack from the Apache, you can see the guy pulling out an assault rifle from the small truck. You cannot actually see the assault rifle, but you can notice his hands are holding something in the way a person who knows how to handle such weapon would do it. You can hear at that moment "weapon in his hands".Then the Apache fires upon de long haired guy but the cannon was not in sync yet. You can CLEARLY see that at the right bottom corner of the screen the AMMO display going from 300 to 285, so the shots missfired ARE from the chopper. The iraqis DID hear that fire, that why the tractor driver was apparently trying to leave the scene.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Vladtepes]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
There's a long haired Iraqi? Also, what do you make of the 2nd guy crouching by the tractor after the 1st guy gets killed? Seems like he is waving some kind of material, like an improvised "I surrender" flag, before he gets creamed too.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   

You can see the pony tail while he is turning to take the RPG from the pick-up
The 2� guy is the pony tail guy, and he is clearly unpacking an RPG or somethig.
What you didn't answer is the strange movements this guys did, it's not normal to run like crazy and turning their heads so often

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Speaking of behaviour, why did the guy step over the rows of crop plantings? Is it common for soldiers or insurgents to give a crap about stepping on plants?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Speaking of behaviour, why did the guy step over the rows of crop plantings? Is it common for soldiers or insurgents to give a crap about stepping on plants?

I you live in a desert it would be, I bet.
And the guy with the long hair may actually be wearing ahead thingy, um those turbins or what ever they are called that cover their head to protect from the sun.(as opposed to having long hair -though he could have lo;ng hair)

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
can anyone supply the link for this footage?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
can anyone supply the link for this footage?

Apache Vid

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thanks , much appreciated

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Vlad. no offence, but that is a lot of speculation on your part.

- turning their heads around(they suspected they were being observed)
- like saying:"Nothing's happennig around here, you stupid Americans"
- clearly see the baby stepper taking out the cover of a weapon
- As for the 3� guy it was a clear mercy killing, his chance of survival was null
- you can see the guy pulling out an assault rifle from the small truc

I'm not saying they were simple farmers and not up to anything, but without evidence, you can't say they were innocent or guilty of anything.

Was there an investigation after the fact on this incident? Did they army, or anyone else, go check out the attack scene after? Did the chopper go in to investigate? If there was an RPG or anything else "weapon" like, it would have easily been found don't you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I didn't realize that Iraqi farmers were so rich. In a country that has been under UN sanctions for most of the past decade, those Iraqi 'farmers' had, at my count, three vehicles out there threer people, including a large truck.

Maybe such wealth comes from their dilligent farm work. If you look at the time marker on the TADS display, this action occured between 1625 and 1629 Zulu time, that is, Greenwich Standard Time (top left corner: hours, minutes, seconds, followed by a Z for Zulu). Iraq is four hours ahead of Zulu time, making this between 2025 and 2029 Lima, or local time. Those are some awfully dilligent farmers, to be heading out, starting out working, in their fields at about 8:30 pm on a December night and to only have four people out to work.

The first time I saw this short version I was OUTRAGED, but then I downloaded the long version of the video and viewed from 2 points of view, as innocent farmers and as hostiles and spent a whole day checking the video and extra information about the context of this event. It's really apalling how the information can be manipulated. As an example for this you may like to watch the video "In plane sight" about 911

One more thing, I am a latinoamerican, not a trigger happy redneck

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Do we really need to start another thread on this? There are at least 2 threads that are discussing this video already. You opinion is valuable, but it makes it easier to find information when it's all together. Thread closed. See Original threads for discussion and to add comments.

Thanks.

Apache attack on Iraqi's video
American Soldier: We even shot women and children!

top topics

join