It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sign from the other side, just simply incredible!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Over time, I have commented here on ATS in related threads, of some of my wife’s experiences after the death of her beloved sister. She passed away 3 years ago from ovarian cancer. She was very close with my wife and was a close friend and like a blood sister to me. She was also a Biology teacher and was truly loved by a lot of her students. When notice was given of her passing, many of her former students wrote sympathies to the family, stating what an outstanding and caring teacher she was.

I’ve also mentioned my wife as being (whatever you want to call it), intuitive, or sensitive to surrounding energy. Believe me, when my wife used to describe her feeling things, or describing dreams of talking to a grandmother that has passed (telepathically not vocally), I would just brush it off as being an over active imagination. Her sister who passed 3 years ago, also would have these feelings. Over the past 28 years that we’ve been married, I’ve come to realize there is some things she can sense, that most people can’t pick up on. She is very emotional and when people are in pain, or sad, tears will start to flow.

Ok, let me explain some amazing signs my wife and her niece has experience since my sister in-laws passing. Keep in mind, my sister in-law who passed away 3 years ago, always loved butterflies. She grew up in the country, so there were many times she and my wife would go for walks admiring butterflies during their leisurely walks. I will detail the connection with this later along with photos (I know ATS’rs want to see photo’s or it didn’t happen) to prove these amazing signs actually happened.

Here are just some of the experiences my wife and her sister’s daughter has experienced since her passing…

-Several phone calls with gurgled messages a few days after her sister’s passing.

-Three gurgled messages left on our answering machine that clearly hung up 3 times in the same recorded message. The calls originated at my wife’s parent’s house. We immediately called her parents asking if they left us a message, they assured us they didn’t because they were not at home most of the day.

-The smell of a bouquet of flowers when no flowers have been present. This has been experienced by a lot of close family members, including myself.

-My wife will occasionally say she feels her sister’s presence. On one particular occasion, she felt the presence so strong she told me to get our digital camera out and start taking pictures around the room. When we looked at the photo, there was a large (about the size of a basketball) orb over my wife’s head. (I wish I would have saved that picture to include it in this thread, but then again, I wasn’t totally convinced since I knew dust particles can create orbs).

-My wife and I visited her grave site one day. As I walked around looking at nearby head stones, my wife was sitting next to her sister’s head stone in a trance like state. Tears started to flow from her eyes and then she said, “I’ve just seen an image of my sister.” I asked her what she saw, and she began to say she saw her with a kind of whirlwinds surrounding her. She started telling me that her sister didn’t understand why I wasn’t taking care of my heart. She also said she was shown a sign of a fish? I was surprised by what she said because a couple of weeks before, I was at the doctor’s office and he told me I had to watch my diet to help lower my cholesterol and other related problems that could cause a heart attack. I never followed the diet he outlined, and never told my wife about it. I still don’t know what the fish sign was all about, but I relate it to me not believing in religion.

-BUTTERFLIES! Ever since my sister in-law passed away, her daughter has experienced a particular butterfly landing on her or flying around her. The butterfly will never land on her husband, but it will land on his wife. (His wife doesn’t wear make-up or perfume because she has a lot of allergies). This has occurred every summer since her mother’s death.

My wife also had a weird experience with a butterfly which I described in a post a while ago. Instead of retelling the experience, I’ve included the link to my post with a picture about her experience here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I preserved the butterfly and created a frame for it and hung it up in our sun room in memory of my wife’s sister.
This is a picture of the framed butterfly that flew into our van and died.

Ok, now comes the clincher that blew my mind away. My wife comes home one day and reminds me about how a particular butterfly will always fly around her sister’s daughter at times when she’s sitting on her front porch. She asks me if I remember that her niece wears her mother’s wedding ring on her finger. I knew all about this so I said “yeah.” She goes on to say that today the same butterfly landed on her niece, but not just anywhere, right on her mother’s wedding ring!!!! How crazy is that???

She goes on to say her niece’s husband e-mailed a picture of the butterfly on her ring and she shows me the picture. I told her if I doubted anything about her sister giving them a sign, this by far validates it's a sign from her sister that she's still around.

Here’s the picture, is this amazing or what?

Everything I’ve stated is the absolute truth. I have no reason to make this up, the pictures are legitimate. Do we continue to exist after death? The things I’ve witnessed makes me a believer. I hope this gives some comfort for anyone who has lost a loved one.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't usually pay much attention to these sorts of threads but I can tell that you are being honest and are genuinely tripped out. (In a good way)

I enjoyed reading your thread thank you. Look after your heart and also look into your heart. She obviously wants you guys to know something, discover something and/or perhaps pull something from 'under the rug'.

As you can probably tell I do believe in an afterlife and I do believe you.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Do we continue to exist after death?

I wouldnt know, I have never died. However I would be inclined to say.....no, we do not. Nice coincidence story though. S&F.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm with you..

Yes it is highly possible that what you believe is happening really has..
There is very little reason to doubt it.. except for that thing called 'coincidence' but, even then, everything happens for a reason..

I don't think the fish is your lack of any faith, as this thread shows you are full of that..
The fish is not about your lack of 'following' either..

IMO, you're almost on the right track with it being religious in nature, but more of a reference to resurection..
Christ and fish go hand in hand (due to a certain popular belief) and it's believed that christ rose from the dead..

I've just been talking about that on a thread of mine where I say;

We believe these people to be dead.. but are they really?
After all, it's only the physical body that is missing.. does not mean these people have ceased to exist..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suggest that you may all rest your minds with the full knowledge that you are being watched over with good intent. Your observations and gut instincts have brought you to this point for a reason.. coincidence or what?

Happy days!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Very touching, and the kind of confirmations tailored to your family and experiences. The butterfly message is very personal. A message to protect her heart, as in physical or do you think it was a nudge to live strongly in the heart, though your wife is very connected, an empath who feels the pain of others, as it were already?

I sense my family watching over as well, and my mother's first cousin, a young man I hadn't known a great deal, and who died of hodgkins disease. Well, whenever I have problems with my youngest, who has apraxia and hyperactivity and when I reflect on the situation, if we're in a tight moment, and try to understand him more and tailor to his needs and seek/pray and ask within. Then ideas flow a break through occurred, but at that moment, I was given a strong connection to my cousin, and knew our family watches over and answers prayers.
edit on 29-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Life is a great mystery ! Beautiful and very touching story, thanks.

When you said you received phone calls, it reminded me of this story, but yours seems to be a much happier one... I'm on my phone, right now so I can't embed a youtube video..
So just type " Mykelti Williamson Testimony of Hell"

S&F
edit on 29-7-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
thats simply amazing incredible. science cannot explain this

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Do we continue to exist after death?

I wouldnt know, I have never died. However I would be inclined to say.....no, we do not. Nice coincidence story though. S&F.

I wouldn't know. I have never died. However I would be inclined to say.....yes, we do. Way too much to be "coincidences." S&F.

But that begs the question. Your wife and niece seem to be unusually sensitive, which I consider to be a good thing. But you seem kind of obsessed with this death. You are still visiting the graveyard three years later and asking for sign after sign after sign. Well, you keep getting them so your sister-in-law is very accommodating, but the real question is: Can you let her go? And another question to ponder is: Are you preventing her from moving on? In other words, is your neediness for signs compelling her to hang around close enough to give them to you?

I think you have all the signs you need. I also think you need to move on to help her to move on.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Was the fish sign maybe in relation to you needing to be more careful with your diet? Maybe it was some practical advice to tell you to eat more healthy fish and take fish oil to lower your cholesterol. I don't see why she couldn't be trying to help out with day to day things, rather than just letting loved ones know she is still around.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I suggest that you may all rest your minds with the full knowledge that you are being watched over with good intent. Your observations and gut instincts have brought you to this point for a reason.. coincidence or what?
reply to post by Extralien

I couldn't come to grips with a lot of those signs. I would always think, well maybe my wife misses her sister so much that she's looking too much into things. Or maybe, it is just a coincidence.

Until, she showed me the photo of the butterfly sitting on her sister's ring, it just blew me away! I kept saying to my wife, "no way, you have to be kidding me!" The first thing that popped into my head was my sister in-law wanted us to connect the butterfly to her via her wedding ring! If my niece and wife didn't have previous experiences with butterflies, I would have justified it as being just a coincidence.

This sign just validates for me, that there is life after death. I'm still in awe over the entire thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Was the fish sign maybe in relation to you needing to be more careful with your diet? Maybe it was some practical advice to tell you to eat more healthy fish and take fish oil to lower your cholesterol. I don't see why she couldn't be trying to help out with day to day things, rather than just letting loved ones know she is still around.
reply to post by Lookstwice

I thought of that too, but for some reason, something was telling me it was a sign related to faith. It was just kind of weird when my wife just comes out and says, "oh, and she was showing me an image of a fish."

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

But you seem kind of obsessed with this death. You are still visiting the graveyard three years later and asking for sign after sign after sign. Well, you keep getting them so your sister-in-law is very accommodating, but the real question is: Can you let her go? And another question to ponder is: Are you preventing her from moving on? In other words, is your neediness for signs compelling her to hang around close enough to give them to you?
reply to post by schuyler

No not at all. I may think about her maybe once a day, but it's her immediate family members who are really having a hard time of letting go. I've never asked for her to give me a sign. These things would just happen, and most of the time I think they were directed towards my wife and her daughter.

If thinking about her a lot is preventing her from moving on, I really hope not. She died a heart breaking death the last 5 months of her life. She had a family member at her side everyday for those last agonizing 5 months. We have moved on with our lives, but I know my wife, her daughter and parents think about her a lot.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I completely believe everything you have said, as I have had similar experiences.

I am a believer in finding coins. I find a lot of face up pennies from my father whenever I am contemplating life in general. My sister finds face up dimes.

Not sure why she is worth 9 more cents than I am but when I find pennies from my dad I know I have found the right answer to my questions.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Very Nice Thread.....

I am one to believe 100% on what you described. Ive had things "happen", when my sister passed, and uncanny things happen, such as certain smells, and "voices" , coming out of her bedroom.........

S&F

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

But you seem kind of obsessed with this death. You are still visiting the graveyard three years later and asking for sign after sign after sign. Well, you keep getting them so your sister-in-law is very accommodating, but the real question is: Can you let her go? And another question to ponder is: Are you preventing her from moving on? In other words, is your neediness for signs compelling her to hang around close enough to give them to you?
reply to post by schuyler

No not at all. I may think about her maybe once a day, but it's her immediate family members who are really having a hard time of letting go. I've never asked for her to give me a sign. These things would just happen, and most of the time I think they were directed towards my wife and her daughter.

If thinking about her a lot is preventing her from moving on, I really hope not. She died a heart breaking death the last 5 months of her life. She had a family member at her side everyday for those last agonizing 5 months. We have moved on with our lives, but I know my wife, her daughter and parents think about her a lot.

THAT'S my point in your last sentence. It's not about you, personally. You can say, "No, not al all" about yourself, but the fact is you are into this, too. You are the one who took the time and trouble to pull together the story, complete with pictures. If it is the rest of your familiy who mourn the loss more than you, the same rule appiies. I am suggesting that your continued and deep attention to this may not be useful for anyone at this stage, and that given you have the confirmation you need, it may be time to let the butterflies go.

And it IS a GREAT story. Thank you for posting.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It is a wonderful story, and the butterfly on the ring is inspiring as well as very touching. I do believe some spirits stay around, at least for a while....while some seem to never appear in any way, sense or form.

I would agree with Skyler though, and I think the fish, is symbolic to her saying 'let me go' ...let her swim free...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Very interesting. I have a friend whose sister's husband passed away a few years ago from throat cancer. They had a little bell that hung on the wall above the fireplace mantel and whenever Richard came into the room he would ring the bell (on a chain). When he was near death his wife asked him to give her a sign when he passed over to let her know that he was ok. You guessed it: a few days after he died she was in their living room all alone when suddenly the bell rang.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I know this to be true, I do not have enough time to type all the really amazing things that I have seen and experienced when it comes to loved ones passing over. After someone (pet, or human) passes, they have some choices: either come back to visit (in many ways such as orbs, apparitions, feelings, etc, and EVEN in the form of another living thing), hang around and watch over (or guide) those still living, or pursue some other task (or join with other loved ones who passed) in their new world.

Thank you for sharing your great experience!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Perhaps you were being told that you need to eat more fish and less red meat in order to take care of your heart.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I loved your story. I'd like to think there is more to life than what we live. Sometimes, I think we grasp at what we really need to hear. Some things are true, whether you believe them or not. Some things are true, only because you believe them. Sorry for your loss.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join