It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Treasure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Let me get this right, the founding fathers put a map on the back of the declaration of independence.

ok, i guess thats believable...

but they also put clues on the one dollar bill? before it even existed?!?
now that is pretty impresive... Bravo Mr.Bruckheimer.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yes,
Although the regular lodges in the U.S. do not want to trace their origins that far for political reasons, (even though we are charged with learning it) there is a definite link to the Knights Templar. Visit Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland and learn it's history (not the tourist story).
Sounds like an interesting movies although it is fiction. Some have speculated the KT treasure is buried at Oak Island Nova Scotia. Some say it is a pirates treasure. Again dig into history and you will find that the Knights Templar and pirates paths do cross.
Just some food for fantasitic thought.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Knights Templar and Pirates paths crossing???

If Freemasonry IS traced back to the Knights Templar, and IF we get our Landmarks from them, then there would be NO connection to pirates, who are unlawful and theives,...

Freemasons aschew such lifestyles and those practiced by pirates, highwaymen, and other theives and criminals. If the Knights Templar became the Freemason Fraternity, then there is no connection to Pirates...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's not that I particularly subscribe to the pirate connection.
I can easily see the connection between the KT and Freemasonry, however I have no problem with others who don't wish to see that connection. But with the pirates it is less obvious to me and I could accept that it may just be a coincidence.
I probably shouldn't have said their paths crossed. More like they diverged.
The KT was a complex organization with members on many different levels. The actual knights were the minority. There were also the builders of the Cathedrals, the ships crews, the financiers and many others. It is believed that when they were outlawed different factions scattered. Some contemporary statements indicate that some of them took part of the KT fleet and became less than honorable. Some others went to "safe" territory outside the Pope's reach, such as Scotland at the time. Many were just absorbed into other groups, such as the Knights Hospitallers of St. John.
While the Lodge today is based on ethics, morality and tradition (the reasons that I joined) even in recent times there are exceptions, sometimes at higher levels (fellow PA masons may know of whom I speak). As charged, I am a lover of the arts and sciences and do not close my mind to possibilities.
So it is possible that some unethical KT members could have taken to crime when their only other livelihood was taken from them by Pope Clement and King Philip. But I'm the first to admit that just because something is possible doesn't make it true.
An analogy to this possible divergence is that just because my great-grandfather's nephew was a criminal that doesn't make me or my great-grandfather criminals.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Is that they only contribute to peoples laziness and false perceptions. The general census of society in the US in regards to Freemasonry is simply ignorance, the majority of people are simply not familiar with it. Those that are, either A. think its related to some illuminati NWO rubbish, or B. is a silly social club, neither is fair, just or accurate. Myself being a Freemason and a very proud one, I wear my emblem on a daily basis. Most days it goes un-noticed, un-questioned. However there are several times a week where some individual or another asks about it, or is shocked with my involvement, and thus we must have a conversation. The sad thing is that most of the widely available literature and media regarding Freemasonry, or other secret societies and orders is all conspiracy theorist garbage, and the masses being the lazy sheep they are, take it all on face value.

This movie will do no good for Freemasonry and Freemasons as a whole simply because its not factual, and its dealing with subject matter that is one part pure fiction, and another myth, not to mention subject matter that is widely unknown to your average joe.

The movie is simply going to spawn a new generation of supposed know it all Masonic experts, whos main argument is going to be "well thats what they said in National Treasure, and didnt you see From Hell, Masons were trying to hide a secret in that film, and I read the illuminati 666 and the new world order too, and they both support it, not to mention I read parts of the Hiram Key which support it and that was written by two Freemasons...." et al.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
it this mov patronage by freemason??

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Khonsu, I disagree to a certain point.

ANYTHING that gets masonry in front of people causes them to become curious, and to seek out more information. After From Hell we received my inquiries about masonry and no few petitions. No BECAUSE of the movie, but because many folks that had been curious about masonry looked deeper into it, if they recognized the symbolism in it at all.

I talked to many folks that are not masons, and not associated with Masonry at all, and they were surprised to find out that the group being portrayed was masonic... and the ritual they showed was so FAR wrong in so many ways as to be laughable.

When that poor brother was accidentally shot in New Jersey, membership applications and interest in masonry actually rose, not because of the shooting, but because they became aware of masonry and sought more information on it. I think it will be the same with this movie. It doesn't portray masons in a bad light at all, quite the opposite it seems.

I think we will have a surge of interest in masonry as a result of it.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
why are you guys putting so much effort into this movie? (opinion time)
this movie is going to suck just like every other jerry brockheimer (spelling?)
movie. but i will still probably still see it. just because im a sucker. a good mason movie is "from hell". but im sure you guys have had a long discussion about that one too.

masons are people too. their just a bit weirder.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Did you even bother to notice it is a DISNEY film?! And did you also notice that Disney is involed with mass brainwshing? I have a feeling that Disney, like other major media outlets, has a strong connection with the Illuminati, and this movie is just designed to pull your attention away from the true conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Disney... BRAINWASHING????

Oh, I have got to see the basis upon which you draw this conclusion. Please, share with the class the datum from which you came to this conclusion...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
For the past five years or so, DISNEY was the basis from which all this annoying pop culture came from (hip hop, pop, pop "punk") which eventually spread to other media networks and thats where the preps originated from. This is all theoretial and based on observation.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Will someone help me out here? I have a argument with no evidence on hand!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
All I can say is it looks like a good movie in fact it looks like it will be FUN-- I might actually go to the theater for this one instead of waiting for it to come out on dvd.

jm

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You wrote that Disney was brainwashing. Disney films are NOT responsible for Hip Hop or pop culture. Name me ONE Disney film that contributed to the growth or existence of Hip Hop...

I am not challenging you here, but simply trying to understand what basis you used to come to the startling accusation that you made against Disney...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris

then you shouldent of gotten in an argument you cant back up in the first place!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is a pro-masonic film in the fact that it gets people's attention away from the pyramid in a negative sense, and instead leaves them thinking of a corny nicolas cage movie whenever they see the eye from there on after lols.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'll volunteer to take notes on my PDA and post the clues in this thread for anyone interested. They'll probably lead us straight to the underground Disney complex and a $5.00 off admission coupon to Disneyland.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The only treasure I'm interested in is ... "The Hall of Records" ... if it exists

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by denseuno

Originally posted by invader_chris

then you shouldent of gotten in an argument you cant back up in the first place!

I agree he shouldn�t have, but I have read this huge document that in no way is straight evidence of Disney being a Illuminati front, but it certainly is a interesting read and probably is what he had read and should have linked to himself.

Heres the link: Disney as Illuminati bloodline

Jump down to the red text (One of the Greatest Deceptions of all Time: Disney) - the foreward is mostly general about Illuminati I think.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Dawnaj]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, Walt was certainly a Mason, but since THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ILLUMINATI ANY MORE, he could hardly have been one... and since he received a dishonrable discharge from the army, and had to fight to get his empire started, and nearly went bankrupt in the process...

you connect the dots... Walter Disney was just a good man that loved children and creating....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join