It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'It's Just That Simple'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The title phrase or the derivatives 'it's as simple as that' or 'plain and simple' drive me absolutely crazy when said after someone's point.

Not sure if it is the haughtiness of it all? As in their opinion is so absolute that their view is the unarguable final word. Or perhaps it's the stubbornness to see things past the scope of their view? As in it's either black or white and couldn't possibly have any gray area.

Anyways it just drives me crazy. Surely I've even said it myself but there is something about reading the phrase that makes me cringe. Lol

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I kinda think its a result of the oversimplification of complex issues we see Politicians and the Media do, Creating a simple Narrative for the populous to swallow.

As a result it has us all boiling vastly complex issues down in to simplistic bites to be swallowed...

Its as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I understand your annoyance. I think people are saying that particular phrase because they have grown weary of conspiracies; and they are saying...some things are what they seem to be; with no hidden agendas or meanings.
edit on 27-7-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Some people definitely need a clip over the ear for their irritating perversion of the English language, It's that simple

edit on 27/7/12 by TedHodgson because: I'm going to member hell

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I will suggest that terms is spoken frequently when the person being spoken to has not got the point , objects, or wants to add amendments all around it. That other mind has failed to grasp the central point either by ignorance or avoidance of some fashion.

For examplle, if I suggest that the introduction of the NWO among nations that would not naturally behave in that manner is because overlords in the UFOs have so dictated that result, then I can follow that up with, "...it's just that simple." And your choice is to take it or leave it, agree on that point or offer your rebuttal to the best of your abilities. Why would you quibble on someone making an vaguely emphatic statement? You would not do likewise in some manner of words to drive your point home?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sometimes things really are that simple. Some people just love to over complicate things so they can fix a problem that just ain't there so they can be important people.

I much prefer the KISS method.

Which is Keep It Simple Solution,

new topics

top topics

join