It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOAW !!! What a big big bone...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Who sayed giants never have existed ????

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Cool!

Got a story of link for this?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Woah it is huge. Nice find. Any link to a story?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ah, yes...the link.

I *think*that I found that pic on a french website, that's why I just kept the pic and not the link. Since I'm not sure, I'll try to find again this link.

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Very intresting
I wounder if we will find out what happend to the rest and what species it is

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The MT Blanco fossils (West Texas) are pretty famous among creationists: the person who runs all this is - a Joe Taylor �is a fundamentalist of fundamentalists.
They�re working on a web-site now at:
www.mtblanco.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I�ve never heard anyone deny the reality of the fossils: on the other hand I�ve never heard of a respectable palaeontologist being allowed within a mile of the place.
Taylor works the creationist-circuit pretty energetically, and there�s certainly money in it.
Non-American posters who do not perhaps fully appreciate the sheer size of creationism in N. America might look here: just a tiny sample of the industry.
tccsa.freeservers.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
WOW that blows the roof of the guys who found a nine foot skeleton just this past year.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon

1) The MT Blanco fossils (West Texas) are pretty famous among creationists: the person who runs all this is - a Joe Taylor �is a fundamentalist of fundamentalists.

2) I�ve never heard anyone deny the reality of the fossils: on the other hand I�ve never heard of a respectable palaeontologist being allowed within a mile of the place.

And thanks for your help. I looked for a link but I didn't find it and it was pretty embarrassing.

1) Do you mean that we can't believe him ? Also, I don't think that we have creationists or fundamentalist in Europe. If we have them too, they are pretty quite, because we don't hear them or about them on the news.

2) So, this bone could be a fake.
But I * believe * this bone is not a fake.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think that what we can see will be a cast (Taylor is pretty famous for them: he sells them) (replica); but I'd imagine the original was real enough, U-P.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Now I want to get my picture taken in front of that thing!!! If you are looking for information on this, type in "mt blanco giant" into google and you'll get a few hits. I beleive that this particular bone was escavated from a cave in Turkey. According to the same page (stevequayle.com) there were many giants found in Turkey as well as other places around the world. I found this page detailing the remains of giants found around the world

www.stangrist.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
According to the Bible, Noah's flood was to get rid of all the sinful people, and there are also said to been giants.

There may have also been a race of giants in the Moses era. Moses told his people to stay from from a particular people, I think they were the Nephitili (sp?) because he told them they were giants to the Hebrews.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Have there been "near" complete skeletons found? Have they been able to get any type of DNA from it? Could they figure out their life spans? I'd hate to run into a giant in a dark alley!

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That doesnt necessarily mean that there used to be giants...that particular bone might be from one of those people that have that one disease(cant remember the name of it) where your bones continue to grow throughout your whole life...The tallest person in the last 100 years was something like 15 feet tall I believe.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think its time for the serious researchers to look at all the information concerning "Giants".

Olaf Jansen says he saw giants of this size on a fishing trip up
north. Its a good read.

pousada.ch...

[Edited on 26-4-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oh yeah, now you mention the name Joe Taylor.... he showed up at our university years ago when I was still an undergrad... he is pretty much a nutcase.

Estragon is absolutely correct, he likes to show his findings and gift wrap it in creationist mumbo jumbo, but WILL NOT let any geologist/paleontologist anywhere near his real findings. When any of us approach him, he becomes overtly hostile, verging on getting violent when he is questioned on his methodology.

In terms of this find being fake or not, I believe there is a good chance it is a real fossil... however, I am not at all convinced it is associated with any kind of hominid. There is a very good chance it could be any number of permian to cretacious dinos that existed in the Permian Basin area. An experience paleontologist *should* be allowed to examine it (but then, he or she would blow Taylors theories out of the water if he found proof it was really a femur for some dinosaur).

I, as well as many of the geology students in college, had many a lively discussion (shouting matches) with the creationist bunch. Strange that the creationist often resort to shouting, since they have precious little to support thier side of the arguement.

On the geology/paleontology side:
relative stratigraphy analysis
radiometric dating
currently evolving DNA evidence
morphological analysis
(to name a few)

On the creationists side:
Well, you cant prove that we're *not* correct
All the radiometric/Carbon 14 dating is a fraud and all the data is manufactured (my personal favorite)

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
there certainly is a pathological condition called "acromegaly" (not entirely helpful as it merely means: tall-big in Greek) or sometimes "Gigantism" (worth a search) that results from pituitary malfunction and excessive production of growth hormone.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
generally recognised as the tallest man was the well-known Robert Wadlow: poor soul only lasted 32 years. He was 8 ft 11/ 9 ft according to sources: that's about 2 metres 64.
Having just measured Estragon's thigh-bone (Estragon is 1.83, and bearing in mind that height tends to be carried in the legs not the torso, I'd extrapolate that to a thigh-bone of about a metre (3 feet).
I'd go with dragon-R on this it's a non-human bone.
Oh, and a picture of this chap here: www.findagrave.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Poor guy, such a young age to die, not even halfway through his life. And with his height, I'm sure he was picked on alot in school and looked down...(..or up?
) Apon by others...

But anyways, I dunno, I see four possibilities here right now.

1) It is a bone of a Giant, showing their once existance.
2) Its a hoax and a fake
3)It is of a human with a massive pitutary disfunction which makes you grow to immense heights
4) Its of a different creature, possibly a dinosaur.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I would go with #4

<<   2 >>

join