It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Lied? Quotes from Democrats About the Threat of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I knew this was somewhere......Here you have it Bush the liar huh?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998-Truth!
This was a quote from President Clinton during a presentation at the Pentagon defending a decision to conduct military strikes against Iraq.

www.truthorfiction.com...

Mod Edit: removed part of a complete copy paste. Please review the site terms and conditions of use.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Almost all of those statements were made before the weapons inspectors were allowed back into Iraq.

Once they got in there in November of 2002, I think the opinions of many people may have changed.

Inspectors Call U.S. Tips 'Garbage' (Feb. 20, 2003)

[edit on 9-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
edsinger for the last few days you have been doing a great job in ATS in favor of bush/Cheney campaign but I have to burst your bubble but most of the topics have been discussed in ATS before without the sensationalism.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
edsinger for the last few days you have been doing a great job in ATS in favor of bush/Cheney campaign but I have to burst your bubble but most of the topics have been discussed in ATS before without the sensationalism.

Ah gee, I am blushing!

Actually the sensationalism helps and is done by others besides me. Oh well at least it gets the 'other' non Bush=Evil side presented. There is a lot at stake here.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The American people were INTELLIGENTLY SKEPTICAL about the NEED to go to war with Iraq.

Yet on this day, with a Gallup poll showing that 58 percent of Americans did not believe President Bush had done enough to explain why the United States should act against Iraq, . . .

The Energy department was FORBIDDING employees from telling the American people the FACTS

. . .[O]n Sept. 13, the day the article appeared, the Energy Department sent a directive FORBIDDING employees from discussing the subject with reporters.

The aluminum tubes were in FACT for Rockets:

The tubes now sought by Iraq had precisely the same dimensions - a perfect match [for slim rockets fired from launcher pods.

The argument of use of these aluminum tubes for a centrifuge was ridiculous

Yes, it was theoretically possible, but as an Energy Department analyst later told Senate investigators, it was also theoretically possible to "turn your new Yugo into a Cadillac."

Here Cheney lies about Saddam's nuclear program:

In his Nashville speech, Mr. Cheney had not mentioned the aluminum tubes or any other fresh intelligence when he said, ''We now know that Saddam has resumed his efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.'' The one specific source he did cite was Hussein Kamel al-Majid, . . . But Mr. Majid told American intelligence officials in 1995 that Iraq's nuclear program had been dismantled.

Here Cheney again lies on "Meet the Press":

On ''Meet the Press,'' Mr. Cheney said he knew ''for sure'' and ''in fact'' and ''with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY'' that Mr. Hussein was buying equipment to build a nuclear weapon.
''He has reconstituted his nuclear program,'' Mr. Cheney said flatly.
www.nytimes.com...

BUSH talked about the 'aluminum tubes' in his UN speech.

You were LIED to by BUSH.

BUSH was willing to ANYTHING to get us into war.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
[BUSH & CHENEY LIED TO GET US INTO IRAQ WAR

Yeh they knew

"He (Saddam Hussein) has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbours."

- Colin powell February 24, 2001

top topics

join