It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation inside Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As you probably already know - there is a growing resentment among the young of Iran - especially in Tehran. They are not happy with the restrictions that the religious regime is inflicting on them.

But so far - there has not been any serious counter-revolution, just students demonstrating.

There were some rumours among some Iranians here in Sweden about someone coming from the US and start a counter-revolution against the mullas of Iran.

This was supposed to be happening around the beginning of October.

The code-name of this guy / group were supposed to be "Ahura" - which I assume is taken from the old iranian god "Ahura Mazda".

Has anyone here heard anything?
Was something going on?
And why didn�t happen?

Grateful for any insights on this matter.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
try this link, a few people around the net are talking about this guy.

www.ahura.info...

There's another one here with a fuller story:

www.swissinfo.org...

(edited to add second link)

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've heard that an "Iran Liberation Act" may be passed to pave the way for a covert operation to replace the government of Iran.

Washington Post
In an even more dramatic move, Republican Senator Sam Brownback plans to introduce an Iran liberation act in the northern autumn, modelled on the Iraq Liberation Act that mandated regime change in Baghdad and provided more than $90 million to the Iraqi opposition.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
From what i can find it seems this Ahura guy had predicted the fall of the Iranian leadership for last friday and was supposed to be flying into the country to help make it happen (but pulled out at the last minute). Something may be happening though, one of the sources I looked at had an article about 70 people being arrested for rioting in Tehran in a protest against the theocratic leadership. I didn't hear about this, did any of you guys?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Thank you Chris McGee for your links and info about Ahura.

I thought it was a made up name.

Unfortunatly I am not able to read farsi, but maybe some Iranian can translate some parts that not are written in English?

It is a bit strange that a site like
www.daneshjoo.org...
does not mention one word about this.

Edit: But here is another article from a news agency:
www.iran-press-service.com...

Apparently this guy is not as well thought of as he thinks, but the Iranians are so eager for a change that they will accept anyone.

[edit on 2004-10-10 by Ruskigbuss]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i doubt there will be any revolution or successful revolt in Iran, the Mullah's hold the guns and control the oil. Any revolt will be put down with extreme force. Something will give one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
i doubt there will be any revolution or successful revolt in Iran, the Mullah's hold the guns and control the oil. Any revolt will be put down with extreme force. Something will give one way or the other.

Yes - the Mullahs has a firm grip right now, but so did the Shah just before he was forced to leave. If the military tires of the religious - they might easily join forces with the students and other fractions.

From what my Iranian friends tell me - the people on the street are very tired of this regime.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think that the best thing Iranians can do now is wait.

They may not change the regime from one day to another, but if they wait maybe they can get all they want without a revolution or a war.
This year, the Robocup was in Lisbon, and there were some teams from Iran, in the robots categories as in the AI simulators categories, and they got good results. This gives me the sensation that if they have enough education and knowledge to do this, they also have enough knowledge and education to know what they want.

As we can see in Iraq, a change of the rulers of a country must be made by the people of that country.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
the only way things will change in iran is if the people walk out in the streets and change the govt themselves like they did against the shah. it has to be populist and the people have to get in on it and participate for it to work.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I've heard that an "Iran Liberation Act" may be passed to pave the way for a covert operation to replace the government of Iran.

Although i don't agree with the Iranian Religious government, do you not think it is a tad wrong that another country can pass an act sanctioning regime change in another sovereign country? Hell, what if everybody started making laws like that!!

new topics

top topics

join