It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan interview with Michael Moore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com... /

This would have to be one of the best interviews i have seen. There are not too many things that i think the western world are so completely different in their views off to the U.S.A than the issue of guns. i found it disturbing that while those poor peoples bodies where still in the theatre, there where already people on here and many other sites calling it a "false flag" and a conspiracy to take away their guns. Yes i know...it can happen anywhere. it has even happened here in australia with our port arthur massacre. but the facts are the facts. It is more likely to happen in america. Rather than look for solutions when it happens, the first reaction is "dont even talk about taking away our right to bare arms".

one of the best parts of the interview is when he talks about no one in the theatre shooting back. there were a few comments on ats saying "if i was there he wouldnt have killed so many...i would have shot him with my gun". like michael moore points out, its not like the movies. you may not have been the hero. in the smoke..the tear gas...the panic and people running, imagine if there was more people shooting. MORE people could have died.

This IS NOT a thread slamming americans. simply pointing out that in my opinion, the rest of the world think differently to americans over the issue of gun control. Maybe it is as michael moore says. its an attitude thing. you have 200 channel...i want 300 channels. you have a hand gun...i want a gun that can fire 500 rounds in 1 minute. the line has to be drawn and i dont think that while ever the gun lobby, government and others who make the decisions have breath in them...anything will change.

whats your opinion and please state either american/non american if you can. not everyone has their country of origin on here and it would be interesting to see who is pro and con.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Piers Morgan and Michael Moore are World government shills. They are nothing more than propaganda merchants
doing what they are told and seizing on a staged event to bring in gun control via the UN small arms treaty which is nothing more than a way to disarm free thinking freedom loving people. Real gun owners don't commit mass shootings, governments do.
Piers Morgan himself has been quoted saying he didn't get to the top without being a dispicable human being and he is so right.
I suggest you stop drinking the kool aid and stop watching CNN.
Michael Moore is such a slime ball he isn't even relevant any more.
Can you not see the connection between the shooting and the senate being two votes short of allowing the UN small arms treaty, which Obama will sign next week. Then they roll out Bloomberg, and Moore and Morgan all screaming for American's to be disarmed?
If you can't see through this sharade I feel for you.

edit on 25-7-2012 by mark1167 because: P.S More people are killed every week in Chicago through gang violence than this shooting and it never makes the news.Why is that?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

my guess is ....
...american.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I'm American, and it's sad that laws are controlled by lobbyists who roam the halls of congress. The power of the NRA has two presidential candidates afraid to talk about the issue of gun control for fear of losing this coming presidential election. This is a tell tell sign that laws are not made to benefit its citizens, but are strong armed by political lobbyists. If candidates are afraid to speak their mind for fear of retribution, does the U.S. really have a government for and by the people? This is a perfect example of how our laws are influenced by powerful organizations and corporations. It's very similar to mafia rule.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Michael Moore = illuminati troll

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I saw that last night too,
It was a good interview, and MM did say something pretty interesting things.
I noticed that when the interviewer asked about Romney and Obama, his answer was cut short rather quickly.

One thing that stood out though, is MM was given time and opportunity to ask the HARD questions..

but he didnt..

I lost a big of trust in him.

If I had my 2 minutes on CNN or FOX, boy o boy id be saking some questions to make sure people knew the reality of the situation.

But good to see an eastern states man saw it too!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Wrong...... A well educated and informed Canadian who see's through the veil. Canadians are smart people who also love freedom and the ability to defend and protect their families from tyranny and injustice. I have guns, my friends have guns. Guns are not the problem. The problem is the control freaks in charge of the world right now
committing horrific crimes to further an agenda in which they take guns away from honest people who question the system. A disarmed population is easier to control, dissent is easier to quash. You have to look past the spoon fed dribble they try to pass off as news and go deeper into the truth of things. Make the connections to see who really benefits from a tragedy like this and you will have your answers.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

I totally agree with you..I thought the whole interviews...actually all the interviews lately are a bit contrived or forced...all about gun control. I will tell you--gun control is NEV' A going to happen..end of conversation.

The kid was probably doped up beyond belief with pharma drugs..are they bring attention to this? Will they call for a ban on those types of drugs? pftt--didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When Michael Moore lives like the rest of us and doesn't have private security that can carry firearms to protect him then he can talk. Lets focus on 12 people dying in the US instead of the countless that die from drug cartels in Mexico. What about civilians that died in Iraq and from drone strikes.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
my solution would be to ban the ammunition. make bullets illegal. stop making them and destroy all stocks available.

then all those who feel the need can carry a gun. and if need be they can throw the bloody thing at whomever they would have shot at.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm going to be up front with my response... I didn't read the article or the post. I just wanted to comment that anything Michael Moore related should be taken with good truck-full of doubt and skepticism. He has shown to contradict himself and flat out make up information. If you want to get a good introductory to how badly it is watch a documentary called FahrenHYPE 9/11. It's not a slight against anything 9/11 but gives good insight in how Michael Moore used statements, footage and excerpts of those to make his point which is in direct conflict to what was actually said.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You know you have issues when these two sound good to ya.

The progressives can cry all day long CRY----CRY-----CRY. They have already lost there are already to many guns and the rule of law backing it up.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hypocrite.

When he opens up his multimillion dollar home, to those in need, Then I will be impressed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
A lot of people don't get this concept--even a lot of gun-owners: The 2nd Amendment (as are all of the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution, known as the Bill of Rights) is a _declaration_ of God-given rights. It is not a list of requested privileges. No one--including and especially the "government"--has any say in our decision to own guns. The further they encroach, the closer they come to being in breach of their own privilege of even being our government.

So Michael Moore and all you sniveling sob-sisters can go on crying and pleading and hoping we'll feel guilty and toss them into the furnace, along with the rest of you pussies who were so quick to give them up. But no: We will oblige the bastards to come and take them.

And as far as shutting down the bullet factories: Yeah. As if we couldn't make them ourselves, come down to it. And gunpowder too, just in case they want to try that.

And yes--in case you couldn't guess, I am an American....
edit on 7/26/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
well a lot of you havent dissapointed me. it really is an attitude.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

bullets are easily made..and you really don't solve any problems by making the ammunition illegal..that would just open up more violence because of black markets.

new topics

top topics

join