It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Federal Election Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I was looking forward to removing this avatar and changing what my location reads today. Guess now that Howard won it will stay...

[edit on 9-10-2004 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
War partners congratulate Howard on win.
Full Story
Bush sure knows who is friends are.
Could Bush or Kerry find Australia on a globe without help?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
How could you say such a thing? Bush has been to Australia !! For a full 24 hours!!!

Alternative Stream Link or Download the whole file

You'll need Broadband for the streaming links and Real Player installed to watch any .ram or .rm files.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
How could you say such a thing? Bush has been to Australia !! For a full 24 hours!!!

Just because Bush has spend a whole 24 hours in Australia it dosnt mean he can find the place on a map.
Didnt Bush say he liked Australia because the outback remind him of Texas?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Bush loves Australia for 2 reasons -

1- if it wasnt for australia the global defence system would be cactus ( ie Pine Gap)

2- with the free trade agreement all set for a go ahead, it means more american franchises here........... oh joy , just what we need, twinkies.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I was joking. And Bush never saw the outback. Hell he was only here for 24hrs, in which he mumbled some crap to our parliament, gave Howard a pat on the back and had Senator Bob Brown yell something at him.

Your typical parliament question and answer time really.

(typo ed)

[edit on 10-10-2004 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No government is perfect, but I'm glad the Liberals are still in power.

If you voted labour you'd be taking a pretty big chance. Atleast with the howard government you know their track record. But people seem to have short memories, forgeting what it was like when Labour was in power. Defeceit after defeceit, scandal. I mean you only need to look at the last 3 years of labour. Beazley stepped down, Crean stood up, Crean sucked so Beazley challenged, Beazley lost, Crean still sucked so Latham took the reins.

The party just wasn't ready to run the nation.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't think people are fully aware of the ramifications of this election result.
It was only the day before the election I was made aware of the skullduggery involved in the Martin Bryant case (sort of our own mini 9/11)
If anyone cares to look into it you'll realise that Howard has been scaremongering us since he's been in office.(Nice timing with the Jakarta bombing boys!)
And don't forget that he's been sleazing around since the Whitlam dismissal. I'm sure he's been in with the big boys since then, he's probably privy to some real special stuff. Hell, Dubya may have even shown him the "Yellow Book" and told him he could be in on the deal.
These guys may pretend to be "born again", but they'll be eating their hats if they believe that alien holographic conjob.
These guys have blood on their hands, and if they believe they can escape their karma by staging a fake alien invasion and escaping through a time line, then they're as dumb as they look. Karma is inextricably connected to the soul (But only if you've got one)
At least the Germans were upfront about turning their citizens into lampshades & bars of soap..eh?
Remember this from your Bible, boys?
'Who sinned Master, this man or his parents, that he was born blind ?'
I guess that one sort of slipped through, huh?
Anyone who thinks we invaded the 'cradle of civilization' for a bit of that 'texas tea', better think again
If it ain't terrorists, and it ain't oil, then....what ??

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Ganesh2005]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well it ain't for sand...

Saw this supreme ignorance in a Sunday paper today:

Emily, 18. Student.

"I just havn't had time, and it doesn't really faze me. I'll probably vote for John Howard, because Mum and Dad reckon he'd be good so I'll follow their lead. Last election I was too young to vote and this time it's all been full-on, it's just like blah, blahdy, blah. I have no idea who I'll vote for."

Guess what my dear, you are still too young to vote.

This is how tossers win elections people, take note.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Well it ain't for sand...

Saw this supreme ignorance in a Sunday paper today:

Emily, 18. Student.

"I just havn't had time, and it doesn't really faze me. I'll probably vote for John Howard, because Mum and Dad reckon he'd be good so I'll follow their lead. Last election I was too young to vote and this time it's all been full-on, it's just like blah, blahdy, blah. I have no idea who I'll vote for."

Guess what my dear, you are still too young to vote.

This is how tossers win elections people, take note.

The exact same thing applies for all the parties. I have a friend who voted labour simply because his parents did. I know a group of guys in their 20's who don't follow politics but voted Greens simply because their 'hip' and are going through their 'ohhh, hug a tree' part of their life.

You just can't make generalisations like that.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Then I guess its safe to say that the majority of the ignorant voted Liberal than Labour or Greens then, eh? And I'm not saying that Howard is the only tosser to have ever been voted in due to the ignorant vote.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
So no child in a labour family ever voted in line with their parents?

Liberal won because Labour was dumb enough to think that Latham was a legitimate candidate, Beazley in charge would have given a much closer race I reckon.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
At least the greens got more power in the senate, thats all i have to say good about it...

I was quite out on saturday night when my dad rang me to tell me liberal won (he was happy coz he voted liberal, even though he claims to be a leftist)... it nearly ruined my night... i drank alot more than usual because of this (and thats quite alot)...

Another sad thing is i feel this will be an indication of how the US elections will go, and the last thing we need is for the real axis of evil (Bush, Blair, and Howard) to be around at the beginning of next year...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Oh, don't think that I wanted Labour to win. I voted for neither. It would be interesting to see how many young voters actually did vote based on family influence as opposed to genuine policy awareness and own opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I didnt really like either party to be honest, but labour was the lesser of two evils (i voted green, but hoped for a labour victory)... Hopefully the greens presence in the senate will keep the libs in line

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think Latham would have won had this election been held a year or so later. He hasnt had enough time in office to fully prove himself. IMHO he's trying too hard to be like Gough Whitlam and John Curtin ............... we havent seen the real Latham yet.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I guess Kerry's sister will have to go home know and watch her brother get beat in our election. Like here Australian- Lathem got beat. Its funny how divided our free world is. I'm blessed to be on the 52% side of the battle.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
As much as Howard says otherwise, I believe he will retire mid-term and the Australian people will be stuck with Peter Costello for PM.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I didnt really like either party to be honest, but labour was the lesser of two evils (i voted green, but hoped for a labour victory)... Hopefully the greens presence in the senate will keep the libs in line

The Greens are hopeless, Bob Brown is just a grand standing git with some incredibly stupid policies. They should get back to devoting their time to the environment and leave the economy to the big boys.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

As much as Howard says otherwise, I believe he will retire mid-term and the Australian people will be stuck with Peter Costello for PM.

Well that's what labors scare tactics tried to get across. The fact is Costello is far smarter and far more articulate than Latham or for that matter anyone in the shadow cabinet. As it turns out so did the Australian people.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join