It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Federal Election Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
D

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well, time for Australia to choose today. Howard or Latham. FOr all the Aussies out there and others who are interested here's the Australia Electoral Commissions online tally room:

Tally Room

Seems like it's gonna be pretty close, but I'm hoping for a Labor win.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Booths just closed, i hope Latam gets in as well, he is ready and he sounds fair. Howards done alot of fear mongoring in last few days so its too close to tell.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
yes it will be extremely close I predict.

Anyone but Howard here.

EDIT: Of course, I still don't think Latham is PM material. But a message needs to be sent to the Oz pollies and to the world, that we will not tolerate what is being done in our name and that there was no authorisation for the position Howard has placed us in.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
its only early but I think safe to say that john howard and the coalition have been re-elected in what could be considered an overwhelming victory.

it looks like they will pick up some seats too

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I've chosen not to vote due to personal reasons, as I might not even be living in this country next month anyways. A lot of people have gotten on my back for never voting, but perhaps I will when I decide to settle down somewhere. I've been quite the vagabond my entire life, and don't feel I have the right to vote for someone that everyone else will be living with after I leave. Plus, I don't agree with voting being mandatory, though I can see why they enforce it, to ensure a positive democratic vote... apparently. until then, they're all just relatively equal, if not lesser evils to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
He lied about the war, send troops into iraq based on lies and then makes australia less safer. What does he get for this relected. This election is most likely rigged. I also rememember the anti war marches in australia they were huge.

If howard can win this, then bush will win again with ease.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
there's no way that the election is rigged

i think its just a case of "better the devil you know"

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Its looks like John Howard will get a fourth term. Im confused you commite troops to an unpopular war cut funds to health & education and you have a good chance at a fourth term.

Coalition set to win with increased majority

[edit on 9-10-2004 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I saw an advertisment for the news with footage of Howard & Latham Shaking hands... You could clearly see that Latham Puffed out his chest & grabbed Howards hand really hard... trieng to intimmedate Howard, who had one of those wary fake smiles.... it was rather funny.....hence why i gave my vote to Latham
...After the Greens. (hey, they need a shot
)

AND WHY IS THERE AN OUTDOORS PARTY!?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I voted Latham, but I have been saying all along that I think Howard will win.

BUT........... I predict it will be extremely close. At the moment it's Howard - 52.33% vs Latham - 47.67%........ still a lot of counting to go.

This is for the House of Reps.......... I will be VERY interested to see what happens in the Senate.

D

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Damn, everyone's expecting a Coalition win and the polls are showing. Bad luck for Labor. And yes, Howard has been doing a hell of a lot of scare mongering and it's working. Heaps of people are scared about all the interest rates crap. Something that many of us knows is a lot of crap. Interest rates rising. As if.

And deaf fences hit, voting isn't compulsory. Getting your name marked off the ballot paper is. Just do that and put in a blank paper.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Saddam's election's was rigged everyone ok with that. But when it comes to western governments. No way they can be rigged.

It's controled government. People who are power are the ones that conform to the NWO.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yesterday I voted at the Australian Embassy in The Hague. In there, I came across a girl who asked me whether John Howard was Labour or Liberal. UNBELIEVABLE!
Here was someone who didn't know such a basic thing, and her vote was going to count! I was a quite horrified, and hoped that people like her were just a very miniscule minority!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinguy2004
Yesterday I voted at the Australian Embassy in The Hague. In there, I came across a girl who asked me whether John Howard was Labour or Liberal. UNBELIEVABLE!
Here was someone who didn't know such a basic thing, and her vote was going to count! I was a quite horrified, and hoped that people like her were just a very miniscule minority!

The ignorance of some people in regards to politics both astounds and frightens me.........as well as making me extremely angry. We're voting on people who will lead us and shape our lives........ how the HELL can you not know something as basic as that?

( I have to ask......... was she blond?)

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Howard won

(NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo)

:<

Bad luck Latham, i hope Howard does not screw up his forth term.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
Howard won

(NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo)

:<

My sentiments exactly.

I'll shout anyone a beer at the pub who wants to commiserate.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i ran a labor booth in the seat of macquarie (Safe Liberal seat) today. I was there from 5.30am to 9 campaigning for latham and labor and also scrutinizing the votes as the alp representative. What I saw all day is people who believe the liberal's economic scare tactics. To put it simply, the majority believed the disinformation campaign and didn't want to take a chance with labor. What I hate about politics the most is that when people believe a party that is blindy lying and distorting the truth.

Labor ran the cleanest campaign i've seen in ages. Latham ran the better campaign and had the better policies. All it took to take this apart was a little conservative scaremongering and the conservatives buying blue collar workers with promises to cut down our beautiful forests. People don't like change, they are scared of change and don't want to risk anything.

Tis a sad day indeed. Let's hope in 3 more years Latham is our PM.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What little national pride I ever had for this country is completely gone now, I don't want to consider myself Australian anymore; from now on I am from the country "Independent". If Howard can get in by using scare tactics and lies FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW, then I know that we are doomed... long live Independent.

D

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Real shame that Howard managed to win again on scare tactics. And it's an even bigger shame that so many Australians believed him. Again. But as one of the political guys on Channel 9 said, this election has turned Mark Latham from opposition leader into an alternate Prime Minister.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by D
And deaf fences hit, voting isn't compulsory. Getting your name marked off the ballot paper is. Just do that and put in a blank paper.

Thanks for the word D. So your free as long as you don't register right? I still don't think I'm gonna do it... actually wait, that day was yesterday, so it looks like I missed out. Blah...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join