It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are terrorists not afraid to kill themselves but are afraid of the vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I cannot understand the logic here. Ok tit for tat killings in Israel yes but in Afghanistan and Iraq they try to disrupt and cause mayhem when voting takes place.

I'm not saying this eloquently enough but if they have a cause and the people believe in it and they form a political party, register that party at voting time, then get voted in. Is that not success and better than blowing people up and beheading them. The only thing I see from their tactics is mayhem and murder.

Just what are they trying to suceed in doing bring change to the world through barbarism? Why are they so afraid of the people in places where they operate voting? Who are they fighting for? I'm at a loss here.

Maybe someone on ATS can put me right or not.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Disruption of government in Afghanistan and Iraq are quite purposeful. The rebellion does not want their coalition occupation installed governments and will do what they will to put an end to them. They do not want to work within the system forced upon their countries as they feel it is illegitimate. Voting places, police barracks, government buildings, and anything else associated with the coalition is subject to attack in these areas as a result of this feeling of illegitimacy.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
They fight for Allah, Islam, the Quran, Sharia law and Wabbhism. How many democracies are there in the Middle East?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
They fight for Allah, Islam, the Quran, Sharia law and Wabbhism. How many democracies are there in the Middle East?

There's only one, Israel. Their democracy works and I believe that the rest of the Middle East is against their governments becoming a democracy is because of this fact.

I really don't see how they can be against the installation of a pro-democratic government knowing the benefits it reaps. I suppose years upon years of oppression does something to the will of a human not to want to seek the freedom to do what they want and to travel where they wish.

It's a sad situation and I don't believe it's going to solve in a generation. It will take years for the people to realize the things they can have living under a pro-Western-style government.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It`s about power and the abillity to control the situation.Nobody in Afghanistan wanted the Taliban so there hardly going to vote for mindless psychopaths.Would yo vote for the group in Iraq that is beheading people.Bush and Blair may have there faults but atleast we can call them bad things without to much hassle.
Unfortunetly in the west we have a media who portrays a false impression of the situation in the middle east.They will not report on normal everyday people angry at the factions in these countries that are causing the problems.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed

They also want to rule the world, and make everyone think like their so called prophot mohammed.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm not so sure that many of the terrorists know what they're fighting for, other than what they've been taught - The Western Evils, and for God. Forgive me for sounding cliche, but they're a product of their society. I don't think these foot soldiers have any aim other than terror. The more brutal they are, the more attention they aquire. Any publicity is good publicity, don't they say?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
in fact they seem to be politically astute as the timings of murders etc all coincide with something. So I still don't get it why not go the political way.

Are we missing something?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
in fact they seem to be politically astute as the timings of murders etc all coincide with something. So I still don't get it why not go the political way.

Are we missing something?

Most terrorist organisation tend to go political when they reach the point when killing proves ineffiective.The IRA,ETA.Black Sept all learn`t that killing large numbers simply hurts there cause and alienates the group.In time this may happen to the groups in Iraq once the violance has run its cause intelligant members of the group will start a political group and negotiate terms.This is why govt nevet give in to terrorist as there is allways a set pattern and outcome.Unfortunatly this happens after a lot of deaths but eventually it will reduce.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The guys kill americans / british ok there the enemies but what about all the iraqi's kids etc. What political point are they making there?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
The guys kill americans / british ok there the enemies but what about all the iraqi's kids etc. What political point are they making there?

They justifiy it as a necessary.ETA killed inocents in A Spainish supermarket without any reason than to cause fear and panic in the country.Mostly women and children were killed.That caused an uprising within ETA`s ranks and the tactic has never been used again.If the population fear them they try to use that as a means of controlling the population to force them to go against the govt or in Iraq the troops.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If the US is so hated and these guys so loved by the majority shi ite population where is the need for fear if they already have the minds and hearts?

top topics

join