It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Seems pretty similar, but with an inverted crown and moon. I wonder why..

Completely blew away my theory...

That or Jumanji Gold Edition?

edit on 22-7-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
just throwing this out there, i know it looks more like a elephant.
but maybe it could be a mammoth, don't know if any mammoth fossils
have been found in ecuador.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
was doing a little research on stan hall and the tayos cave system.
found the below page, and if you look at the next last to image, it appears to be the same as the one with the cats in the op,
i found that to be kinda strange, could somebody be using old photos.

Father Crespi

eta: if you look at the second image on the second row, theres one of them elephants again.
edit on 22-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Who cares about the planets, I'm scared of those GIANT cats dwarfing that pyramid!!

Oo

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think those are reference images only. The article said that the explorers had only reported the findings by radio and as yet have not shown any artefacts.

No point looking at those images and coming to any conclusions, they're not what they found.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
As much as I would like to think it's real it doesn't seem right with the oxidation and the cats and elephants are out of place. Darn these hoax finds!

Holy crap, NO ONE is reading the article and everyone is focusing on those reference images.

I give up, this place is incapable... lol

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
had to dig some through my hard drive to find more, i knew i rat wholed it some where.
this is a article from nexus magazine, about stan hall. it even gives the location for the cave system.
i suggest to all it is fairly interesting to read.

The Quest For The Metal Library

here are the cords: 77º 47' 34" west and 1º 56' 00" south.
edit on 22-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I think I read in new scientist (not sure) that there was a sunken boat they found that dated back to ancient greece and that had a computer on it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jinni73

that would be neat if you can dig it up, the artical that is mawahahha
edit on 22-7-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: Dig up the artical

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Who cares about the planets, I'm scared of those GIANT cats dwarfing that pyramid!!

Oo

dont kid yourself, who cares about the cats. (MIB, ORIONS BELT, ITS IN ORIONS BELLLLT!!!!!!)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal
I don't know for sure if article is true, but just by looking through some other links on the site it doesn't seem very credible.

For instance one of the linked news articles says that Madonna(Yes the singer) died in her sleep. Unfortunately for that news article it was dated sometime in 2009. And Modanna still seems to be alive and kicking....
edit on 22-7-2012 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately for the article, or for us? it seems the longer she lives, the more the horrors of her exposing her body terrify the masses. This last time, when she showed her boob, I swear to God I thought it was a rerun of Tales From The Crypt.

RE: the OP....this is, if true, the biggest thing to happen in my lifetime. I have read about the Metal Library, literally, my whole life. I had always thought it to be a hoax, but dreamed that it wasn't.

I really, really, really hope this is true. And I hope that all details are made public knowledge, without the meddling of the wealthy investors and governments that like to hide knowledge from us plebes.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

i think this whole thing is fake
i found this in your link

if you look closer you can see the
same style of carvings like the metal
plate i think somebody is trying to make
some money

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i remember reading erich von deinkin a long time ago gold of the gods sure it said tunnels had been explored by army for 600 plus miles

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
this is cool, i wonder how long until this winds up on ancient aliens

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
If i am not mistaken this is old news.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Awesome find

Take a look at the upper right hand corner of this picture from your source:

It looks like an elephant. I don't think that elephants ever existed in Ecuador so this strengthens my theory that all these ancient civilizations were somehow connected, most likely by Atlantis.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. This is South America. What fraking Elephants? They must have known about Elephants from there being explorations of the other side of the world. There were no Elephants in South America. Knowledge base comes from where?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Would that be Punchy from my childhood memories.

Can Punchy break down the house of bricks?

Third line...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It sounds fake to me
why would anyone come to a radio talk show with zero proof after finding something like they claim to have found
it sounds like a prank or a bad marketing plot to sell hype
I wouldn't keep my hopes up on this one

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The "gold plate" to me does not look like gold. It appears tarnished at the edges (why not in the middle too?). It looks like polished brass or bronze that has been chemically 'aged' or has been oxidised due to handling.

If this is brass or bronze, there's no way it is older than a month (since last polished). The oxidisation would have been worse (and covered the whole plate more evenly) especially in the humidity of a cave.

Along the bottom of the plate is what appears to be Greek lettering but the photo is very poor. And the elephants in both are not native to Ecuador.

Similarities in theme and execution lead me to assume that both plates were done by the same person, too.

The other (silver?) plate in the photo also lacks oxidisation.

I'd go with totally fake.
edit on 22/7/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

Silver doesn't tarnish, other than to oxidise silver / white. The sterling silver you are used to seeing goes dark because of the copper. Fine silver doesn't tarnish.

Gold also doesn't tarnish, but it will lose it's luster. The oxidised area's could be impurities in the alloy, or from the tools used to beat it. This is somewhat expected.

Within 3 seconds I could tell you if they are real if I saw them in person.

Please don't try to fool people that you're an expert on precious metals.

My opinion is that they are fake, but not for the reasons mentioned above.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TotallyFEDup88

Yes, old news. Erich von Daniken wrote about this, maybe more than once, He wrote about it in his book, History is Wrong. In that book he wrote how the various artifacts had been placed in a museum, but the museum burned down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join