It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What I found interesting was the elephant engraving. It stood out to me immediately. Elephants are not native to South America (I might be wrong). Sure, there are elephants there now I guess in zoos or something, but "back then" (whenever then happens to be) it seems strange to me that it would have carvings of elephants.

Is there any literature on what topics are supposed to be found within this metal library? I have never heard of this before, so definitely a S&F for sharing. I'm interested to learn more about it (whether its real or hoax, it's interesting), so thanks for giving me a research topic for the evening!

edit on 22-7-2012 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

The "gold plate" to me does not look like gold. It appears tarnished at the edges (why not in the middle too?). It looks like polished brass or bronze that has been chemically 'aged' or has been oxidised due to handling.

If this is brass or bronze, there's no way it is older than a month (since last polished). The oxidisation would have been worse (and covered the whole plate more evenly) especially in the humidity of a cave.

Along the bottom of the plate is what appears to be Greek lettering but the photo is very poor. And the elephants in both are not native to Ecuador.

Similarities in theme and execution lead me to assume that both plates were done by the same person, too.

The other (silver?) plate in the photo also lacks oxidisation.

I'd go with totally fake.
edit on 22/7/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Good eye

I spotted that too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is really interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Yes this would be the cave those stories were based upon, if discovered...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Correct me if I am wrong but that looks like an elephant on one of the books. Are there or were there elephants in Ecuador? If so when.

Guess I should have read all the replies before I posted my own! Great minds....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
well there are 9 planets, then a 10th red one, but there are also elephants so either they had the internet, or traveled, or elephants once roamed there, and that would be a long time ago

unless these are brand new and just a hoax

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

All the artifacts in the past associated with this suggested location have looked like poorly created fakes, it would be amusing to see a cave full of them...maybe created for the inter-stellar tourist industry.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Supposedly, Von Danniken took photos of these artifacts back in the 1970's. Where are they? I still say, something in not right in this announcement.
One other thing, there some kind of writing on the bottom of the first plate with the "cats". Is there a better picture that we can use to enlarge and see what the characters are?

I'm going to hold judgement on this, until there is more information..but I doubt it.

Kratos40

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
As much as I would like to think it's real it doesn't seem right with the oxidation and the cats and elephants are out of place. Darn these hoax finds!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Oh my.... Op, you're on my permanent Christmas Card List. Really.. This made my day like absolutely nothing else could have, in this life. Literally. If this ...they have to date this. I hope if I miss that outcome, someone else catches it... dates dates dates.. what are the dates of these and what else is down there??? Oh my... this can't be.

Well... We won't know anything but guess work and wild speculation until some people translate the basics for reference of time and place and dating is done on the find..and ..whatever is deeper.

Oh my.. Two things have been lost to history that I think of here. One for certain and the other...always speculated on but I didn't see absolute 'worth going out hunting for' confirmation. The first are the hoards of gold that were said to exist prior to The Spanish coming to destroy an entre culture and people. Heck. I read clear back in grade school history books that they didn't get ALL of it and a rather staggering amount by today's standards..was just lost. Hidden somewhere..but every legend starts out that way, huh?

The other...Alexandria. It couldn't be though. right? I hope they have real, honest to goodness security on this location and with all the firepower guarding Fort Knox would justify. They say they didn't get into what they think may be deeper. Well...their chamber of a library could just be an ante-room to what those who made this considered REAL treasure....and in my mind, people can have the jewels and gold. Enjoy it.. I want the knowledge those books may hold..if those date to the right period and MAY have been recorded with information well before it.

The Holy Grail was just a cup to drink from....Knowledge from antiquity would be worth infinitely more.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

i have heard of stories of the indigenous peoples hiding their knowledge from invaders by burying it,
i cant speak to the authenticity of these objects,

but i wonder why these were hidden?

a skeleton was found (according to the story) so could this just be a tomb with a few artefacts?

and some story telling to increase tourists?

xploder

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Yes as i said in the OP literaly unbelievable, but good story though.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll feel really bad though for getting hopes up if it's just a false claim, i'd have to go there myself or something and find it just to make ammends...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Nice find.. I hope the rest of the images get shown soon...
s/f

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Also, I don't think this could be fake because............c'mon, who's going to go to the effort and vast expense of making books and tablet out of gold and Silver! According to the source there are literally hundreds of them?

The metal looks more like a copper alloy than gold.

I would be willing to bet that it is just spray painted clay/bondo.

Why would people fake things? To make money....just look at Dutchsinse, capitalising on the gullible.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

i have been following stories of this for many years,
so far the only real proof disapaired and i fear most of what was collected would be in a private collection by now.

i am still hopefull that sometime in the future the metal library will be shown publicly

the myths on this interest me

xploder

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Very interesting video. As much as I gleen YouTube, I have never come across this before. I wonder if the Sumerian idol was a replica or something original? In the video commentary, they say that all these artifacts disappeared in 1982 after father Crespi passed way. I am led to believe that the Vatican Clearinghouse had something to do with this. They have archives that are not accessible to the public. Why? If after the whole pedophilia controversy the Vatican says they are bankrupt, then why do they still hold to countless paintings, sculputres, artifacts that are worth millions if not billions of dollars? Can someone clarify this for me/us?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Agreed with an above poster, this is WAY more interesting then the Baltic UFO expedition. I've never heard of the Golden Library in any myths but it reminds me of the legendary city of El Dorado.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I don't know for sure if article is true, but just by looking through some other links on the site it doesn't seem very credible.

For instance one of the linked news articles says that Madonna(Yes the singer) died in her sleep. Unfortunately for that news article it was dated sometime in 2009. And Modanna still seems to be alive and kicking....
edit on 22-7-2012 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That person in the center looks like Baal Hamon and the lady next to him appears to be his wife Tanit. Baal Hamon is the chief deity of the Carthaginians, who were originally a colony of the Phoenicians.

Baal-Hamon

This statue of Baal Hamon is housed at the Bardo Museum in Tunisia. Both images show a man holding a vase.

Tanit

Tanit is wearing a dress and has a crescent moon over her head. Both images have these elements.

The Carthaginians were known to use elephants in the time of war. In 218 B.C. the Punic Carthaginian military commander Hannibal took 37 war elephants with his army when crossing the Pyrenees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join