It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Consumers Want Boycott of French, German Goods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
One in three consumers in the United States is ready to boycott goods from France and Germany over the two countries' opposition to the U.S.-British invasion of Iraq, according to a survey released Friday.

FULL ARTICLE

Seems like the public doesn't forget as fast as we thought. I think it's ridiculous, but then again, Americans will do as they please...

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
...Hight taxes on lux products...

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No No, I think a rep from the UN needs to come to each American grocery and make sure each American is buying all the French products we can. Maybe we can be subject to home inspections by the UN to assure we are buying the way we're supposed to. I just hope Hans Blix heads it up.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
But aren't all Americans rich? That's what the world thinks right? *drinks his Evian water, and then wonders if there's anything behind the fact that it spells "naive" backwards...*

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Oh no! A food inspections regime! God help us all!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well you know the UN inspectors have to make a living too.

[Edited on 04/14/03 by nyeff]

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wait a second!

A "UN" food inspections regime in America? I'd like to see the day. If I go down to my local grocery store and see Hans Blix cruizing the junk food isle, I'm going to go insane! (as if I'm not already there *chuckles to himself*)

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What!!!You haven't heard???
The French and Germans have given the US 72 hours to start selling their food.Or war,its our choice.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I, err... I think I know the decision. IT HAS TO BE WAR! Nobody forces the US to eat French fries, toast, ect...(eventhough they are not French)

The French and Germans will pay! *rubs his hands together evily*

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yep,bring it on snail eaters...

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think I would be okay with mandatory wine and beer quotas. It would be a good excuse to use on the misses.."Its not my idea honey, its the law!! I'll be at Moe's with Hans Blix abiding by the new UN resolution."

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It's a good thing that most people (where I live) find French food discusting, or we might really have a problem.

"The UN has imposed sanctions against America until the agree to sell only French and German food."(say goodbye to deep-fried cheese curds)

new topics

top topics

join