It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Badnarik to crash debates tonight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Even tho i dont support the LP all that much, but as a american i would love to see this. Im officially a republican but my views are between libertarian and republican. Im the type of ameican that loves to see the ppl exercise there freedoms even if its not at teh right time or place.

This is a great way to shake things up. This is what america is all about not this 2 party lesser of the two evil thing we ahve goin now. This is the only way 3rd parties can get recognition cause they have been blacklisted by the media because of there small fanbase. TIs a self perpetuating thing. Without something like this the 3rd party canidates will stay just that 3rd party.

This all goes along with the wasted vote disease thread in the campain 2004 forum.

GO LB PARTY let you voice be heard!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So how is it going so far? Its 8:40pm, and I see nothing on any news channels about Badnarik. Anyone have any updates?

MK

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I see CNN, MSNBC, and FOX filming in and outside, around of the debate hall. I haven't seen any of Badnarik's possy yet.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I was hoping this was legit and that he would stir some things up. Oh well, just another Internet rumor I guess.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Makes you wonder about his other promises, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Bush and Kerry aren't even in yet. I would have thought Badnarik would have come earlier though. We'll see if the media keeps his attempted entry quiet.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Makes you wonder about his other promises, doesn't it?

I dont doubt that he did like I sadi in a previous post I bet none of the media will mention it.

I will post any response from his camp

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Even tho i dont support the LP all that much, but as a american i would love to see this. Im officially a republican but my views are between libertarian and republican. Im the type of ameican that loves to see the ppl exercise there freedoms even if its not at teh right time or place.

This is a great way to shake things up. This is what america is all about not this 2 party lesser of the two evil thing we ahve goin now. This is the only way 3rd parties can get recognition cause they have been blacklisted by the media because of there small fanbase. TIs a self perpetuating thing. Without something like this the 3rd party canidates will stay just that 3rd party.

We should remember it wasn't always the democrats and republicans in this country.
I have much the same view as Quicksilver.
This country needs to be shaken up a bit. If the Libertarians ever knocked one of the parties from their throne, *fingers crossed* the other party would quickly make changes, too, to keep competitive.
It's gotten to the point the the two parties we have are opposite sides of the same coin

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The first report from St. Louis is in - and presidential candidates Michael Badnarik (Libertarian) and David Cobb (Green Party) were just arrested. Badnarik was carrying an Order to Show Cause, which he intended to serve the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). Earlier today, Libertarians attempted to serve these same papers at the Washington, D.C. headquarters of the CPD - but were stopped from approaching the CPD office by security guards.

Fred Collins reported to me from the ground that Badnarik and Cobb are in great physical condition and great spirit.

As soon as more details are available, they will be posted here immediately.

8:51PM CST

I just spoke with Jon Airheart on his cellular telephone. He reports that while he could see no handcuffs, both Badnarik and Cobb had their hands behind their backs, as if they were handcuffed. Airheart also confirms that Badnarik did have the papers to serve the CPD in his jacket pocket.

www.badnarik.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well that could hurt the Libertarians somewhat.

Aanyway I applaued him for doing what he did.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Who controls the CPD? Why were they arressted? Who appoints the people there? I smell a conspiracy/more corruption from republicans.

Damn, as said, Kerry would probably love to have Badnarik, this way he could do what the repubs have been doing, but not illegally.(Repubs support Nader, finacial and other ways...) "Well Badnarik, you say you are a conservative, but aren't owned by the Oil Companies and Haliburton? Please do go on." Election Day.... 49% Kerry, 20% Badnarick, 31% Bush, Supreme Court steps in and Bush stays in power.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
YOu can ALWAYS vote LP candidates on the Local Level..
I do that often..Local politics have a more immediate and sometimes Greater impact on the local population...Plus, you put NAMES and FACES to the Party..

Space

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thats my Boy

badnarik.org...

A little civil disobedince is a good thing

And like I said not a word from the major media.

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
He has been released

I cant wait to see if they mention ANY of this on todays news.

If anyone heres anything please post a link

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Suuuure, they'll have Nader on to talk about why he wasn't included in last nights debates. They'll even give him his 3 minutes to make his point. And the closest anyone comes to mentioning the "B" word is Buchannan.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I scanned all the major news websites this morning and could find no mention of Badnarik & Cobb. Pathetic - even Drudge doesn't show it.

Prop to WorldNetDaily for being the only place I could find info on it...

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
HoonieSkoba, I think this is the link you meant to post.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Two third-party presidential candidates were arrested at the presidential debate in St. Louis when they tried to serve the debate commission with a show cause order.

Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party and David Cobb of the Green Party were protesting their exclusion from the debate between President Bush and Democratic Party nominee John Kerry.

Just as the debate began, the two candidates purposely crossed a police barricade and were arrested.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
My apologies. I was unaware he had filed the neccessary papers.

I still say this is not the right road. There is no freedom of speech violation either, he has no right to attend as the debates are run by the CPD and not the federal government.

Nerdling, the Libertarian party is suing the government specifically becase the CPD is run with assistance from federal funds. This is very similar to the fact that the Republican and Democratic conventions were given huge grants of money from the Federal government. There is Federal pressure being applied to maintain the two party system.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, geez, guys, ya think the CPD is a little biased for the two parties. Take a look at who runs it, I see a few familiar names!

Commission Leadership

Co-Chairmen

Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr.
Paul G. Kirk, Jr.

Honorary Co-Chairmen

Gerald R. Ford
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan
William J. Clinton

Board of Directors

Howard Buffett
Rep. Jennifer Dunn
Antonia Hernandez
Caroline Kennedy
Newton N. Minow
Dorothy Ridings
H. Patrick Swygert

Executive Director

Janet H. Brown

www.debates.org...

[edit on 9-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that his arrest doesn't seem to be getting any major coverage? This is outrageous!
This should be HUGE prime time news!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join