It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
As I listen to the police radio, I think about the fact that some of those officers and other emergency responders may well have had family members, off-duty colleagues or friends at that theater. And even so, they are doing the best they can to deal with this traumatic event in a very professional way.

Mike
edit on 20/7/12 by JustMike because: typo

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
So just one suspect.
Apt in Aurora Colorado.
A car with Tennessee plates.
Asking for a Naval Rep?
14 dead.
50+ injured.

-Folks, just trying to do a recap every few pages so people can get info if they want, not just chatter.

Ddid I miss anything?

link   
reply to post by Glowd33

It takes a certain type of character to do what you have said you would do. I believe you and the reason is because of my own experiences. You never know how your going to react until you are confronted with a type of situation like this though. I haven't been in the exact situation but I have been in a similar one. Everyone reacts different and it took me personally a long minute to get myself in order. With all that said, just saying something like that means a lot and I don't know what you've seen or had to do.

Well evidently I didn't post to OP of your reply. Meant for the other guy but I guess you to Glowd

edit on 20-7-2012 by Slodds because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Glowd33

Granted.........as such I will remove myself from this thread.......warm blood or cold it doesn't matter. No one is really gonna learn anything from this and it will likely be dead news inside of a week and everyone will go on and forget about it.

You might get updates for the trial blah blah it will descend into news obscurity and then when it happens again people will act the same...like it never happened before.

I swear its the attention span of gerbils. I wonder which politician is gonna profit by pushing their public places security bill through the house after this in a knee jerk reaction to public stupidity.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by EyesWideShut

You could also stop them by not selling them guns.

Simply compare the number of gun deaths in countries with strict gun control to those with loose gun control.

I don't need a gun to stop a gunman, because there's no gunmen here, because there's essentially no guns here.

No there are probably no guns in the hands of honest law abiding citizens, criminals have guns. If confronted with violence, you probably have to call the local law enforcement and hope they get there in time to save your life or the life of your loved ones. I on the other hand have the option to self protect. I don't know where you are from & I honestly don't care. I don't jump into threads telling you how your countries laws should work , please refrain from doing so here.

Cordially, EWS

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The police dispatcher just said they are getting calls about incidents that might be related at other theaters.

..interesting.

just asked for englewood police and wanted a private channel to not air it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by JizzyMcButter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Scanner says that people are calling with tips about things happening at other local theaters that they think are related. No other information about what, though. Hope there were no other incidents.

Take care,
Cindi

link   
listening too the live scanner radio feed....sounds like they want too clean up crime scenes before theyve been looked over. now that is weird. also talking about other therators with possible events going on. maybe this is some extremist patriot movement trying too bait the cops out...something is going on they dont want too broadcast
edit on 20-7-2012 by Bigbrothersnightmare because: updated info

link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

Yea I heard that too... Anyone have any details on other instances??

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by MeesterB

Ok look,

Ask yourself one question? Why did not one individual run to the gunfire instead of away from it like a bunch of lemming diving off a cliff?

Im the idiot that runs to the gun fire to protect those who wont. Im stupid that way.

Spoken like someone that's never been shot at. I can locate & close with the best of em', but I have 15+1 on my hip.

I can say that I have and dont agree w/ you. Not all of think we need some sort of protection on us at all times to feel safe. Although I'll admit not having something readily available on you when you are so used to it does take getting used to. My point is, and from how your're speaking you should know; you dont always have time to think things through, but you react, on instinct. A normal persons instict would be to run, as to some it would be to attack the attacker. If I were to be killed by him before I had the chance to make a difference, those few seconds, god forbid if I got to him, very well could have saved a few lives... If not helped prevent if from being as severe as it was.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Glowd33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBRiddle
Shooting occurred at Century Cinema in Aurora, Colorado.

Sad that the opening night for The Dark Knight Rises was ruined.

The dark knight rises, and it will be a dark knight rising to take your guns with new laws leaving you powerless while it really gets down to the business of destroying everything it doesn't like.
You cannot rebuild the world in your image without disarming the people first.
Also the iranian build up, what could be more perfect than an iranian passport in the car, or at the address they will eventually find.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The dispatcher also just said that someone needs to call dispatch about something that she did not want to have going over the air, but that they needed to call. I want to know what that is about.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Time will tell, once they've investigated his apt. and things. I wish people wouldn't jump to the 'false flag' scenario every single time, for all we know the guy was deranged.

And this can happen.

Someone disgruntled with an employee, or an ex lover, or deranged enough to think he had to do something like this to stop the evil in the world - god speaks to him. There is at the moment, any amount of what ifs...

I honestly don't see it being used to take rights away. And as they seem to have caught the guy alive I say wait and see.

For all we know he has a manifesto somewhere.

TIme will tell..

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Listening to the radio scanner and the female said she received tips that were other incidents at other movie theaters and to direct the calls to those districts. But any theaters near the Aurora location to direct the tips to them.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
this thread is off the hook
it fills up faster than I can refresh

time to put it away for a few hours till the gunman starts talking

there's no way in hell he did this with the intent to get away

this guy is making a statement - and as soon as he makes it - we'll all know what it is

And I agree with Kastogere, next week you'll all forget. Just like we've all mostly moved on from the Martin thing.

Its only interesting while its still dramatic.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I just downloaded an police scanner app and it asks you which of the most popular stations you want to join, and the first is Aurora CO with 10,756 listeners

link   
reply to post by mainidh

Agree.

Off to bed now. I will say my prayers, for all the victims, and give my own children a kiss, goodnight, as this World is a crazy place, at times.

God Help us.

Peace.

link   
reply to post by mainidh

Just our luck he turns out to be a conspiracy theorist trying to make statement. Then we are all targets in the eyes of the LEOs.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I love how every foreigner to the U.S. always has to state their opinion on forums like this about how typical it is for something like this to happen here in the U.S. as if it doesn't happen in their own country...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Toulouse and Montauban shootings were a series of three gun attacks targeting French soldiers and Jewish civilians in the cities of Montauban and Toulouse in the Midi-Pyrénées region of France in March 2012.[1][3][4] In total, seven people were killed, and five others were injured, four seriously. The perpetrator was shot and killed after a 30-hour siege with police.

The first attack occurred on 11 March, when a Muslim French paratrooper was shot dead in Toulouse. A second attack on 15 March killed two uniformed soldiers and seriously injured another in a shopping centre in Montauban. On 19 March, four people, including three children, were killed at the Ozar Hatorah Jewish day school.[5][6] Thereafter, the Vigipirate, France's terror alert system, was raised to its highest level in the Midi-Pyrénées region and surrounding departements.[7] The United Nations,[8] many governments around the world,[9] and the French Council of the Muslim Faith condemned the attacks.[10]

This type of stuff happens all around the world....some people just like to deny it....(just one example)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hopefully this thread will keep on topic of the incident and motives etc rather than becoming a 100 page rant about guns, there are probably plenty of threads to debate those already.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join