It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much and in what ways will human consciousness change if Dec 2012 is a no show?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
So for me personally.. i have always been in to conspiracies since i was around 16/17.. 20 years on and my curious brain still sniffs out a good theory.. I remember having cold sweats new years eve 1999.. what with all the hype around Y2K and what not.. that was the big end date back then... now the big end date is Dec 2012..

Now i know many of you take the date with a pinch of salt and others whole wholeheartedly believe we will be visited by aliens or move in to higher states of consciousness of even die as a species..

What i would like to know is if this last conspiracy theory, prophetic date that everything seems to be leaning towards does not manifest will it change the way we think about conspiracy theories..

Me for one would perceive the credibility of conspiracy theories a whole lot less.. not that i think anything is going to happen specifically on this date (the way i would have done in my younger years!) but it would shift my way of thinking away from conspiracies.. how, why? i cant really say.. i just know within myself that it would be finally something i can put to bed.. something i can grow up from.. evolve out of.. because for me.. it is the make or break.. after Dec 2012 if you say the world is going to end in 2015 because some ancient culture predicted it, i won't even think twice about investing my attention to it..

How about you? How will you change post 2012 and how do you think we as a people will change..?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

I feel exactly the same, i feel that if nothing really happens on this date then that will be the end of predictions for me completely. I think that i'm going to be needing scientific proof that it is definitely going to happen and i must admit i doubt anything will happen round the 21st.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
For most people, it won't change anything. Even here on ATS, it seems most people don't think it will be the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What are you people wating for? You decide what happens 2012..are you waiting 4 a wonder? YOU ARE the Wonder..So begins at!!! Begin to be that what you want to be and what you missed. It's all here!
edit on 19-7-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There's NO reason why it would be the end of the world. The date came from the Mayan calender which showed the end of an era, after which a new one begins. The only people that have said the world will end are the kind of people that try to find conspiracy theories in everything and don't care about evidence. What exactly the era signifies I have no idea, but the world won't end. People will be a bit crazy on the 20th/21st, but most won't take it seriously. On the 22nd there will be lot's of people, like me, saying "I told you so". Then everyone will move on until some nut job makes another prediction.
edit on 19-7-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm wondering how many people are going to get arrested, quit their jobs, cheat on their lovers, break various laws, riot, or something like that during the days leading to the 21st. Whatever happens I will not fear it.
edit on 19-7-2012 by PatriotAct because: oops

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I normally take date predictions of doom with a pinch of salt anyway,i keep them in the back of my mind but don't put much stock in them.
The 2012 date though has my interest but not for landing aliens of anything like that,more towards the enlightenment side of things.

will it change the way i think of conspiracies...no not really.

interesting times ahead

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The world may grow up a little bit. Certainly there will be a bunch of professional 'conspiracy researchers' left with egg on their faces. But i suspect they already have their excuses for the no no show ready and waiting.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Honestly, how many here are concerned there will be a day/night kind of change at the stroke of midnight or at some other hour on that particular day? Not many, I expect. That day is already at a special time of year when the holiday season is beginning to peak and minds and moods are in a different state, almost everyone is aware of the date and will perhaps be reflective thinking about their lives, their families, friends, and the state of the world. Probably not much more than that. Maybe time to make a New Years or "new age" resolution to bring something new into their lives to benefit all they are concerned for.

It will be a "special" day for me, only because of the hoopla given it. The 21st occurs on a Friday so I'm sure I will have a little celebration in its honor - woopie, we made it through another end-of-the-world prophesy, then look forward to a new year, a new dream or challenge with a resolve to make plan to have an even better year ahead. I'll kiss my wife and promise to take her on a nice vacation in the coming season, give us something nice to look forward to.

21 December 2012 will be a special date because I will make it one. Why not? Any good excuse to set out on a new year or a new dream ahead. But if something, some big idea or happening occurs leading up to then I won't just put it on the back burner waiting for my "special day" to come up, unless timely to do so. If that happens I may have to think hard how to top it if I can. I want it to be at least a little bit special, but that is up to me to do so. But if the Martians invade us or the global powers declare peace on Earth then wow, something else to make it even more special. Good times ahead, because I say so. It's my life!

edit on 19-7-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just one thing I should mention. I'm tired of people calling the 2012 thing a 'conspiracy theory'.

It isn't a conspiracy theory. The term 'conspiracy theory' implies that there are people behind it with their own ulterior motives.

Here is the definition of the term:

A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You think the date is really that exact date. Its more like a decade following, and I'm not just speaking earth changes, TPTB are amping up cosmic events with their technology. Try 2012-2020.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There will be no paper money, the federal reserve charter is the only thing happening, this winter people will die at an alarming rate because they have no way to buy food or defend themselves. No more paper money and a crash of the "stock market".

People don't really care.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It is the y2k bug all over again. Nothing will happen, but people will continue to believe some other stuff that may or may not happen in 2022! Such is human gullibility.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

We won't ever change. We'll always be on the cusp of some massive disaster ready to wipe out the entire human race. Come December 22nd, we'll all wake up, have a jolly good laugh about it and by February we'll be predicting the 4 horsemen riding again by July 9th. There, see, I've started one already.

Nah, it's human nature. We're terrified of things we can't control. It's why we slaughter so many wild animals with big teeth or horns or other deadly appendages. It's why we believe in a higher power and that. We'll always be scared of the dark and things we don't understand and so we'll always scare ourselves by predicting the end.

This one will pass and be replaced with like 2 more. It's like the Hydra. We get rid of one and two more take it's place. I just hope this one isn't like the apocalyptic comet story that causes people to commit suicide out of fear.

Nothing will change, though.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't believe there will be any change, at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You are on a conspiracy board and not even here anybody believes anything will happen. Its just the media hyping it up.

top topics

join