It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Has anyone here ever experienced 'real' telepathy?

I mean it by sending and recieving informations to/from others, or talking to someone without speaking or body-expressions.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yep, I freak my wife out with it all of the time...

In fact, my wife and I are barred from playing on the same team in many boardgames with our friends, because of this...

It's mostly sporadic though, haven't been able to do it at will, only when really focused (such as a game) or really quiet (like in the car).

The other day, an image just "popped" into my head while driving (she was reading a book I'd never read). I busted out with "Sara friend!" (in Ludo speak from the movie Labyrinth). She looked at me in wonder and said, "How the hell did you know I was picturing him???!!!" Turns out she was reading the book "Eragon" and picturing the monsters attacking the hero as looking like Ludo...

Just freaky....

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My Mom always 'senses' when something is going on with me or my brother. I normally talk to her a few times a day but when something out of the ordinary and upsetting happens I get a phone call from her minutes later where she is in a panic because she had a 'bad feeling' that something was going wrong in my life. She talks to my brother about once a week unless she gets the feeling about him, and when she gets that feeling and calls him, sure enough, something has happened. It's annoying because I can't hide anything from her, but it's fascinating and reassuring as well.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How about doing it in a controlled way? I am interested in that part of telepathy, when someone actually talks with someone else using only their mind.

Did it work out for you?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Did it work out for you?

You should play Pictionary with me and the wife, hehe....

I'll draw a squiggle and she'll get it...

To be honest, it isn't something we've sat down and "tried" to do. On occassion, I've tried to direct it (like when I'm downstairs, and she's upstairs, etc.) but it doesn't work often enough to rule out coincidence... Of course, if she's focused on something else at the time....*shrug*

Perhaps I could test it though... Like concentrate on an item I want her to bring downstairs, and let her know I'll be trying to commune with her...see if she gets it right...???

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There are things, which are hard to tell about telepathy, but it seems to me, that it is very real, and everyone could be capable to do that. In fact, it is not freaky at all, it feels like if you naturally talk with someone, but he/she is not there. You can feel the telepathic contact, as a phone in line, and you can start or recieve calls.

It is why, I am interested in those, who can do that, or did that sometimes...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Recently I've been sorta digging into my telepathy, and secretly trying it on people.
Today at school, I think I got it.
I *blushes* was flirting with this girl in class, and I decided to try it.
You open your mind, its difficult to explain--you let the walls that make you you slide away. It's like you're no longer seperated from the human populous. You have to sorta losoe your individuality for a bit.
It was cool, sorta. I got this flash of myself, and, I learned that my fly had been previously unzipped. See? It really is useful, lol.

Yea, I think the girl got a wierd feeling though, becuase we both suddenly went to crazy flirting to cold, awkward-ness. I don't think she would know what happened--she isn't into the paranormal, or so I think--so maybe it's a natural feeling?

I didn't get a date from it, either.

Has anyone done anything like this?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In the last book I read called 'The Sense of Being Stared At' by Rupert Sheldrake he tried to find reasons for possible telepathic links between people and animals.

In one experiment he got a man to place all 5 of his dogs in a kennel for a few days to test the mind reading abilities of the dog on the owner. So the owner agreed and let Sheldrake put all of his dogs into a large pen. Most of the time the dogs roamed around aimlessly and randomly, however, Sheldrake then called on the owner (who was working at home at the time around 5 miles from his dogs) and told him to think about taking his dogs for a walk. A few moments later the dogs made a semicircle around the entrance to the pen wagging their tails and barking excitedly in anticipation of the walk..........weird

Sheldrake believes that strong emotional bonds like that of a child to a mother can result in a pathway for telepathic transmissions.

he also said that the most common form of telepathy in these days is in telepathic phonecalls. How often have you found yourself thinking about someone then a few minutes later the phone rings and it is them???

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar

There are very unique, unexplaidable things going on around me recently... So far I registered three telepathic transmissions to people, to two women, and a man. I don't know what it was, but I recieved a very violent response, none of them exactly knew what was going on, but they knew that it was coming from me. And I was looking at them like a stupid guy, knowing nothing about it at all.

Now I feel, that I got to the stage of actual telepathic talking (like a phone call), that is why I would like to see anyone who has ever experienced that, because it is really cool !!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Been there, done that. Even though the target isn't telepathic, it's my belief that she likely still "sensed" the intrusion, and connects the intrusion to you on a subconscious level.

A fun experiment with this is to be in a group of people (such as a classroom), and stare intently, while focusing, on the back of someone's head. Ten to one eventually they'll look around nervously, "sensing" the intent observation. If you are truly gifted, they may even turn around and look right at YOU.
This may even be a trait passed down from when we were animals being observed by predators, etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am able to transcieve telepathically. It is as obvious thing, as talking to someone. You can clearly feel a telepathic contact, and the "voice" you hear, is actually yours, not the "sound" of the other partner. The speed, accuracy, and other factors, of course don't belong to you, it is from the sender. E.g: if a girl sends you a telepathic message, you won't hear her voice talking, only yours. You can distinguish between the words you "say" in your mind, or those, the sender says. Simply, you know, that it's not you saying that.

It is fascinating, but it is not my power...

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
but can anyone hear teach how to i want to learn and this is one power i havent had except with my own demons but they dont count. someone please teach me how to

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have had a number of experi3nces with that, when some people are thinking of me I can tell, sometimes I can see a glow, other times I will feel someone standing behind me, or with my mum I can smell her pillows for some reason. It doesnt happen too frequently, but frequent enough for me to be able to recognise the feeling.

The first time something like that happened was when I was about 6, and my brother had gone out to deliver a paper to mums friend just down the road. about 10 mins after he had gone, we heard a very loud disembodies moan, like someone was very frightened (we already ruled out other sources etc) mum started looking out the windows for my brother.. as she recognised that something was wrong, and i clung onto her skirt because I thought the monsters from under the bed were out to get me lol. About 5 mins later my brother got back and he was shaken as he had been trailed by someone in a car who had been trying to get him in there, at the same time as we heard the moan.

Odd things have happened since then, and has made me aware of the things around me.

xx

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
i had an exprience telepathy basically i was siting in class and a girl i knew fairly well was walking by i starting chanting her name in my head and she got about a foot away from me turned around and asked if i had just called her. but yet i had said nothing out loud and only in my head. its an interesting subject none the less

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It has happened to me 2 times. Both times it worked 2 both ways - I was not the only one that experienced it.

The first time was very weird. I cannot go into details here but it astonished both of us- we were close people- friends who spent a LOT of time together. At first I thought the problem was with time- it felt as if the two of us had somehow existed logical time so that I was hearing what he was saying in my mind before his lips ever moved.

It was nothing like what you guys are talking about- it wasn't like intuitiion or a 6th sense- the feeling was more like being present in time but our minds being somehow outside of time and knowing. It was LITERALLY hearing another person's thoughts in each other's heads.

It astonished both of us at first. Then we quit talking at ALL and for 15-20 minutes conversed ONLY telepathically. It stopped and never came back.

Until today. 25 years later? and today it happened with my son. It was not so pronounced on his part- for HIM it was LIKE what you guys describe- a sense of what I was thinking, and intuitive grasp. And I do know what that is like. That's happened to me too. But for me- once again it was like my consciousness expanded very quickly and I was somehow outside of time and knowing and I heard what he was thinking CLEARLY in my own head, like he was a little person in my skull talking to me.

He said "Oh no, mama's fixing to get started up, oh no, this is bad, I need to distract (my friend)" and then I heard him say -audibly- something to distract his friend. And I was amazed, and confounded, and i just started laughing. I had heard him thinking like I normally hear him when he is talking!

And then, what is - to me strange- is that tonight- this old friend from 25 years earlier contacts me! (we no longer talk because of ..another man situation.) And suddenly he said "That was real, wasn't it?" And I thought, doggone, it has haunted him all these years too! Because it was so amazing, it was so....honestly supernatural is the best word I know.....that sometimes I too have wondered if hey, did that REALLY happen?

And if it had not just happened for the second time in all thse years, just earlier today, I might have said I don't really know. But no. It happened.
edit on 27-9-2011 by hadriana because: clarity

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I actually used to have a lot of "telepathic" and precognitive experiences when I was younger, especially in high school. They would always occur when I was in a relaxed and passive state, most often in biology classes, as life sciences were always my favorite subject. The experiences would usually be a spontaneous and specific knowledge of what someone was about to say, for example, I remember once in biology class, our teacher was giving an example of something and decided to choose a random number. I unfortunately don't remember the context, but I remember it was a four digit number, and I somehow knew exactly what it was before she said it.
Another one of these experiences that I clearly remember in an anatomy class. We were playing a Jeopardy type game in which the teacher would read a description of a certain part of the body, and we would slam our hands down on the table and provide an answer. At one point early in the game, she had just barely gotten the first word out (and I remember it was something nonspecific, like "the", or something like that), and I slammed my hand down and blurted out "gray matter." She looked down kind of stunned and said, "that is correct." Those were kind of fun, and I remember there were a few times that I had that spontaneous sense of "knowing" and wished I had blurted it out but didn't.

These kinds of things happened relatively often back then, and obviously, I can't absolutely rule out the possibility of simple coincidence and biased interpretation based on these experiences alone, but the specificity of the information that I would "receive", as well as the consistency of the experiences in terms of my mental state and the feeling of "knowing" would lead me to speculate that the human brain, at the very least, has a much greater capability of accurately extrapolating based on a limited set of information than we currently realize.

Though I was fairly convinced based on my own experiences that telepathic communication was possible, the most direct and convincing experience with telepathy occurred when my five year old cousin was visiting. I had been very interested in these phenomena, and had read somewhere about the hypothesis that telepathy was a natural human capability that faded away or was suppressed as we got older, so when my cousin visited, I decided to do a simple experiment.

We were sitting on my bed, and he was playing Turok on my Nintendo 64 I asked him directly if he could still see what people were thinking, to which he responded, "yeah." So, I thought about a horse, then asked him, "Ok, what am I thinking?" He responded immediately, "You're thinking about horsies. I like horsies." I've never been a horse person, and I'm fairly certain there was nothing around that would have cue the idea of a horse. The most striking thing about this entire interaction was how casual it was, in fact, I don't even think he looked away from the television. He responded as if I'd asked him what he ate for breakfast.

I tried to get him to do it again, but he didn't want to. I think my surprise and shock were probably very apparent, whether or not he could actually sense it telepathically, and this may have made him uncomfortable. I really wish he'd been willing to do it a few more times though with a more organized setup (random numbers, images, etc.).I've actually been meaning to post this experience on ATS and try to arrange an experiment to see if people with young children can get similar results, but I don't have the post count yet to start a new thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone here think that if telepathy is possible and if people with ordinary lives can have these experiences, that it would be logical to assume there is some organization where people have studied and developed ability this 24/7 whom overtime made the general population believe there is only the physical (such as science does, along with denying free will) so they could control the nonphysical communications between individuals? Maybe they would see attempts at telepathy as transgressions or people aspiring to learn telepathy as rivals to their power and order and as such quickly dispose of anyone by sending them thoughts which would make them go insane? I mean, think about it, everyone believes they think their own thoughts, as such no one would notice if something else slipped thoughts in their minds over a longer period of time which would ultimately lead to the asylum.

There is something strange about 'the system', dont you think? Believe in God and telepathic communication with a deceased teacher or angelic beings and few care but speak up about telepathy and risk getting a diagnosis like mentally ill, no one would take you seriously anymore, your civilian rights could be stripped away and if it ever came to forced treatment, any court would choose modern science over the right to choose what to believe in, by law one could become drugged up and/or put into an asylum and very few would care about it. Just saying, not that I have any knowledge of said organization.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
My Mom always 'senses' when something is going on with me or my brother. I normally talk to her a few times a day but when something out of the ordinary and upsetting happens I get a phone call from her minutes later where she is in a panic because she had a 'bad feeling' that something was going wrong in my life. She talks to my brother about once a week unless she gets the feeling about him, and when she gets that feeling and calls him, sure enough, something has happened. It's annoying because I can't hide anything from her, but it's fascinating and reassuring as well.

Jemison

Yep same with my mom. I Can sense things when they go wrong with siblings or even girlfriends.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iridium
Has anyone here ever experienced 'real' telepathy?

I mean it by sending and recieving informations to/from others, or talking to someone without speaking or body-expressions.

Yes, frequently. What is interesting is that telepathy isn't limited to the direct perception of the thoughts of others. There is physical, emotional, mental and other kinds of telepathy. The neti-neti technique, in my opinion, is a good way to develop these latent faculties.
edit on 5-10-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If you're looking for more information on the topics of telepathy, telekinesis, clairvoyance and the like, I recently read a very interesting book by Charles Tart called The End of Materialism. Since reading this book I have tried to pay more attention to things such as telepathy, and have actually noticed some things happening in my life that could be attributed to telepathy. The one thing that has stuck out for me is when I'm around people I'm close to they'll say something and I will think of a response but not vocalize it yet they will ask me if I just said something. Of course, this could be because I am now trying to pay more attention to these things so now I see them happening because it's what I'm looking for.

new topics

top topics

join