It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human corpses are prize in global drive for profits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
LINK> Human corpses are prize in global drive for profits

On Feb. 24, Ukrainian authorities made an alarming discovery: bones and other human tissues crammed into coolers in a grimy white minibus. Investigators grew even more intrigued when they found, amid the body parts, envelopes stuffed with cash and autopsy results written in English. What the security service had disrupted was not the work of a serial killer but part of an international pipeline of ingredients for medical and dental products that are routinely implanted into people around the world.The seized documents suggested that the remains of dead Ukrainians were destined for a factory in Germany belonging to the subsidiary of a U.S. medical products company, Florida-based RTI Biologics.

I believe the sanctity of human life is up for grabs here and people can look at this in a variety of ways, all might hold some truth depending on where you stand. If you are waiting for a cornea or other body part this might be good news but if you are easily appalled by the modern methods of doing things and means people come up with to make a profit you might be horrified. I think this leads or may lead to some pretty dangerous and undesirable possibilities. What do you think?

edit on 17-7-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I just vomited in my mouth

After reading the article and being completely disgusted, a question came to mind...when you get your license and you agree to donate your organs etc. to help others...is their a middle man making a profit from your body parts?

edit on 17-7-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

I just vomited in my mouth

After reading the article and being completely disgusted, a question came to mind...when you get your license and you agree to donate your organs etc. to help others...is their a middle man making a profit from your body parts?

edit on 17-7-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

There are black markets for body parts and I suppose people making a profit all along the line. I expect there will be a day if it is not already here where people are sought out for their blood type and health condition and then turn up missing or murdered for their body part or because some rich fellow wants a suitable liver. There will be viable body part hunters. Shortly there after there will be the reality show. It's just the way we are. Anything for a profit and entertainment.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I don't know what "we" you are referring to.

Those monsters and psychopaths that would do anything for profit or entertainment are them.
There are human beings and then their are the others who constantly try to steer the whole of humanity to their sickness. And at this point it appears THEY'VE won. We on the otherhand maintain with our hearts and integrity intact.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

what do i think?

we need to get stem cell technology to completely eliminate
the probably of nazi origin-organ transplantation tech.

especially when recent advances show that there is no need for fetal cells.

anybody opposing it is automatically suspect IMO

this is just another form of cannibalism
human beings being treated as resources/parts

EDIT also keep in mind that this kind of crap is usually interpol's remit
and any conspiratologist worth his/her salt is aware of the nazi infiltration of that agency
that doesn't seem to be making any kind of dent at all in this matter
or sex-slavery/human traffic either

edit on 17-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If the companies processing the donor organs are making profits then why doesn't a portion of it go to the donor family?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There are chop shops for car and now chop shops for people. As long as money can be made people will do anything. I see a day coming when homeless people and people no one will miss just disappear into thin air. Killed and chopped for spare parts.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

They are using the same procedure to prevent people from selling illegal stuff that they always have. Make it illegal to sell, so that way it stops the trafficking of illegal stuff. Really works, I tell you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Once we can successfully grow organs and tissue this will not be much of a problem any more.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI

I don't know what "we" you are referring to.

Those monsters and psychopaths that would do anything for profit or entertainment are them.
There are human beings and then their are the others who constantly try to steer the whole of humanity to their sickness. And at this point it appears THEY'VE won. We on the otherhand maintain with our hearts and integrity intact.

Well what a coincidence. I don't know what "we" you are referring to either, since the human race is the only one here. Did you miss the part where the cadavers are ending up at a FL biotech company?
edit on 18-7-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
There are chop shops for car and now chop shops for people. As long as money can be made people will do anything. I see a day coming when homeless people and people no one will miss just disappear into thin air. Killed and chopped for spare parts.

I fear your are correct. This planet and the people on it are getting worse not better. There is no reason to hope this will not eventually happen if it hasn't begun already. When compassion, and human dignity are gone, there is little left to work with and prevent it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
this is a pretty messy story. I kind of expect this to happen on occasions. The thing that really worries me though, is the fact its on an international scale. Its hard enough to bust the head figure commiting this tish, let alone the worlds head figures.
Someone earlier metioned stem cells, hows that comin along in australia?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nothing new here. Anytime money is involved, surely the industry is bound to be exploited by humans.

However the medical industry would not have made huge progress if it wouldn't have been for the dead bodies of other humans available for the medical students. There are several countries exporting entire bodies or parts as needed or based on demand.

Though the article and the image is from around 2007, it just gives a general idea about the pricing and what it could be now due to shortage and ofcourse inflation

India has long been the world's primary source of bones used in medical study, renowned for producing specimens scrubbed to a pristine white patina and fitted with high-quality connecting hardware. In 1985, however, the Indian government outlawed the export of human remains, and the global supply of skeletons collapsed. Western countries turned to China and Eastern Europe, but those regions produce relatively few skeletons. They have little experience producing display-quality specimens, and their products are regarded as inferior.

News_Link
edit on 18-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit paragraph

edit on 18-7-2012 by hp1229 because: add image

edit on 18-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by hp1229 because: image and paragraph formatting

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Somewhere on ATS a drug abuser is reading this article and thinking how much crack his ulna will get him.

But seriously....

This is disgusting to think about those on the front lines.... stripping corpses like they would a junked car, grabbing all the "useful" parts. I would wager not every corpse was an organ donor. To say the least.

Just like politics, justice, law enforcement, incarceration, all forms of insurance, and health care / medical / drug industry....

This should NOT be FOR-PROFIT!!! The moment when any of the above become "For-Profit' enterprises, is the same moment when that field becomes in-ethical and immoral.

top topics

join