It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist terrorists are as bad as any other religious extremist

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpookyVince

Khmer, Mao, Stalin or others have not at all prevented their people to have religions. Again their killings were on other motivations. (not saying they were good motivations either...)

Besides, as said above, atheism is not a "religion that is the belief in no god". Religion is a dogma and a cult. Atheism has no dogma and no cult. It is a state of being, of thinking.

Preventing people to have no religion is a part of "State Atheism". Remove religion from the society then what is left to control the people ? Its the government the state... Just as religions have extremists Atheists have communists and other extremists too.
Many atheists can be dogmatic, that what they say is the absolute truth, many act as if atheists are the most moral people on the earth and every religious person is sh!t etc..
www.ted.com...
edit on 17-10-2015 by DaedricPrince because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2015 by DaedricPrince because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DaedricPrince

Remove religion from the society then what is left to control the people ? Its the government the state...

You make it sound like "religion vs government", but religion says the powers that be are ordained by God and to follow the laws of the land and to resist would mean damnation:

Romans 13:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

(This is irrelevant to the point I'm making but I'll say it anyway: my personal belief is that the government is not perfect but that it's not completely corrupted either, and that's human nature.)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaedricPrince
Many atheists can be dogmatic, that what they say is the absolute truth, many act as if atheists are the most moral people on the earth and every religious person is sh!t etc..

I hear this claim quite a bit, but almost never see an atheist quoting dogma or claiming their view is absolute truth. Do you have any quotes of an atheist doing this on ATS recently? Most atheists I've seen on here merely defend science and education from attacks by the religious fundies. I've never seen one say that their view is unwavering truth, as religious extremists do. I see them defend science & evolution and they readily admit they do not know the answer to to the ultimate question as to the cause of the big bang. This is the exact opposite of what the other side does despite having the same exact knowledge and information available. One side chooses to fight science tooth and nail, while the other understands it.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

<< 21  22  23   >>

join