It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Democrats Make New Threat: We Will Throw The Nation Off A Cliff !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That fiscal cliff is approaching at the start of 2013. Failure to extend the Bush tax

rates could send the nation back into recession. Obamas current plan to raise taxes

only on the rich. If that was passed then the revenue from the rich would only be about

$80 Billion. That won't work. The deficit is over $ 1 Trillion. The democrats will need to

raise taxes on the rich, the middle class & the poor.

The best solution to accomplish this is the VAT seen in Europe.

Bad idea.

Read the whole story here:

- Liberals Gone Wild - VAT tax or bust ! -

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Idiot republican makes new sensationalist claims!"

Better thread title.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
"Idiot republican makes new sensationalist claims!"

Better thread title.

Read the article.

Why threaten to throw the nation off a cliff in July 2012?

It doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Lets all record this in granite and post it in Neon for everyone to refer to for years to come. Every single time a Democrat says they ARE NEVER about higher taxes or raising the burden on people to cover their play time, the statements being made right now and highlighted in this article should be there to put lie to the words.

Both sides may very well be just about equally bad for fiscal management but only one of the two sides has never met a Tax they weren't willing to gve a big warm hug to and sponsor right to the bitter end.

There isn't much left to tax before they are directly to blame for people lacking the most basic items in life...and I mean the WORKING people, not the ones on Uncle's Freebie Express. They're taken care of, of course.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Lets all record this in granite and post it in Neon for everyone to refer to for years to come. Every single time a Democrat says they ARE NEVER about higher taxes or raising the burden on people to cover their play time, the statements being made right now and highlighted in this article should be there to put lie to the words.

Both sides may very well be just about equally bad for fiscal management but only one of the two sides has never met a Tax they weren't willing to gve a big warm hug to and sponsor right to the bitter end.

There isn't much left to tax before they are directly to blame for people lacking the most basic items in life...and I mean the WORKING people, not the ones on Uncle's Freebie Express. They're taken care of, of course.

Does it seem to you that the liberals are just copying the European system?

ObamaCare = 2 Tier Healthcare system in Great Britain.

Bring over the VAT tax to solve our $$$ trillion deficits.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Perhaps the saddest part is that they will raise $80bln in revenue and then piss it all away like they never even had it.

Fox news story on Democrats... probably a bit sensationalized.
-sigh- Everyone in the government needs to be replaced.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Next time read the article you post. Nowhere in it does Obama or the democrats make this threat. It's just another FOX whinefest about taxing the wealthy. You know it's ok that some broker on wall street that is actively wrecking our economy pays less in taxes than a soldier in combat defending his nation pays.

It wouldn't hurt next time to use the real title instead of making up a lie as the title.
edit on 16-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Perhaps the saddest part is that they will raise $80bln in revenue and then piss it all away like they never even had it.

Fox news story on Democrats... probably a bit sensationalized.
-sigh- Everyone in the government needs to be replaced.

They will take that $80 Billion and give us Solyndra 2.0 , 3.0..............55.0

Taxing the rich never works. There aren't enough of them.

Tax the rich always transforms itself into - tax everyone -. -- VAT tax --

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
nvm, why do I even try

edit on 16-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

link   
let them....we would come back stronger without them after the fallout.

Look to Iceland....more than half its debt paid off already....no interest rates on a documented and known fraud for them.

We need to take after them....would you pay a criminal in jail for interest on a fraud he committed?

Hi, I know you committed fraud Mr. criminal....how do you want me to pay you interest on the fraud you committed on me? Is cash OK, or do you prefer my first born? How about a leg in good working order?

link   

I swear they are out to let Obama lose the election !!!

The last thing people want to hear nowadays is Tax Increases !!!

The Democrats have really been pissing raining on people !!!

Time for a new umbrella ...........

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The Bush tax cuts are the largest single-policy contributor to the deficit and have created ZERO jobs

So it makes a lot of sense to get rid of them. And it's not the only deficit cutting measure the Dems propose, so it's a bit silly of you to pretend that's the case...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Next time read the article you post. Nowhere in it does Obama or the democrats make this threat. It's just another FOX whinefest about taxing the wealthy. You know it's ok that some broker on wall street that is actively wrecking our economy pays less in taxes than a soldier in combat defending his nation pays.

It wouldn't hurt next time to use the real title instead of making up a lie as the title.
edit on 16-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

I just like that photo of dingbat Nancy Pelosi.

----------
BTW, if you actually read the article it's obvious what the liberals are up to.

Threaten to push the nation off a - fiscal cliff - in order to get their coveted VAT tax.

--------
I just question the timing. It's all wrong to throw this threat out there in July 2012.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just imagine the headlines......
America downgraded to junk status under the first black president.
First Black President Clueless to economy
America has fallen and can't get up under first Black Prsident.
First Black President - Failure
I guess the Dems can throw the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT under the bus and say its just a speed bump.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Its endless comedy.

Republicans and democrats are like 2 people falling to their deaths arguing about who's fault it was they left the parachute on the plane.

There is nothing either can realistically do to stop the outcome.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

The Bush tax cuts are the largest single-policy contributor to the deficit and have created ZERO jobs

So it makes a lot of sense to get rid of them. And it's not the only deficit cutting measure the Dems propose, so it's a bit silly of you to pretend that's the case...

Zero jobs???

Didn't Obama brag about 80,000 jobs last week???
---------

We have positive GDP growth and weak job numbers. We can do a lot better.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Does it seem to you that the liberals are just copying the European system?

ObamaCare = 2 Tier Healthcare system in Great Britain.

Bring over the VAT tax to solve our $$$ trillion deficits.

Indeed.. I don't argue that a bit. I'd mentioned this thread to my brother in-law who's done his time and been around the world to see some of this in person and he agrees as well. It's not being said yet. At least I didn't see the dreaded V A T letters, as such, but we all know what they want to end with. VAT lets tax rates climb or fall...or whatever they like in as much shadow as needed for people to miss the fact it happens.

The fact Europe is on the even of total collapse in all but Germany ..and maybe France...should be screaming warnings that American solutions we devise all by ourselves are needed and copying Europe for what they are trying to leave and get rid of themselves, is insanity on steroids, IMO.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Zero jobs???

Didn't Obama brag about 80,000 jobs last week???
---------

We have positive GDP growth and weak job numbers. We can do a lot better.

Count how many jobs have been created since those tax cuts came into effect...the figure is NEGATIVE

Trickle down economics is a myth that clearly doesn't work...mostly because NOTHING trickles down. The income of the top 1% grew by 425% over the past 25 years...those of the rest by only 17% (not per year...IN TOTAL!!!). So clearly trickle down economics don't work

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
Just imagine the headlines......
America downgraded to junk status under the first black president.
First Black President Clueless to economy
America has fallen and can't get up under first Black Prsident.
First Black President - Failure
I guess the Dems can throw the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT under the bus and say its just a speed bump.

What does any of that have to do with him being black? Racist much?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I swear they are out to let Obama lose the election !!!

The last thing people want to hear nowadays is Tax Increases !!!

The Democrats have really been pissing raining on people !!!

Time for a new umbrella ...........

Yes, the democrats have turned on Obama.

They threaten the fiscal cliff scenario in July 2012 and James Carville screams to

the press that the middle class has been - Hit by a Truck - !!!

<<   2 >>

join