It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalize Marijuana?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I haven't found a thread on ATS/BTS discussing the legalization of marijuana--there may be one I just haven't found it yet. Personally, I would like to see it legalized. As I see it, the only reason it is still illegal is that we haven't yet found a way to monitor its usage like alcohol--breathalysers. Anyway, where do you all stand?

By the way, I'm new here; this is my first new topic. If this is not the correct forum for this discussion I apologize.

[Edited on 10/8/04 by diefaster]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure about legalizing the stuff that gets you high but I can really get on board with legalizing industrial hemp! The fact that it remains demonized is nothing but rhetoric from Southern Cotton growing states and companies like Dupont who stand to lose big from the many superior products which it would yeild. Its because of this that Appalachia remains mostly inpoverished. The Souther Baptist Association has a big hold throughout the region and they make sure anytime anyone starts talking about indutrial hemp, its lumped in with marijuana. The fact is, industrial hemp contains little to no THC and has a wide variety of uses.

www.votehemp.com...

"Hemp is the world's premier renewable resource for food, fiber and energy. The 10 year old global hemp market is a thriving commercial success. Unfortunately, due to outdated attitudes and drug-war paranoia in Washington, the U.S. is the only major industrialized nation to prohibit the growing and processing of hemp. Since Jamestown and up to 1937, American farmers cultivated industrial hemp without restrictions. Now a large, well-educated cross-section of citizens is demanding that this right be restored. "

www.thehia.org...

www.naihc.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I think it should be legalized.
Reasons: tax it and get millions/billions not spend it.
It will cut down on crime-people will go to store to buy it-not local drug dealer. I don't see it as the "gateway drug people make it out to be.
IMO-cig's and booze are the "gateway" drugs of choice.
You can put same laws-more or less as booze.

new topics

top topics

join