It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things Happy People Do Differently

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Happy people universally have common denominators. While their lives are different from one another, different experiences, cultures, views, etc. They share qualities. After all, when it comes down to it, isn't that what life is all about? Happiness? Anyways enjoy the list and please try and apply what you like to your daily life. It is important to note that i'm personally not a religious person i'm a spiritual one. you'll know what I mean when you see 11.

Increase flow experiences. – Flow is a state in which it feels like time stands still. It’s when you’re so focused on what you’re doing that you become one with the task. Action and awareness are merged. You’re not hungry, sleepy, or emotional. You’re just completely engaged in the activity that you’re doing. Nothing is distracting you or competing for your focus.

Flow is SO important. Their is no piece of mind to those who dwell in the past or future. Learn from past, and dream of future? sure. Dwell? Not good in my opinon. Link here-www.marcandangel.com...

All the best

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Great article. And such simple things. We all know how to be happy, it's a matter of deciding we're worth it.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Nice post Pandax, and yea it seems so simple when reading it, but I can think about all the people I know, and some seem disconnected from many of these principles.

I like this one:

Practice acts of kindness. – Performing an act of kindness releases serotonin in your brain. (Serotonin is a substance that has TREMENDOUS health benefits, including making us feel more blissful.) Selflessly helping someone is a super powerful way to feel good inside. What’s even cooler about this kindness kick is that not only will you feel better, but so will people watching the act of kindness. How extraordinary is that? Bystanders will be blessed with a release of serotonin just by watching what’s going on. A side note is that the job of most anti-depressants is to release more serotonin. Move over Pfizer, kindness is kicking ass and taking names.

I also think exposing oneself to too much information can chase away happiness. It is a strange thing that our curiosity in todays world can draw us right into the deep end and not let us go at times. I think it is important to be aware of what we feed our minds as well as body.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
How can I become happy?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nice list and all...but define happiness. I understand joy. Joy happens only in moments, most people take it for granted (as covered in the article) but what is happiness really?
S&F anyway, because these are still excellent rules to live by.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

but what is happiness really?

Maybe at the very least it is the absence of misery? I would define it as a state of mind or action that brings a smile to one's or another's face.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Random acts of kindness can do amazing things. It could be something as simple as holding a door open for someone who has their hands full, mowing an elderly neighbor's yard, or even paying for a perfect stranger's cup of coffee. Heck, a smile is enough to make someone's day.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

"Everyone smiles in the same language." 

new topics

top topics

join