It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s D-Day for Ron Paul’s 2012 Insurgency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Paul is on the cusp of winning enough support to secure a 15-minute speaking slot and to have his name placed on the ballot of official candidates for the nomination at the Republican National Convention in August. Mainstream Republicans would blanch at such a prospect, given that Paul’s views on the Federal Reserve, currency, foreign policy and America’s global military presence run antithetical to Republican orthodoxy. Republican Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman, a supporter of Mitt Romney, has been making phone calls and organizing delegate support for Romney to block Paul’s supporters at the state convention.
It’s D-Day for Ron Paul’s 2012 InsurgencyInsurgency: the quality or state of being insurgent; specifically : a condition of revolt against a government that is less than an organized revolution and that is not recognized as belligerency Personally I'm not interested in the delegate count. I find the whole process, the whole of politics in general to be a sham. Just my opinion, and nobody has to subscribe to my own ideals.What I have more of an issue with is the title headline, and it's negative condentation in regards to Pauls political ideals. Sure it's just one headline, but we've seen this over and over again with the Paul campaign in relation to the MSM.We can argue that Romney and Obama also get negative press as well, and this is true. But nobody is calling their campaigns an insurgency either. The MSM and opposing campaigns have no real personal ammunition to use against Paul. So they use back handed negative comments in MSM articles to demonize and diminish his political positions.It's just something I noticed over time.
edit on 14-7-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is all Paul ever wanted or expected: A speaking slot at the convention, and a foothold for his future party.

I like Paul a lot.His ideas are incredibly refreshing to hear in the mainstream. But those of his fans who think he ever had any realistic expectations of winning the nomination are living in a fantasy world.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You are just parroting media talking heads by saying all he ever wanted was having to give a speech

Sure, spreading the message was always part of his campaign
but the first time a media head asked him about having to give a speech he showed only dissinterest saying "ya that could be nice....assuming they don't edit my speech..**shoulder shrug**"

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

You are just parroting media talking heads by saying all he ever wanted was having to give a speech

Well, I dont see you providing much input to counter that claim, and all evidence points to it being true, so...

All Paul ever wanted or expected was a speaking slot. That's not a criticism of Paul. It means I think he is rational and practical. The problem is that many of his internet fans dont understand politics at all and think he actually had a chance to win.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ron Paul will get his 15 mins at the convention, but I could care less. We need him to be on the ballot against Obama.

But considering this will be a Romney-Obama ticket there is only one thing to say:

We are screwed!

Bend over and grab your ankles..Robomney will be the death of what's left of America.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Ron Paul will get his 15 mins at the convention, but I could care less. We need him to be on the ballot against Obama.

Do you think Paul himself ever actually believed he would be on the ticket?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

RP is no dummy. He knew that it was a long shot.

I like to think that he ran because he knows that the people are waking up and if there was ever a chance to break through the current political paradigm it was now.

He knows it's better to lose the battle than to have never fought at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

RP is no dummy. He knew that it was a long shot.

So, was Paul just parroting what the media pundits were saying? ;-)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Romney is dealing with some potentially damaging issues right now so I wouldn't write Ron Paul off just yet. Does anyone know what is going on at the convention right now? I am not finding it online or on tv anywhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No, RP does want to win the presidency but I am saying that he knows it would be a tough fight.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Paul supporters got two of the 35 delegates needed.

BREAKING: Paul supporters fail to round up enough delegates

Better luck next time.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I saw an article a few hours ago that said the Ron Paul supporters were not allowed into the GOP convention but the article disappeared. It's no wonder he didn't get hardly an electorate votes!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Nebraska held the final state GOP convention on Saturday July 14th which, little does the public realize, has sealed America's fate. In order for Doctor Paul to be formally nominated at the national convention in Tampa he needs a "plurality of the delegates from each of 5 or more states" which according to the GOP is now impossible. This is the final nail in the coffin of the Liberty Movement's political arm. Ron Paul's courageous attempt to restore the principles of our founders and thereby right this sinking ship is now over. We must face this reality. Perhaps the lesson here is that one should never underestimate mankind's willful ignorance, vulnerabilities to long-term generational media brainwashing, and sheer lack of intelligence even when the future of humanity hangs in the balance.

Come November the public will participate in a staged, meaningless, and largely ceremonial election. Some know it, most don't. To this day, finding any true Mitt Romney supporters besides those linked to Bain Capital remains a difficult task. Of course this baffles those with true convictions and an understanding of the reality we live in today. Ron Paul offered voters a way out of the madness, a way out of the nightmare that's been brewing for a long time, the opportunity to take the country back from destructive forces and their special interests. Yet, it seems, the people have spoken and so the empire will continue to be the policeman of the world, will continue to move towards an all out police state and it will certainly head towards total financial and societal collapse. Martial Law draws closer but as the saying goes, "Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul!"

...article continues at www.martiallawusa.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I think he duped a lot of people but who am I kidding?

Saint Ronnie's fans are still claiming that he can win,despite the fact that Romney is the Republican candidate.

top topics

join