It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all this "Best Air Force" Posting?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Since when was the debates in the Aircraft Forums centered upon "Who has the best air force" or "Who's air force is better than who's" I thought the Aircraft forum was for projects, aircraft conspiracies, and aircraft information.

The fact that it's now being used as a compare and contrast to air forces world-wide is getting me ticked off. I've seen threads on the United States Air Force, Indian Air Force, Polish Airforce, Turkish Air Force, Pakistan Air Force... my god people let it go.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think the RAAF does a fine job, and their uniforms are cleanest.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
The fact that it's now being used as a compare and contrast to air forces world-wide is getting me ticked off. I've seen threads on the United States Air Force, Indian Air Force, Polish Airforce, Turkish Air Force, Pakistan Air Force... my god people let it go.

Not that I frequently particiapte in that forum at all...but to me, it seems only logical to question these things...

Many air forces have similar, if not the same aircraft - why not question who's men fly them the best?

A plane is not a plane without its pilot....

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think some people are just curious about how these forces would match up. Thats really what they are designed for. Sometimes those threads can get into some very interesting stuff. Instead of saying which is the most powerful they should ask why is it the most powerful.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think some people are just curious about how these forces would match up. Thats really what they are designed for.

Who'd win between the US and Russian airforces... the odds are we'll never find out so people discuss it because we are a curious species

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You can't accurately compare them anyway... what's the point. Someone's always got a secret. Comparing Air Forces is like comparing your your left speaker to your right.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
We actually do have a policy on such threads, we're just not that strict. Over the last few weeks I've moved several of such threads to the chit chat forum...

We have the same policy in the Weaponry forum, but some of such threads turn into very good, popular discussions: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
LOL..I was wondering that same thing, along with what's with all those "best "weapons" etc...

new topics

top topics

join