It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's TOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ok here are some pictures I have found about Iran�s Tofan missiles which are the copy version of TOW I and II.

As far as i can see, Tufan is not a %100 copy of the Tow 1. Tow 1 is 18 kg Tow2B is 21. This is 19,1kg and has 100m longer effective range.

Iranian military designs the newer versions ( Tofan 3 & 4 )to have inter-changeable guidance systems(both Laser and Wire-Guided), for the simple reason that laser jamming systems will probably become common place on the modern battlefield sometime in the next decade or so.

www.iranexporters.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Where did they steal this Technology from hmm ?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well Kenshin if you want to know were the technology came from find out who originally made the TOW, to save you some trouble I'm pretty sure its the USA. But I can see that this could be a nice weapon for Iran. I like the interchangable guidence system idea. No offense but I'm slightly skeptical about whether or not Iran is actually producing these. Was it just me or weren't TOW's vehicle or helicopter mounted?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Was it just me or weren't TOW's vehicle or helicopter mounted?

TOWs can be mounted on the helicopters, vehicles, boats, or as you can see on the pictures I have posted from ground.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Didn't the U.S.A. give them similar technology to this when they were at war with Russia?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Why is it that people in the first picture posted on top of this thread are wearing blue sleepers? Can anybody out there help me?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
um ... think it might have something to do with keeping the nice clean floors ... spotless .. .. ....

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshin
um ... think it might have something to do with keeping the nice clean floors ... spotless .. .. ....

Ha ha very funny, but seriousely why? I am sure they are not trying to not infect the Tofans, or are they?
Please I have to know?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Woooooaaaaaa!!!!! Are they pictures from the "one stop Iranian Weapons shop"? looks like a pick and mix of dangerous sweeties!

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
"one stop Iranian Weapons shop" ... Sounds like a good name for a super-market chain

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
Why is it that people in the first picture posted on top of this thread are wearing blue sleepers? Can anybody out there help me?

The blue medical sytle shoe covers keep dust and dirt from accumulating on the ground.

Dust, durt and static electricity are all the death-markers of any sophisticated production program(computers, missiles, optics, etc.).

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghoztface
Didn't the U.S.A. give them similar technology to this when they were at war with Russia?

we were not at war with Russia

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My friend was trained in anti-tank weapons in the Marines and he did not like the TOW shoulder fired weapons. A tank can see the flash one of those makes and put a round on target while you are still controlling it.

He said the fire and forget weapons like the Javelin were much better.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghoztface

You know I don't think that Russia/U.S.S.R. has ever been at war with Iran, as Persian said. I'm assuming you mean Iraq, but by then I think we had already had diplomatic problems with Iran. Could you please explain what you mean. As ShadowXIX said fire and forget weapons are a lot safer than TOWs. As for those blue medical style shoes I don't see the point. In theory a TOW in the front lines is going to have to endure a lot of dust and dirt, protecting them while showing them off is kind of giving the wrong image.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
My friend was trained in anti-tank weapons in the Marines and he did not like the TOW shoulder fired weapons. A tank can see the flash one of those makes and put a round on target while you are still controlling it.

Your friend is right. But this only when tank and the soldier firing the TOW are face to face.

You know I don't think that Russia/U.S.S.R. has ever been at war with Iran, as Persian said. I'm assuming you mean Iraq,

Actually, Afghanistan was in war with Russia and your government among with privet investors like (Osama Bin Ladan) were helping afghans.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I don't see the point. In theory a TOW in the front lines is going to have to endure a lot of dust and dirt, protecting them while showing them off is kind of giving the wrong image.

As you can see here, missiles are not complete and they are open, so dust and electrical static can harm the electrical component of the missile but in front line they are complete and so dust can�t get in.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Well yes and no.

Any fire and forget missile tends to be (rather) easy to jam with flares (IR guidance) foils (radar) water (IR) air bags (signature).
The human eye is harder to trick and a missile with wire guidance is not easy to get rid of.
But as you know a tank doesn't need to get rid of the wire guided missile itself, just kill the operator. The solution to this is to have the operator sitting protected a distance away from the launcher with a screen and live feed from a camera. This would give the wire missiles a distinct advantage over the fire and forget ones. At least in my humble opinion

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Fire & forget weapons are much safer, giving the person who fires the projectile time to escape before the tank fire one last round and blows him to pieces

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clownface
The solution to this is to have the operator sitting protected a distance away from the launcher with a screen and live feed from a camera.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Where did they get the design from ???

Go here; www.abovetopsecret.com...

and read # 10 The Iran/Contra affair.You'll see they got them from Ronald Reagan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join