It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storms going the wrong way!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We are supposed to have a storm move in sometime tomorrow. Looking out my window to the North/East, I see a storm moving in. Lightning, thunder and the smell of rain is fast approaching. Awesome, this means it's gonna cool down a little finally.

I went to Wunderground to see how big this storm is. To my amazement, It shows a storm coming from the South/West? WTF over?

Here's a link to the radar.
www.wunderground.com... nterx=400¢ery=240&prevzoom=zoom&num=10&delay=15&scale=1&showlabels=1&smooth=0&noclutter=0&showstorms=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=0

Here's a couple of pics pointing North/East where the storm is coming from.

This one is due East.

And this is South.

How in the heck can the radar say this storm is coming from the West, when it's coming from the North/East? Radars can be wrong?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah... Last weekend, Springfield Missouri was plastered by a storm that came out of the East heading Due west with 60-70mph WEST winds on a sustained straight line.

Of course....people have said we're imagining all this as anything new..and really, it's always been happening.

Welcome to the collective hallucination I guess. I wish I could say I like being here.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'd also like to add, when storms come from the North, 99% of the time they're VERY severe. Typically to the South of us.

So if you're South of the Peoria area, watch out, this might be a big one!

Side note.... WERE FINALLY GONNA GET RAIN!!!!! Thank you Jesus.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

So..... the still pics show exactly what movement and direction?
How do you spell "uuhh"?

edit on 13-7-2012 by TheNamesZeppelin because: this -n- that

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Radar picks up rainfall (or snow or hail) - nothing more. It's also slightly delayed

I'm guessing that the radar is showing one storm, and that you are seeing a different storm - which may be electrified but not necessarily yet producing rain - that is just developing and has not yet been picked up on the radar.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The last time rain/storms were predicted for my area, We saw it pass by about a mile or so away. We could hear/see the lightning and it also smelled like rain....we didn't even get a drop. that was 2 week-ends ago and now Rain was announced for Sunday and the closer we get to the day, the less chances they(weather network) give....everything is so dry here its not even funny. I never thought I'd say this in July but I WANT RAIN AND LOTS OF IT (obviousy not too much cause we'll go from drought to flood in no time). Normally it comes from where they pointed on the weather network though.

My back yard is dirt now, the grass went from green (Apr-May-June) to yellow(endJune early July) now to sand

we cant even walk barefoot because we get "stabbed" by grass (hay lol) under our feet.

Got a nice tan though! I guess that's one good thing. I'll bet anything that when I go on vacation in 3 weeks, that is when we'll get tons of rain

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNamesZeppelin

First pic is North. Showing the storm front headed towards me.

The second pic is due East. Showing my flag blowing South.

Third pic is South. Showing the storm front moving away.

It's just now starting to rain. My thermometer was showing 102.3 degrees a half hour ago. Now it's showing 80.6.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We had a storm move through East Tennessee last week (July 5, 2012) that came in from the North/East. The winds were very severe, 2 people died in the Great Smoky Mountains from downed trees.

This type of storm movement is unusual for our area, but it seems to be happening more often. I'll never forget many years ago (probably about 10+) my husband & I watched the Weather Channel in amazement as a ball like storm cell moved in a straight like from Ohio, through Kentucky, into Tennessee. I really wish I had tried to video tape the tv & document it. It was crazy.

OiO

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have lived in this city all my life and have worked mostly outdoors so I observe and watch without a doubt the sky every day.

We reside in Southern Ontario not too far from Detroit Michigan.
About 7 years ago we started noticing that our regular boomers were not approaching from their normal direction and that used to be from the SW without fail, except for the rare North Easter and that was maybe once a year.

It was so simple then, watch the radar and close all the windows facing the SW.
Not now I tell you, I cannot recall the last time we went to bed without strapping down our umbrella and it is anchored in a cement stand here.

The wind and storms are arriving from all directions and I do mean all........
This is not a rarity but the norm now, when we get a storm we have to close all windows tight no matter what direction they face.

Almost every time now after a storm rumbles through here our windows are wet top to bottom and we have a good sized soffit for an overhang..

Right now here they are saying breezy with south winds and hot, they got the hot part right but about every 20 minutes or so it swings to a violent North wind if only for a few minutes but it does just that.

To the OP S&F
Keep looking up folks

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

There did appear to be clouds to your East around the specified time according to doppler radar using the "Radar And Clouds" button at The Weather Channel link below.

www.weather.com...

edit on 7/13/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Your radar shows everything moving East too.

It didn't rain much, but there's lots-O-lightning!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hi Kawrider9,
Here in my area of lower MI. that happens quite often. The radar always shows the weather coming from the west over lake Michigan, but in this particular area it often does a small swirl bringing the wind in from the east.
(A small enough area that you don't always see it on the doppler). Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I noticed that too today on the radar. The storms are coming in from the ocean which is the east here in south carolina. Normally the storms come from the west unless its a hurricane. Looks like some funky weather for sure. Ive been stuck in bad rain and lightning all week, sunny at the moment and hot/humid. That is rare , I watch the weather channel all the time..
edit on 13-7-2012 by avatard because: GO RON PAUL.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hi, storm fans?

I would say that the "comming from" of a storm changes, according
to where you are: north? south? east? west? of the "depression",
or "low pressure" center. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Low and High pressure systems rotate in separate directions. Even land storms tend to rotate such as a hurricane would. Also with the jet stream being more north than usual this is also probably effecting the movement of the storms. I have noticed over the last few years more storms that look almost hurricane like in nature on the radars over land. I hope we get some rain here or the crops will be lost. We are in a dire situation here where I live.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Are you sure you weren't just over at Carrigan's pub and had a few?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The storm front is probably just rotating, more likely moving in a spiral time motion.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Are you sure you weren't just over at Carrigan's pub and had a few?

HAHA! I did go across the street for dinner and drinks for my buddies birthday last night. Did get kinda hammered... Saturday morning = "hung over"...

However, I was sober when the storm came through.

Raining like a mofo right now. The corn and garden is loving this! Today is the first time in over a month that I haven't had to water the garden and plants.
It's also 72 degrees right now. It's humid as hell though.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you live near the Great Lakes this is a normal occurance. With the difference of temp of the lakes, land, and air the storms form from all angles, lake effect. Check out the radar over Michigan now and then and the storms will sit there and spin around for a couple days.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I hear you about Saturday = hang over lol I gotta go cut the lawn but hope we get some rain!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join