It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 happy thoughts for troubled times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Changing the world starts with changing yourself. There is only one proper way to lead in life and that is by example. Be the lantern in the darkness. seek self improvement. Choose to be positive. Choose to cultivate positive things in life. You steer your life, you're the captain of your soul. Enjoy the link and try to apply it to your life, and therefor indirectly other lives. All the best

www.marcandangel.com...

Down days are completely normal, and not something you should feel guilty about having. Happiness is never constant. Surrendering to your sadness, or whatever negative emotion is trying to come to the surface, does not make you a bad person. But remember, if you aren’t sincerely thankful for every smile, don’t be totally shocked by every tear. Keep things in perspective. Read Happiness Is a Serious Problem.
When you are at your lowest point, you are open to the greatest positive change. Happiness is not the absence of problems, but the strength to deal with them. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do; it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t do.

edit on 13-7-2012 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When I'm feeling down, I like to think at the frustration a t-rex has when he wants to "touch himself"...

it's both funny and makes you think about how lucky you really are to be able to do it yourself...

edit on 12/7/13 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have been observing our behavior over some time now and it seems obvious that e.g. “altruistic threads” here are not generating nearly as much traffic and lively discussions as controversial threads, especially when there is an opportunity to put someone “down” to show them their “stupidity” and their “mistakes” or to make notorious remarks.

I think it is a fact that a certain level of awareness can not grasp anything that needs further consciousness. It might also be the case, that humans have a tendency to mimic and copy (more than they notice themselves) and don’t like to engage their independent judgments since that might lead to isolation and difficulty.

I’m answering two threads at once here, I think they are somehow connected.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for bringing up warmhearted and enlightening subjects.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Tell me me about this isolation and difficulty.
Like what is to be expected of one in those time

top topics

join