It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Revolts?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I agree with much of what you suggest. I also believe that Humans are not capable of controlling large systems, whether they are social groups or economic.

I believe we need to go back to far smaller government, regional government, where those elected are actually a part of the community and have to face the people they govern and answer to them.

The systems we now have are far too large, open to abuse and corruption by those with enough control.

However, I don't agree that protest is futile. How do we get to the place you envision if people just sit at home and complain on a forum about it? That's not solving anything.

We know that the election game is rigged, we see it every time it comes around. People are selected to be leaders by others who can control them, and then we are given the choice of which puppet to elect.

So if protest isn't the solution, and elections are not the solution, what do we do?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
www.rtve.es...

live link for these protests, and it's starting to get a bit antsy. Lots of fireworks going off at the moment (thought they were gunshots at first and my heart sank) lots of confusing scenes, and of course, obligatory police beating people.

edit- rubber bullets being fired into the crowd. People just siting there with their hands up
twitter.com...
edit on 25/9/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Another live link, as the one I posted seems to have gone down.
rt.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join