It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower's Olympic Security Warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The man, who was involved in training employees for the company, alleges that because of the pressure to recruit staff corners have been cut and some of the staff are not up to the job.

The employee, whose identity Sky News is not revealing, said there is a "no fail" policy for security staff and all recruits passed the course regardless of how competent they were.

Staff members - who had received two days of intensive training operating X-ray machines to detect lethal weapons and explosives - failed to spot decommissioned hand-grenades and firearms during a test.

Security officers asked to pat down a volunteer with a deactivated 9mm pistol in his sock failed to find the weapon.

Another guard picked up a fake improvised explosive device (IED) put through an X-ray scanner as a test and waved it around, despite being trained never to touch suspected bombs.

A trainee, who failed to keep track of which personal items belonged to whom, enabled a volunteer to put a mock bomb through the X-ray machine then disappear into the crowd.

All these members of staff were later passed as having successfully completed training. They were told to collect their security badge and uniform and were cleared to work in the Olympic park.

WOW.

This is really scary, just today (or yesterday) Theresa May had to bring in another 3,500 military personnel to cover the games because G4S said they might not have enough security or training to cover the games. This whistle blower has xtensive military and professional security training and is an expert in weapons and IED detection, and has said there is a 50/50 chance a bomb could get smuggled in. This company, G4S, has had plenty of time to train its staff and have failed, who is going to pay? Peoples lives. The Olympics is going to be watched by over a billion people, what a stage for a terrorist attack, this bit of news is only gong to encourage them.

Ive never seen so much security being put up, surface to air missiles on London rooftops, huge military present on the streets and on water, do they really think something will happen or are they just being safe, this bit of news hasn't convinced me in anyway!

Source
edit on 12/7/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah, but there is a 100% chance that if somebody wanted to get a bomb into an Olympics venue, they could easily. (Likewise on any aeroplane.) They just need to insert the bomb rectally, and they can bypass virtually any checkpoint security system.

All this money being spent on security in London is just a waste of time, designed to make us all afraid.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Are they genuinely that incompetent, or are they intentionally letting stuff through during the tests for whatever reason?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Isn't there a 50-50 chance for everything in life?

Just sayin.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Serves our government right by cutting cost on everything, only in England would be cut corners on the biggest event in years and try and get security on the cheap, makes me sick.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just just had a vision of a false flag happening at the olympics, and the media saying something like "The terrorists got into the Olympics, that was the most heavily secured buildind in the UK, they can get any where and everywhere, action must me taken now!"

Haven't though much about the Olympics, I've raised an eybrow or two at G4S (who incidently also secure the Court houses in Birmingham also, my mate who works there told me yesterday) and the OTT missile and air defence, and of course all the other slobby tragedies regarding it.

Only now am I considering, have they just gone OTT? Or have they gone OTT for a reason? Surely the budget is important? *Why* would they go OTT?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

alleges that because of the pressure to recruit staff corners have been cut and some of the staff are not up to the job.

They could just be that incompetent. Pretty scary. I mean for such a big event that would be one of the last thing I'd cut corners in.

Another guard picked up a fake improvised explosive device (IED) put through an X-ray scanner as a test and waved it around, despite being trained never to touch suspected bombs.

That guy should have been kicked out right on the spot. It's one thing to miss something (I mean it's still a huge deal), but it's another to do something that they specifically told you not to.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

I think whomever is there in power, is setting this up specifically for a terrorist attack.
Or possibly a fake attack to begin a World War. It would be the perfect opportunity.
Every country will be there so they would all have to take some part in a war if an
attack did occur. This is all a secret setup if an attack happens, no doubt. Illuminati
home ground, no telling what they could have their hand in.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongusJust sayin.

...YOLO
#just sayin..

theres more than a 50/50 chance that everybody hates these words

#said*

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have a security job currently, and I'm familiar with the company G4S. I'm not surprised as such a situation happened very recently with my employer. They won a contract, and ended up getting into a bind in terms of the number of employees they needed to have by opening day. They essentially hired EVERYONE who applied. No interview process at all. If you showed up you had the job. What ensued was a ton of people quitting, unreliable, getting fired, some with obvious personality issues, and the list goes on. One of the guys in training actually was on probation- which means they didn't even ask/mention that you can't get a security license in this state if that's the case.

Given my personal experience as to how this sort of thing goes down, I would be VERY concerned about the security of the Olympics for sure. This kind of thing is not what you want to have happen, because there's not going to be much trial and error process when it comes to the Olympics. With my company, weeding out the rotten apples took some time, a couple months even. They won't have such a luxury when it comes to an event like this where from day one somebody could be looking to engage in terrorism. In fact, I'd be a little concerned as to the security employees intentions. This company is trying to fill a quota, cuts corners, and hires the wrong individual because they didn't dig deep enough- image the ramifications.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

No. Taxes and death both have a 100% chance of occuring during your life time. Also running into trolls.

CJ

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm still right on the fence about this. On one hand, we've been hearing that terrorists want to kill us all, and that they will do so at the next best opportunity, for years now. On the other hand, we keep hearing all these stories about a lack of security.

Either way, does anyone consider the fact that this whole thing might be a self-fulfilling prophecy?
Is it so strange to think that, if everyone is talking about how easy it would be to blow up a stadium or two if someone were to attempt it, someone might be encouraged to do just that? I'm not suggesting that we keep silent about shoddy security such as this, don't get me wrong. But if I were someone planning to kill a large number of people at some point, would this whole debacle not make the Olympic Games more interesting for me?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There's no room for 50/50 in events like this, you either do it right, no corners cut, or people are going to die.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by amongusJust sayin.

...YOLO
#just sayin..

theres more than a 50/50 chance that everybody hates these words

#said*

Derp, derp...herp, derp.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Is saying 50/50 someone's attempt to make it look like they have some sort of hard data or numbers from which this 50/50 came from. To me it sounds like some a-hole is just saying "maybe someone might do it"

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
Is saying 50/50 someone's attempt to make it look like they have some sort of hard data or numbers from which this 50/50 came from. To me it sounds like some a-hole is just saying "maybe someone might do it"

Bingo......that's my point.

They are just stirring the pot, and covering their asses in case something does happen.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

It's saying if someone tried to bring one into the venue there's a 50/50 chance they would get inside rather than get caught. I'd assume that's pretty high but the way the describe the security makes it seems possible.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Imagine how many contracts G4S could lose if something does happen. Perhaps they're only providing one layer of security here.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Jesus if it matters that much just forget the 50/50
Look at the fact that security officers cannot detect dangerous weapons and explosives but are still being hired and put on duty to protect people at the games, concentrate on this.
edit on 12/7/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Cover who's ass? The person who said that would only be "covering their ass" if they would be held responsible should something occur. From the perspective it was told, this is some person who observed what was going on and thought "catching a terrorist with this group is going to be a coin toss." It certainly doesn't sound like the story of somebody who's in charge or has any say in the matter.

The 50/50 bit isn't a statistic, it's another way to say it's being left up to chance. He's not saying EVERY single individual who was hired is walking around in a daze of stupidity, but that they are letting EVERYONE in, good and bad alike. So that means it's being left up to chance. Does the terrorist go through a checkpoint with a competent security guard that catches him or some inept fool who lets him by? Chance. 50/50. Luck of the draw.

Not what I'd call "secure", that's for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join