It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

What's this?!

Just my original thread, posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:01

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Great thread S + F.

Whats so intrsting about that tho? If i may ask..

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
New to ATS. This thread is so interesting. Especially the GCHQ slide shows linked earlier.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

The interesting thing is, that over half of the alleged new topics or discussions, have been posted previously and are not found by newer members unfamiliar with the ATS search.

Meaning, multiple threads about a subject that doesn't need to be reposted.

I think that's the answer to your inquiry.

However, without any point of reference, this isn't certain.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Awesome thread...

I'd like to point something important out though for referencing SOME of these tactics online and in your personal life.

NOT all of these tactics are employed with malice (knowingly). Unfortunately these tactics can be learned subconsciously and implemented unconsciously. Children actually use a great deal of these tactics because they learn them from their parents. They are a means to an end. If these tactics aren't outed at an early age you will end up with adults that utilize them.

Gaslighting for example...the attempt to sew seeds of doubt in ones mind weakening their convictions. Gaslighting someone isn't always a sign of conscious malice. Often times people implement gaslighting to get what they want without knowing they are doing it.

Aside of that...many times they are used with intentional malice to manipulate people.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs
I wish them the best of luck attempting this with a forum such as ATS. Most members are inheritably curious, cautious, critical and intelligent. Your welcome all for the compliment.

These practices in my opinion would be more practical on forums that do not attempt to route our Hoax’s, miss-information and external influences.

These techniques would be best applied to Mom & Pops community forum where the users are naively under the impression everyone on the internet is genuine.

To the agents of dis-information and of malicious intent, I wish you luck, be prepared for close scrutiny and critical opinions.

THIS IS ATS!!..

I'm not crying. My eyes are sweating

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: orbitbaby
Indeed, I see it here on ATS all the time. Here is a good example:

Technique #4 - 'INFORMATION COLLECTION' Information collection is also a very effective method to determine the psychological level of the forum members, and to gather intelligence that can be used against them. In this technique in a light and positive environment a 'show you mine so me yours' posting is initiated. From the number of replies and the answers that are provided much statistical information can be gathered. An example is to post your 'favourite weapon' and then encourage other members of the forum to showcase what they have. In this matter it can be determined by reverse proration what percentage of the forum community owns a firearm, and or a illegal weapon. This same method can be used by posing as one of the form members and posting your favourite 'technique of operation.' From the replies various methods that the group utilizes can be studied and effective methods developed to stop them from their activities.

Certainly makes one wonder....

The members' photo threads, of which I'm guilty of contributing to, is another one.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RealSpoke
So what is your guys favorite firearm other than a shotgun? If you don't answer me you're racist.

Lever-action rifles

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So what is your guys favorite firearm other than a shotgun? If you don't answer me you're racist.

every post you make either makes me go off thinking something deep, or a big LOL like this one.

good thread ADVISOR , but i'm absolutely terrible at distinguishing between agents and people so I treat you all like both.

i'm pretty sure i'm not under surveillance though, unless they are that good at hiding it...

I just spent a good bit of time doing the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hp1229

That, or it's the people speaking code, but sounding like they're off their meds. It's easy to dismiss what seems like crazy talk.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
TooTo be honest, I've seen a lot of what is talked about in this guide when I was doing activist work, and especially during the OWS period and also when I was working with the Libertarian Party. I've been thinking about getting involved again to see what the current state of things is.
edit on 29-8-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Interesting how useful this knowledge is for ones toolbox of the mind. Being able to discern the techniques used against the populace, helps open many eyes.

🍻

posted on Apr, 22 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2
TooTo be honest, I've seen a lot of what is talked about in this guide when I was doing activist work, and especially during the OWS period and also when I was working with the Libertarian Party. I've been thinking about getting involved again to see what the current state of things is.

Well, are you going to leave us hanging, or will we be expecting an update?

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   
These rules apply to propaganda as well, operation mocking bird for example.

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Ty

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yes, and it seems normal to me

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The Greatest Enemy of Deception is an Opened Mind . Here on ATS Open Mindedness Rules........

posted on Jan, 20 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   
John has a long mustache.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join