It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC2) The Door of Despair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Once upon a time, there was a family, father and mother and little boy, driving through the countryside in the family station wagon, traveling down an old dirt road on their way to visit some old friends of theirs. On the way they came upon a high hill. Upon the high hill there sat a dark and mysterious house. The young boys curiosity ran high and he begged his parents to ride up the hill and get a closer look at this house. His persistence paid off and they made their way up the hill. Upon reaching the house they came to a large gated wall. Without even getting out of the car, the gate slowly opened. They drove right in up the front of the house. All three got out and made there way to front door. Again, before they could raise their hand to knock, the door slowly creeked open. Once they got in the door quickly slammed behind them. All three jumped in fright as they couldn�t pry the door open. They were trapped. But where? who�s house was this? They called out, but no one answered. The silence was overwhelming to say the least.

They all decided to venture further into the house. As they passed thru the foyer they came in gorgeous yet massive room. Inside was a beautiful crystal chandelier, pristine baby grand piano, gleaming marble floors, and a stunning mahogany spiral staircase. It seemed to be some kind of room for entertaining guests. All of the sudden a low deep noise was heard down the hall past the staircase. All three froze in their tracts. Slowly and without saying anything to each other, they were heading down that hall to investigate that noise. Then they heard it again. This time it sounded like a human voice, but they couldn�t make out the words. As the passed down the hall there hung pictures of some mysterious artwork. Men and women bound by ropes and chains. Abstract paintings of disfigured humans. Small children covered in blood. Surely this was the home of a mad man they thought.

Finally they reached the end of the hall, but nothing was there but a wall and a small table with a book setting on it. The book was written in a language that none of then could read. They picked it up none the less. Under the book was a strange object that resembled a key, but none like they has seen before. They then went to pick the key up but before they could they heard the noise again. This time it was much clearer. �Help me�, it said in a low desperate voice. It was distant, yet sounded like it came from right in front of them. With key in hand they began looking for a key hole somewhere in the wall. The young boy saw a slot in the floor by the end wall. They inserted the key and the wall slowly began to move back. Again, all three nearly fainted with fear as the moving wall revealed a dark cave like tunnel with stone steps leading deep into the earth.

There was an unlit torch hanging at opening of the tunnel. The father pulled out his lighter and once lit all three headed down into the dark, damp, cave tunnel. It took about 15 minutes to reach the bottom of the stairs. Once there, the tunnel opened into a vast cavernous opening. Stalactites and stalagmites were everywhere. The shadows from the torch danced everywhere. They proceeded to venture through the cave. They came to a small hole at the bottom of one of the cave walls. Light could be seen through the hole. All three crawled through the hole which opened up to a massive room with three large wooden doors. Each door was framed with human skulls. Each door had a word written on it. The left door said �Fear�. The middle, �Despair�. The left, �Death�. Not wanting to split up, the all three decided to go through the middle door. This would prove to be a costly mistake.

The three family members pushed with all their might on the door of despair until it slowly opened. Once inside the room the torch light went out and the door slammed shut behind them. They were locked in complete darkness. All three stood still together waiting for something to happen. Suddenly the room began to grumble, the floor began to shake, and white light began to appear above them. As they regained their vision, they realized what lay in front of them. A massive room full of hundreds of coffins. Slowly the coffins began to shake. The lids began to flap open and shut. The grumbling noise became louder and louder. Then the coffins began to move closer to the family. Close and closer they seem to be pushed towards them by an unknown force. The family gripped each other as this may be their last moments alive together. The coffins where just a few feet away now. They began to scream in terror. Closer and closer the coffins inched toward them. It was surely over for the family of three. Then, in a last act of desperation, the small boy reached deep into his pocket and pulled out a Vicks, because he remembered that Vicks stops the coffin.

Bracing for impact

[edit on 8-10-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
m.. you are too much, that was quite scary until I split my sides laughing at the end, btw, I have heard nyquil does a better a job. great entry

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
m.. you are too much, that was quite scary until I split my sides laughing at the end, btw, I have heard nyquil does a better a job. great entry

Nyquil wouldn't give me use of their name. Vicks is always looking for some free advertising though

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not bad.

Kinda campy, but I still liked it.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Not bad.

Kinda campy, but I still liked it.

Aren't all spooky ghost stories supposed to be campy?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I suppose so, but there's the element of campy, then once you pass campy, you hit cheesy. Most ghost stories are supposed to be lightly campy, with a dash of scary, whereas this was mostly spooky with a dash of cheesy.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Scary woo, until the boy pulled it out of his pocket, good job!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Yeah, I suppose so, but there's the element of campy, then once you pass campy, you hit cheesy. Most ghost stories are supposed to be lightly campy, with a dash of scary, whereas this was mostly spooky with a dash of cheesy.

Good, then you got it! That's my style baby
Light on the camp, heavy on the cheese

[edit on 7-10-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
mpeake

I got to hand it to you.

I was reading your story wondering what was going to happen next and never would have thought it would have ended like that. Spooky at first, but ended up cute.

Smart kid though.
I would have been out of there in the first paragraph.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
HA! Good one! I had to tell a few friends about the story and we all got a good giggle over it.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thank you! I have a much longer, much more obnoxious version of the story that would probably have made me alot of enemies once they were done reading it
so I thought I used a more condensed version. I am glad you liked it!

top topics

join