It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush, Cheney Concede Saddam Had No WMDs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So, what happens now? Does Saddam go free? Will they try to charge him with 20+ year old monstrosities to justify attacking Iraq? Is there a statute of limitations?
What does Rumsfeld say about this? Is he still saying they have WMD? Should the Bush regime be brought up on criminal war charges?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The congress including John F. Kerry were NOT informed of STRONG DISSENT by the Energy department of the 'aluminum tube's' useability in a centrifuge.

WHAT THE WHITEHOUSE KNEW:

The next day, Energy Department officials ticked off a long list of reasons why the tubes did not appear well suited for centrifuges. Simply put, the analysis concluded that the tubes were THE WRONG SIZE - too narrow, too heavy, too long - to be of much practical use in a centrifuge.

The tubes now sought by Iraq had precisely the same dimensions - A PERFECT MATCH [for combustion chambers for slim rockets fired from launcher pods.].
www.nytimes.com...

CONGRESS DIDN'T GET THE TRUTH:

But several Congressional and intelligence officials with access to the 15 assessments said not one of them informed senior policy makers of the Energy Department's dissent [over usability of the 'aluminum tubes' for a centrifuge]

"They NEVER LAY OUT THE OTHER CASE," one Congressional official said of those C.I.A. assessments.
www.nytimes.com...

The Whitehouse had information THEY DID NOT SHARE with the congress.

Excuse me Mr. Bush, but John F. Kerry DID NOT have access to all the information you did.

BUSH IS LYING EACH AND EVERY TIME HE SAYS JOHN F. KERRY HAD THE SAME INFO HE DID.

Bush and Cheney MISLED us into war.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Bush and Iraq-war fanatics:

"Iraq had WMD."

"Iraq is making WMD."

"Iraq has WMD."

"Iraq felt like making WMD."

"Iraq sent WMD to Syria."

"C.I.A. are liberals conspiring to overthrow Bush."

"Democrats made up the Iraq war."

Which one is it?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Huh?
What?
Kerry and the Dem's said what concerning Iraq, Saddam, and WMD PRIOR to the war?
What Did The Democrats Say About Iraq's WMD

Say what Mr. Kerry?
Kerry's spent 14 years warning us about Iraq's WMD

And again:
What did John Kerry know, and when did he know it?

These are ALL sourced....need more, let me know, k?

Kerry "mislead"? Afraid NOT! The Democratic use of the term "mislead" is a misdirection play by them to take the focus of them for supporting and agreeing with the Bush Administration for supporting the war against Iraq and saying, as well as confirming, that they saw what Bush and his people saw!

Let me get this straight:
Kerry believed Saddam had WMD...now says he didn't; that they were mislead, not informed, etc.?!
Kerry was for the war.....definitely saying now that it is the wrong, war, wrong place, wrong time....and should have underwent GLOBAL TESTING? Just what the hell is that anyhow, Mr. Kerry?
Kerry was for tax cuts....now he's against them.
Kerry was for the Patriot Act....now he's against.
Kerry was for NAFTA...now against.
Blah, blah.....

But wait!
This is afterall, a thread/topic on Bush, Cheney Concede Saddam Had No WMDs.....

seekerof

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Look the bottom line is this. No matter who becomes the next President, they are going to make up any excuse, whether it's fact or not, to wage war on the following countries:

1. Iran
2. Nigeria
3. Columbia
4. Haiti
5. Venzuela
6. Africa
7. China

P. S. North Korea will not be on the list.

They don't care what protestors or the American people think anymore.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
this Islamo-fascist nuclear state (kind of like ATS) - needs a lot of military attention if the Mid East is not to go up in smoke.

Didn't know Africa is a country!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
They admit there are/were no WMDs NOW.

The FACT is they were well informed THEN that the agument for was specious.

Bush and Cheney are WILLING TO USE LIES TO GO TO WAR.

They and their supporters have the Blood of 20,000 Iraqis and 1000 Americans on their hands

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire
this Islamo-fascist nuclear state (kind of like ATS) - needs a lot of military attention if the Mid East is not to go up in smoke.

Didn't know Africa is a country!

Sorry. Let me say West Africa.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

Which country in West Africa are you referring to?

I think you meant South Africa.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Which country in West Africa are you referring to?

I think you meant South Africa.

Oh, wait a minute. Sorry. I forgot Nigeria is in West Africa so to speak. Forget what I said using the term "West Africa." It's just Nigeria. Having said that I don't believe South Africa is going to be a country we will be invading.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Oh, wait a minute. Sorry. I forgot Nigeria is in West Africa so to speak. Forget what I said using the term "West Africa." It's just Nigeria. Having said that I don't believe South Africa is going to be a country we will be invading.

Why would we want to invade or attack Nigeria? Even if they could develop nuclear weapons they lack the ability to deliver them to a target.

They also lack the money to afford such a expensive developmental program.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The left one is flip= Cheney
The right one is flop= Bush

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Which one is it?

The president must have approval from Congress to go to war. Didn't John Kerry vote for approval? Now he says that he gave approval only if France, Germany and Russia had backed us. They made themselves clear on their position and still Kerry said yes. Bush didn't order a war on Iraq. He gave us information from Intelligence Communities from around the world that Saddam had WMDs. Congress, with both political parties, ordered the war on Iraq.

I fail to understand your logic. Ten years ago, you were screaming, like every other liberal, we should have gone into Iraq and overthrown Saddam and now that a president is in the White House with the guts and determination to do so, you're all of a sudden against what you wanted in the first place. What gives? Is it because Clinton didn't go do it and now all the liberals are jealous?

If Clinton had done it, he's been a hero in your eyes and it would have been the same old Republican bashing that goes on here now, but with "Look what a good deed Clinton accomplished, a deed that the Repulicans couldn't do."

Talk about FLIP-FLOP! Give me a break!

[edit on 8/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
What Did The Democrats Say About Iraq's WMD

Kerry's spent 14 years warning us about Iraq's WMD

What did John Kerry know, and when did he know it?

These are ALL sourced....need more, let me know, k?

seekerof

Very good post Seekerof! I wish some people would take the time to read some of these links. They're NOT lies, but direct quotes, forever etched in the pages of history!

Here's just a few:

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

I posted these here so maybe some of the anti-Bush people may read them. The links provided by Seekerof gives you a slew of quotes given by the very people who says that the war in Iraq is an immoral thing.

Go ahead and read them. I dare you. Then I dare you to go to the links provided bu Seekof. Scared?

[edit on 8/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

"Iraq had WMD."

"Iraq is making WMD."

"Iraq has WMD."

"Iraq felt like making WMD."

"Iraq sent WMD to Syria."

"C.I.A. are liberals conspiring to overthrow Bush."

Which one is it?

Don't forget this one. It's my favorite.

Saddam may have been developing the ability to develop a WMD program.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Why would we want to invade or attack Nigeria?

Well, since I firmly believe this is a "War on Drugs" and a "War on Oil," Nigeria is the world's sixth largest oil producer. We're are invading the countries that have oil and produce enough drugs to bring into this country illegally.

[edit on 12-10-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Why would we want to invade or attack Nigeria?

Well, since I firmly believe this is a "War on Drugs" and a "War on Oil," Nigeria is the world's sixth largest oil producer. We're are invading the countries that have oil and produce enough drugs to bring into this country illegally.

Can you explain how the war in Iraq has anything to do with drugs? I can understand how misinformed people could mistake this campeign as being a "Oil War", but drugs?

If we wanted a War on Drugs and War on Oil, all we have to do is go to South America! They got both! Iraq?
You lost me there!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Can you explain how the war in Iraq has anything to do with drugs?

It doesn't. The Iraq War is all about Oil.

I can understand how misinformed people could mistake this campeign as being a "Oil War"

Sorry but I'm not misinformed. I know I'm right. Why in the world would you think I'm misinformed? I'm not buying what the major news media is trying to sell me on the tv screen that this is a war on terror.

but drugs?

The War in Afghanistan is about drugs and oil. The largest percent of Opium comes from that region.

If we wanted a War on Drugs and War on Oil, all we have to do is go to South America!

Oh, that's one of our next stops on the list of countries to invade. Columbia specifically.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
that they saw what Bush and his people saw!

I'm not so sure. I think the whole country saw a different thing to what Bush and his people saw...

"He(saddam) has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors. "

- Colin powell

But Powell wasn't the only senior administration official telling the truth before the truth became highly inconvenient.

"But in terms of Saddam Hussein being there, let's remember that his country is divided, in effect. He does not control the northern part of his country. We are able to keep arms from him. His military forces have not been rebuilt. "

- Condoleeza rice

They trumpted it all up, they wanted in on Iraq regardless of any threat they posed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join