It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All it would take to cause a disaster in the US...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
All it would take to cause a disaster in the US would be to plant a few small bombs at a number of random polling places on November 2, set to go off in the morning. As the news spread, people would panic and the number of people who would go out to vote would be miniscule.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I agree with you that if this scenario were to happen, there would be people that would not go and vote for fear of their safety, however, I think the resolve of the majority of people is strong enough for them to say "No terrorist is going to stop me from exercizing my rights!). I would vote, and I'm sure many other's here on ATS would too.

Related to that, and this was a topic I brought up many months ago, what would happen if terrorist attacks happened on voting day...and I mean major attacks that would prevent people from voting. Has anyone heard of any contingency plans? Delayed elections? Alternate polling stations? Backup voting methods? etc, etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I agree with Sens.....

I think a lot of people would take the mindset, this is not a 3rd world country... I'm a citizen and I'm going to vote today....

besides, I honestly don't see an attack like this one or any attack taking place on American soil.

new topics

join