It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just sittin in the shade

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

BBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!

Good to see you!!!

I'll grab the carrot juice!

get over to the avatar thread and vote for some folks Beezeee!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You sound like an awesome teacher.......crayons for color coding...brilliant.....
I bet I would have passed your class
Good teachers make powerful imprints on kids lives, most of us still fondly remember those special teachers that helped to shape us.

That would have been a fun regent question. "Name a teacher that had a profound impact on your life, and why?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You sound like an awesome teacher.......crayons for color coding...brilliant.....
I bet I would have passed your class
Good teachers make powerful imprints on kids lives, most of us still fondly remember those special teachers that helped to shape us.

That would have been a fun regent question. "Name a teacher that had a profound impact on your life, and why?

Thanks

I give it all I have and all that I am

I would have had to named both extremes on that question.... I had a really, really, REALLY bad one once.... I'll share that story one of these days

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Oh my, another blazing hot day predicted. I remember extremely hot summers in my neck of the woods from when I was younger, but I certainly don't remember it being this hot.

Time for a pitcher of lemonade and another of iced tea. Perhaps a cool salad and a cold soup are in order.

One thing is for certain, in this heat, I must stay indoors so my house gets a "spring cleaning" just about every day

If at all possible, check on your elderly neighbors. Make sure your pets have plenty of water and some shade to get into. Don't forget our homeless: a simple drink of water can help save a life.

Now, I must brave the heat and run some errands. I'll try to drop back by later this afternoon

J

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
LadyJae

Love the new avatar - looks stunning on you

I remember hot, sunny, summer days we are experiencing...I remember the sound of the crickets very early in the morning and the smell of those funny helicopter thingys that used to come off the trees-we'd open them up and use the sap to stick them to our nose. ......why....why on earth did we do that? LOL. Whos 2 know, I suppose.

I love the summertime...the smells bring back memories and play in my head like a movie...in the way that you stop what you are doing and just get lost in the visions from past...only to come around with a small smile on your face and a tear in your eye.

How I wish I could show my children for ONE instant what it was really like to be a child...when doors weren't locked...you could play in your back yard, or the local park without having constant stranger danger...when at 5, you could walk to the local dime store to buy a fountain soda...and if you happened to be short on $, it didn't matter...because the owner knew your mom and dad...and it would all come out in the wash anyway. Penny candy was truley penny candy. Yeah...wish I could give that to my grown children for Christmas. Shame those days are over....

Ok, now that I've managed to make myself sad, I suppose I'll get back to work and wrap up my day. LOL.

As alwasy - it's been a pleasure! See ya soon!

Whos

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whos2know

Thank you, whos2know! I have a "closet" of beautiful avatars now. I love your new look also; I'm glad you decided against the animations! Isn't the talent in the thread amazing?

Perhaps, because I'm older, the heat affects me more; that could very well be why it seems so much hotter than I remember.

I spend time outside each morning and evening to listen to Nature and reflect. My young grandson is usually by my side in the evening and watching him chase lightning bugs never fails to bring a smile to my face.

I, too, would love to give my grandchildren (all the children everywhere) the gift of an innocent world. Maybe, one day...

J

edit on 7/26/2012 by LadyJae because: added content

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join