It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indian AF beats the USAF: Not ! The Real Story Behind The Cope India Exersize

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Russia, China and perhaps the EU (if you were to combine their military strength) could rival the US and even surpass it in the near future, but at present, there is simply no country that can honestly claim to rival the US.

Ah!! What do you think of my new "Axis of Evil!" India-china -Russia. together I bet they could take on the USAF.

And those wars between India and Pakistan, in which the PAF pilots avaoided confrontations; well don't get me wrong, we Indians have great respect for the PAF training, skill level and professionallism.Those guys are pretty good too. It takes wit and presence of mind to know when your beat, jettision fuel pods, and afterburner away to safety. Afterall your saving the aircraft aren't you?!

Wonder what would have happened if India and Pakistan hadn't split during independance?!!Combined in might we would have been formidable. IMHO T still think that that partition was the biggest mistake both countries ever made.

The next biggest mistake would would be to go nuclear on each other.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Wonder what would have happened if India and Pakistan hadn't split during independance?!!Combined in might we would have been formidable. IMHO T still think that that partition was the biggest mistake both countries ever made.

Partition was the best thing that happened. Mohammed ail jinnah , Father (actualluy F#####R) of pakistan wanted a homeland for muslims, and so they did have one.But the worst part : 12% of india's population are muslims

Divide india again to get them OUT

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Where have I heard this before? The USAF has been surprised before as it has underestimated its opponents. Like in Vietnam and Korea. There seems to be an ingrained overrealiance on technology and an under appreciation for manuverability and aircraft performance. This has happened in Korea and in Vietnam. Are we still making the same mistakes?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Civil war, dead bodies lying around everywhere, lack of gov't, etc.

The British, in order to gain advantage(in order to keep India in colonial rule), divided Hindus and Muslims. The bad part is that both sides took the bait so easily and readily.

I think we are better off with partition, than without partition.

Getting to the thread, I think it was the exercise was unfair. I would have been happier if IAF and U.S. places were switched, if the things mentioned in the starter were right.

[edit on 10/17/2004 by surfup]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Russia, China and perhaps the EU (if you were to combine their military strength) could rival the US and even surpass it in the near future, but at present, there is simply no country that can honestly claim to rival the US.

Ah!! What do you think of my new "Axis of Evil!" India-china -Russia. together I bet they could take on the USAF.

And those wars between India and Pakistan, in which the PAF pilots avaoided confrontations; well don't get me wrong, we Indians have great respect for the PAF training, skill level and professionallism.Those guys are pretty good too. It takes wit and presence of mind to know when your beat, jettision fuel pods, and afterburner away to safety. Afterall your saving the aircraft aren't you?!

I would say that Europe alone has the capabilities to take on the US and probably force a stalemate (there would be no winner)... but it you were to include russia india and china as well it would be a walkover (assuming non-nuclear)

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

China and Russia will be enemies before they are friends... And I was under the assumption that India an China don't exactly get along either.

Hypothetically, with Russian tech - yeah - if all the planes were modernized I'd say you might win.

Got to agree with you there.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
PIC of SU-30 dogfighting with F-15 in exercises :

vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
PIC of SU-30 dogfighting with F-15 in exercises :

vayu-sena-aux.tripod.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The whole India Russia and China alliance would never work. tHe Russians Indians and Chinesse hate each other just the same as they hate us. They only share military tech because India/ China has money and will power while Russia has the tech and needs money. Near the end of the Cold War and even today, Russia has nuclear weapons pointed at China and prepares for an invasion by the latter. This happened because during detente Russia got mad that the Chinese were opening up to the US.

There wont be a war with the US, Europe, Russia, China, or India because the global dependence on all on all the others. Relations might be strained, but someone wont through away their economy to fight another country.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
The whole India Russia and China alliance would never work. tHe Russians Indians and Chinesse hate each other just the same as they hate us. They only share military tech because India/ China has money and will power while Russia has the tech and needs money. Near the end of the Cold War and even today, Russia has nuclear weapons pointed at China and prepares for an invasion by the latter. This happened because during detente Russia got mad that the Chinese were opening up to the US.
country.

I don't know about Russia and China but the Russians and Indians have been comrades for a long time. I remember that in 71 Indo-Pak war when Inida was on the verge of winning, the US decided to test the 'friendship treaty' that India and Russia signed by bringing the 7th fleet into our backwaters (Bay of Bengal). This move was countered by the Russians who brought a bunch of akulas into the theatre. WW III at the onset!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All I hear is "USA was handicapped.... blah blah blah. Well guess what the Indians used Mig-21s and the F-15s even is handicapped had to take those. Stop the whining life doesnt end with one loss!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
All I hear is "USA was handicapped.... blah blah blah. Well guess what the Indians used Mig-21s

Reread the article. A few 21's and those had grey market upgrades from Western Contractors, not the 60's era electrocincs that inhabit most. Quite a few Su-30's too. Really now. No whinning involved here. Simply pointing out the terms and conditions of the exersize. :shk:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What you are posting is an excuse. Also Mig-21s even if upgraded alot are stil old and cant and will not fight the newer aircrafts.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What you are posting is an excuse. Also Mig-21s even if upgraded alot are stil old and cant and will not fight the newer aircrafts.

Why not? Remember what Yeager said, "it's the man not the machine."

I am curious as to how the Russian forces would fare in such an exercise. Assuming that they could get that many planes in the air at the same time.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Cool hand if you look at that title you wil see that you are off topic. Also if you cant win one way dont try to just bash the otherside in. You dont know half about the Russian airforce. You dont know enough to een say something. most people here just shoot there mouth off.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Huh, the F-15 is over 30 years old, and the Su-27 Flanker is almost as old and still are quite potent. The B-52 is over 50 and still reigns terror. The A-10, The Tornado, are all "older designs that still kick butt and the inital desing of the F-22 Raptor is 20 years old.

So you were saying?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Cool hand if you look at that title you wil see that you are off topic. Also if you cant win one way dont try to just bash the otherside in. You dont know half about the Russian airforce. You dont know enough to een say something. most people here just shoot there mouth off.

Hate to tell you, but I probably know as much as about the Russian Air Force as anyone else here. I have seen reports as to current maintenance and funding for it, which shock me.

Just look into the the funding for the Tu-160 for yourself if you do not believe me. Shocking.

BTW my first comment was on the topic.

All I hear is a Russian whining......

[edit on 19/10/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
All i will say on this topic is.... Reports can be very misleading. Have a nice day. Maybe one day you people can get some info from the inside of the Russian forces.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
this was a joint training exercise, noone won or lost, they did joint sorties, flew in eachothers aircraft, and some combat against eachother, it wasnt a competition.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
this was a joint training exercise, noone won or lost, they did joint sorties, flew in eachothers aircraft, and some combat against eachother, it wasnt a competition.

This is what it was supposed to be. But people view it as a loss cause USA is supposed to be the strongest. You people it very nicely. I was even wrong to call it a loss. It is just annoying to hear people make excuses. First one was that USA wanted this to happen to just get the F-22. The problem is that they were still getting the F-22s! Again nicely said and I support you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join