It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy living rock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I saw this on utube and went ewww but its a bit interesting..Its a self-sexing vanadium-secreting intestine-rock the thing is actually called Pyura chilensis (terser, though less descriptive), and it’s found off the coast of Chile and Peru.

People say this thing looks exactly like a rock it’s also completely immobile like a rock this thing has to be one of natures weird wonders and people actually eat this rock looking object i wonder what it taste like ...

peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yaaaash... disgusting.
And the first thing they do it hack at it witha pocket knife.

Reminded me of that luka magnotta video

who on earth sees that and think "Hmm, well we are at the ocean... Fish? Crab? Lobster? Nahh Lets eat this ugly rock like thing!"

humans are insane...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah no kidding, so gross.

They don't even know anything about this thing but they are ready to eat it? It's a no wonder people are getting sick these days, with all the zombie flesh eating diseases.

Think we found the source.
Forget bath salts.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Similar things grow on Australian beaches. The guts makes good fishing bait.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Yaaaash... disgusting.
And the first thing they do it hack at it witha pocket knife.

Reminded me of that luka magnotta video

who on earth sees that and think "Hmm, well we are at the ocean... Fish? Crab? Lobster? Nahh Lets eat this ugly rock like thing!"

humans are insane...

mainidh
I agree its nasty looking id have to be starving to death to eat any part of that ugly thing! I didnt watch the Luka Magnotta video but i was told its was horrible ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Yeah no kidding, so gross.

They don't even know anything about this thing but they are ready to eat it? It's a no wonder people are getting sick these days, with all the zombie flesh eating diseases.

Think we found the source.
Forget bath salts.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Manhater..LOL that was to funny thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Similar things grow on Australian beaches. The guts makes good fishing bait.

ChaoticOrder
If i was a fish id swim in the other direction from that as bait ..But i bet it would make good bait i just cant imagine eating that gross thing as human food..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

It was... as nonchalant as the guy in this video too, which is disturbing..

Hah I even have a hard enough time eating muscles -- the kind that grow on the sides of rocks in the ocean.. with their hairy tongues. Nice tho, but I think an acquired taste.. texture however is something else.. ;/

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Hah I even have a hard enough time eating muscles -- the kind that grow on the sides of rocks in the ocean.. with their hairy tongues. Nice tho, but I think an acquired taste.. texture however is something else.. ;/

mainidh
Ive never eaten muscles i think they might rate up there with oysters and they make me gag but i love most seafood mostly fried..sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

mainidh
Ive never eaten muscles i think they might rate up there with oysters and they make me gag but i love most seafood mostly fried..sugarcookie1

Try some pan fried oysters, use a cast iron skillet heated to smoking add a few table spoons of vegetable oil. Dredge the oysters in a flour salt and pepper mix. Toss them in the pan and fry 'em to a golden brown.

Garnish with a little hot sauce/fresh lemon juice/cocktail sauce....MM MM Good

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

mainidh

Try some pan fried oysters, use a cast iron skillet heated to smoking add a few table spoons of vegetable oil. Dredge the oysters in a flour salt and pepper mix. Toss them in the pan and fry 'em to a golden brown.

Garnish with a little hot sauce/fresh lemon juice/cocktail sauce....MM MM Good

Well if there fried i might be able to deal with eating them the only way Ive ever had them was raw (gag)sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
In New Zealand we have a sea creature called a Kina which can look a bit like this.
en.wikipedia.org...(animal)

en.wikipedia.org...(animal)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

Lucas73
Thanks for posting and the pictures and yes they do look somewhat alike and i wouldnt eat one of those either

peace,sugarcookie1

join