It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, Moms really can fix everything!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Couldn't figure out what forum this would go in, so Chit Chat is probably the best bet...

now.msn.com...

"Breast milk has superpowers even you didn't realize "

Ladies, your boobs may be even more powerful than you thought: New research suggests that breast milk "has a strong [HIV] virus-kiling effect," according to authors of the study, conducted at the UNC Center for Infectious Diseases and the UNC Center for AIDS Research. Scientists have long wondered whether breast milk fought the virus or -- like other bodily fluids -- transmitted it. In fact, they found that breast milk has "amazing ability of breast milk to destroy HIV and prevent its transmission." It's good news, and could even lead to the development of natural products that fight HIV.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Breast is best!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Apparently so!!! I wonder what else it fights against!!

Momma always told me she knew best, guess she was right!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There was a thread a few weeks ago about some research which indicated babies who are breast fed have less chance of developing cancer. Breast milk - the miracle cure.

edit: here's the thread I mentioned: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is great news, no doubt about it. Like most guys, having never been.... fully weaned, shall we say, I'm always happy to hear of the great qualities of breasts. I will add this to my list....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The OP over in that other thread has some great information in it.
....crazy stuff in the thread... but great information in between all the juvenile joking.

It just struck me as strange when I first saw the article but after reading through the other thread, it really has me thinking. It makes sense. The mother's milk for her own young is for helping the baby grow and get stronger. The human milk would be best for humans whereas each animal's own milk is best for that animal.

I'm definitely going to suggest that grandchildren, great nieces/nephews are breast fed... or insist if I'm in the position to do so. Maybe our present generations are so "screwed up" because they started going away from breast feeding in the 1950's-2000 and were all about using the bottles instead. It may be one of the biggest things we can do to make the next generation stronger and more healthy than we have been.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

really breast feeding is the absolute best thing for a child. It is good for you to encourage such things in your family. I am proud of you for doing that!

S&F
edit on 8-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

join