It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pantheon Working Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This shall be the working thread for "A Pantheon For A New Age". As stated in the main thread If you see the story past a single post feel free to continue as to not stifle creative genius. As for the number of writers involved, I don't see need to limit the creative process to certain writers and would like to see it grow, over time, as the mental visions come to those that read it. As this is my first attempt a collaborative writing here on ATS I may see a need for it in other stories, but in this one the paths that it can take are so vast from individual character personalities to group personalities to the whole council as well as how they are received.

I have been thinking of the council itself, since posting, and I would like to put up for discussion the first, shall we say guidelines. I see the remaining council of 12 to be balanced between Female and Male. But in groups of 3 this makes it difficult. Rather than 2 elements be all Female and 2, all Male, maybe split it up so all elements are represented by both. For example, Fire= 2 Male 1 Female, Water= 2 Female 1 Male, Earth= 2 Male 1 Female, Water= 2 Female 1 Male.

Thank you for joining in and seeing this story come to life.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
What direction or style were you thinking for this? Or was it to be just open and in any direction? I'd be interested in joining in and penning a chapter or two, just wanted a bit of additional background to work on.

Maybe if you're thinking elements, you could break them down further into base and then core elements also, such as fire, then magma (I can't remember the third heat element right now). Or water, ice and steam. Just a thought.

edit on 18-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Honestly I was going to allow it to flow as each author saw it going. I saw the elements covering everything within that element making each person of that element equal with it but each having their own personalities and behind the scenes agendas. With each personality there is obviously room for favorite uses of each element with each person. The council obviously works together but through time maybe conflict within the council. Michal, having the "All Powerful" ring can call any ring back leaving the person without and choosing another, but I don't see that happening for a while if at all.

Right now its about bringing the chosen together with maybe some experimentation on their part and deciding the course of action for chapter 2. This course of action could be chosen and stated in here for chapter 6, lets say, and each writer would build towards it, but I would like it to be as open and free for each writer as possible.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

OK, well I've had a few ideas, mainly just introductions of characters and a few ideas for their development. I'll get a bit down tonight and maybe U2U with a few ideas then get going

edit on 18-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'll be inputing on the morrow.

However, immediate question: Is Micheal malevolent or benevolent?

Is he only culling out "good" guys? Or perhaps people who have to choose?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

That's the question isn't it lol Thats why I put it all the way I did lol. I think of Him as a Human with human thoughts, human emotions, human ideas and the power of a god. I think it really depends on what is occurring at the moment.

I saw him, prior to receiving the rings and the powers to be a skeptic that did not believe in everything he now has so the inner conflict is bound to rise up. He may have positive intentions but not everything goes as planned and emotions can run rampant.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Just asking, because he seemed to take to the ring/power pretty quickly.

I'll leave it as unknown.

Skeptic personality says enough.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ok, I've introduced Stephan as an earth character, a drunk with little background, but a lot of potential. I'll be introducing a female character soon, and again, without revealing too many details about her past.

Two rings down, 10 to go.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you need another writer I'd be interested.

Iv'e done a few fantasies here on ATS and this fantasy seems right up my alley.

I'll take any role available

I can write from a male or female perspective as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Absolutely, join in however you wish.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
First post is up, I have introduced Xavier, a water character. He is a little "anti-hero," but is a good fit so far.

Hopefully over the weekend I will mull over another character, most likely female. Not too sure about the element yet though.
edit on 20-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join