It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korea dares U.S.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Deputy Director General Li Gun, Pyongyang's representative to the talks, made a "blatant and bold" announcement that his country had nuclear weapons, and asked U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian Affairs James Kelly, "What are you going to do about it?"

www.cnn.com...

This could get ugly...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
NK : "What are you going to do about it?"

USA : Well...nuking you.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Let's hope not. It could make for a very sticky situation if mushroom clouds start popping up in China and Russia's back yard.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
"One official said Li said Pyongyang would consider dismantling its nuclear weapons program if the United States signed a written security statement promising not to attack North Korea. Li said, however, it was not possible to dismantle a nuclear weapon."

Why would the United States attack them? The whole reason anyone was even thinking about it, was because they were restarting their nuke program in the first place.

[Edited on 24-4-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
American misbehaviou is the real reason behind nuclear armament... The only countries who can say "bugger off" to the childish and self-important Bush clique are nuclear nations. What a surprise. In fact, even the south koreans want the US to go home , but they wont quit their petty quarrel with the subversive north koreans who just enjoy laughing at america.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
NK : "What are you going to do about it?"

USA : Well...nuking you.

Do you get off hearing about millions of people dying?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Why would the United States attack them? The whole reason anyone was even thinking about it, was because they were restarting their nuke program in the first place.

The US quit the ABM treaty in 2001 .. That was enough to make everyone nervous and a good reason to build more nukes for North Korea. The US presence in South Korea however, is against the will of the South Koreans, and many pleas demanding the retreat of US troops have emerged in the past years. That is the real, the strategic reason behind these jousts : The US doesnt want to loose an important military encampment in Asia.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Mokuhadzushi, why are you so anti-American. Were you raised that way, or did you have a sudden revalation? I was raised to believe in the ideals of America. I think our government is doing a good job and keeping those ideals alive.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm not antiamerican. The mess the United States are stirring up these days is anti-humanity, so it's anti me, for i really do believe in the ideals of humanity. They are keeping those ideals alive in rhetoric alone, and doing the contrary. Just like Hitler. As a German, i have promised to fight against fascism.

[Edited on 24-4-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

AF1

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

The US quit the ABM treaty in 2001 .. That was enough to make everyone nervous and a good reason to build more nukes for North Korea. The US presence in South Korea however, is against the will of the South Koreans, and many pleas demanding the retreat of US troops have emerged in the past years. That is the real, the strategic reason behind these jousts : The US doesnt want to loose an important military encampment in Asia.

I have no problem with taking our troops out of South Korea, if the South Koreans want all of Korea to be under an oppressive regime, all the more power to them. We still have Japan as an ally. As for the ABM treaty, we had to pull out of it. Because there are countries who are building nukes (N. Korea is a great example) who are willing to use them. So we decide to make a system that will protect us from rogue countries. I don't see what's so 'evil' about that, its in our best interests to protect ourselves, and even though you won't care if a city on the West-Coast gets decimated, I for one do.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How is America anit-humanity? Do they just wipe out innocent people for no good reason? The answer is no. They do not. Not unless you can prove otherwise.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I care about the west coast... Just please don't feign surprise when the war against Saddam sends a clear sign to all nations like N. Korea : get nukes. get them fast. For it doesnt matter if you comply with UN resolutions, you will get bombed.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

How is America anit-humanity? Do they just wipe out innocent people for no good reason? The answer is no. They do not. Not unless you can prove otherwise.

Do we have to start an Iraq thread again ? Do americans believe in deception ? do they believe in lie ? do they believe in stealing a countries resources ? do they believe in bombing ? do they believe in the holy economic war ?

You country is at odds with your ideals, joehayner. Perhaps Bush started this on grounds of good will, i dont know (and i dont care), but it has gotten far too big for him.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What you will find is that "getting nukes fast" will be akin to painting a great big red bulls eye on your country. What I find more disturbing is that N.K. seems VERY willing to export weapons and technology to the highest bidder.

For Moku as far as your East coast jab...Thanks I'll make sure to punch the next german citizen I meet square in the face just for you.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I care about the west coast (actually i would prefer the east coast to get roasted...). Just please don't feign surprise when the war against Saddam sends a clear sign to all nations like N. Korea : get nukes. get them fast. For it doesnt matter if you comply with UN resolutions, you will get bombed.

I can honestly say that what you just posted was a bunch of bull#. Sorry for the language, but it's true.

Wishing the deaths of millions of people...
Complaining about the deaths of millions of people...
Do I smell a hipocrit?

Nice dodge around my question, by the way. I think I know the answer. You were raised anti-American. I can tell that no matter what I say, It'll never get through to you. You could be proven wrong time and time again, and still deny the facts.

It looks like the Iraqi information minister has a new buddy.

*edit* READ MY SIGNATURE

[Edited on 24-4-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
please stay on subject !!

i deleted the comment about the east coast .. it WAS tasteless ... i deleted it even before anyone complained so why bring it up again ? that's bad habits..

If personal criticism is your only answer in a non-personal debate, your professional future really isnt bright, joehayner...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
please stay on subject !!

i deleted the comment about the east coast .. it WAS tasteless ... i deleted it even before anyone complained so why bring it up again ? that's bad habits..

If personal criticism is your only answer in a non-personal debate, your professional future really isnt bright, joehayner...

Ouch! I didn't know you deleated it. It took me a couple seconds to type my reply. I was so appalled at your reply that I couldn't type.

It just shows people how you think.

I asked you a question and you still didn't reply to it. I'd say that's 'bad habits'.

You seem adept at backing up your accusations.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Moku, ypou once again prove you understand very, very little.

The ABM treaty was with a government that no longer exists. There is no longer a treaty member with which to keep the bargain.

You seem to put horses in back of carts. I like to think that you are smart enough to realize that the ABM program is specifically for threats such as N. Korea, and was even billed as such when restarted. The ABM isn't offensive, and if we were to bust N.Korea up, if that was our design, we could have done that first and thereby making the ABM less necessary.

Do you really enjoy twisting the truth around that much?

"Nuclear misbehaviou is the real reason for nuclear armament." you say? What a spin you prefer to put on it. Misbehavior? And you see no wrong-doing by North Korea. Again, you blame us for our response to terrorist states and say that our "misbehavior" is the reason terrorist states seek nuclear weaponry. The desire to destroy the largest nation of stability is why they seek NBC weapons. We don't look to invade North Korea, if we wanted to, we could have done it a long time ago.
Why do you make such statements? And ones like this one:
"Do we have to start an Iraq thread again ? Do americans believe in deception ? do they believe in lie ? do they believe in stealing a countries resources ? do they believe in bombing ? do they believe in the holy economic war ?"
Start another Iraqi thread. You proved nothing in the last thread, or any other thread you start, except you are an anti-American propagandist. Do we believe in stealing other nation's resources? No, that is why we aren't. Do we believe in bombing? Of course we believe in bombing, as well as using all other weapons when it is righteous. Our nation doesn't make it a habit of using bombs to, say, take over an non-threatening European continent, we use it to kick the crap out of such nations or leaders.

Or how about this incredibly unfactual and misleading statement made by you: "For it doesnt matter if you comply with UN resolutions, you will get bombed."
You are quite the liar. No other way of putting it. Go whine to Simon or whoever, you, boy, are a liar. This isn't a matter of being ill-informed by revised history, you were alive and old enough to be conscious to gleen the facts.

"Perhaps Bush started this on grounds of good will, i dont know (and i dont care), but it has gotten far too big for him."
You're right, you don't know or care. What would either have to do with the work of a hateful and spiteful propagandist? By the way, how extensive is your education and your experience? I'm curious. You're thinking you know what is too big for the president, I want to know from what ground you make that assumption.

"I'm not antiamerican. The mess the United States are stirring up these days is anti-humanity, so it's anti me, for i really do believe in the ideals of humanity. They are keeping those ideals alive in rhetoric alone, and doing the contrary. Just like Hitler. As a German, i have promised to fight against fascism."

There is no comparison between this administration and Hitler. You'd like to draw the comparisons, but they just aren't there. However, you feel if you chant your rhetoric (speaking of rhetoric) long and loud enough some will believe you. And you're right. There will always be people that know little and will believe lies.
And what does you being a German have to do with your claim to stand against fascism? Apparently, you don't recognize fascism when you see it. What it is that you against is Bush. Plain and simple. Bush and America.

Your sole goal here seems to throw flames at America. You want to flame a nation that is doing more to stabilize the world than your little mind can grasp, while yours fought the removal of a dangerous madman that threatened Americans and slaughtered his own people just for the economic gains (under the table gains, I might add. You should be proud).

Now run and tell Simon that I coalled you on your stupid assertions and clarified them. And, make sure you tell him that I called you a liar. That's what you are, I clearly indicated why, and that's what I called you. Had you any sense you'd take it as constructive criticism and repair yourself, but somehow I don't see you doing that. Pigs don't know pigs stink.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i'll post an extensive answer hopefully tomorrow, for i must go to dinner now, but i dont want our newfound empathy to fade off, so keep it up until tomorrow please. If you are eager for formal criticism of your letter, i'd say that you are well inside the bounds of civilized discussion (expect perhaps for that comment about running to the admins, but nevermind), and i am happy to have found a new discussion partner on this board.

cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
cheers Moku...

Can't wait to see your reply. I hope this discussion between you and TC ends up being interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join