It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Predictions Coming True are World Power's Biggest Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I will start off by saying I absolutely do not buy into the end of the world is quickly approaching theory. However, for the sake of this thread, lets say a meteorite is heading towards Earth and contact is immanent.

I was talking to my father the other day and he said something from space threatening Earth is a huge fear of the most powerful countries on Earth. I questioned him asking why. It was a very light hearted conversation, but my dad jokingly answered is a huge fear because the most powerful militaries would have to start unveiling their secrets. He then said, "you know some country, even if it isn't ours, has some kind of Death Star laser that would be able to shoot sh*t out of space." Now that was the end of our conversation, but it definitely got me thinking.

Now I don't believe there is some Star Wars type "Death Star" floating around in space waiting to shoot meteors out of the sky. And even if there is, I don't believe it was used to bring down the Twin Towers as some do. BUT, if the end was coming do you think world powers would ban together with their technologies? The U.S. Navy already has lasers on some of their ships. Do you think somewhere out there there is a weapon on a larger scale that could be used to save all countries? And if you do believe it is out there, do you think it would actually be revealed?

After some thinking, the conclusion I have drawn is that I believe many countries have weapons that their citizens and other countries have no idea about. If a weapon could save Earth, I certainly believe it would be used, but not talked about. I think it would just happen and then the story would be reported about how the meteor was mysteriously broken up in atmosphere or something like that, but of course there would be a conspiracy about how it wasn't possible.

That is just my crazy mind wondering though, what about you ATS

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Of course. There's very little about this technology that's actually secret, and you can read about most of it at Wired.com's Danger Room blog:

Link here...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

LOL...I think it is your biggest fear and about half of us on ATS. The TPTB don't give a hoot about 2012 predictions and a majority of the population does not even know half of what is alledged to happen. I think I will be here in Jan 2013 so that tells you where I stand...all TPTB care about is maintaining control....and perhaps we have given them a way to do it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I agree with the above post. The most important thing for all of the governments is to keep the fear and control. Personally, I think most gov'ts don't have much going on in the way of advanced technologies. I think they just want their people to think they do.

But of coarse, I've been wrong before. I guess for all our sakes, we should hope for the best, co-operative world leaders and secret death rays. Knowing people though, more likely they will go home to their families or into underground bunkers and wait it out, while the rest of us fight/wait.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN....and perhaps we have given them a way to do it.

"we" haven't done anything, they have been going at this since before you or me were born so we are not part of the problem nor are the other 7 billion people.

You see, when you put a glass over an ant hill and the ants are trapped, it doesn't make sense for them to start blaming themselves, it's beyond their power and even understanding. Same deal with us, we've been guided for decades, manipulated, it's not the "sheeples" fault they've been manipulated and trapped.

Also, if something were to hit the earth do you think governments that NEED population reduction are going to help us? Why do they have those fancy bunkers do you think?

Doesn't this sound a lot more plausible?; Something hits earth, kills millions perhaps billions of people, government hides, doesn't expose secret technology, when all doom is over, they re-emerge and still have their hidden tech?

(I don't know if something will hit the earth or even if something will happen this year, I'm up for anything but equally open to the possibility that it's all BS)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There is more of a risk with these weapons not working as it demonstrates their incompetence. Imagine if they sent some nukes that missed by a few hundred kilometres? Having bad ass weapons are useless if no one knows about them. Would America be hesitating now in Syria if it did have a proven laser system that could knock out every war head sent by Russia and China?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i would like to think that countries do have weapons of fantasy ..it would be more of a worry if they didn't

imagine if our governments were telling the truth all along ..no secret weapon's no secret knowledge and no evidence of ET ..Imagine for one minute that they were just as vulnerable as us ..asking questions but not knowing the answers

now that's a scary ..... i think we all fear the future as we don't know what it has in-store for us.....its human nature

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have to wonder if maybe one of those classified satellite launches / shuttle missions didn't deploy something like that. maybe that's why the Chinese are so obsessed with space these days.
scary thought; what if the goal was not destroying, but guiding, the incoming object.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Interesting topic... however i think all of you missed one basic point. The governements of the world could very well have stopped what ever was going to happen already.

Because they wouldn't inform the general public anywhere.

Having been in the military I very well do believe there are weapons that most people couldn't even fathom... sound guns, gravitation bombs, yes lasers... and many other things that would work in outerspace rather than on earth.

When the Federal Government lets the general public know you better look up cause your about to get blown up.

As whether the USA would work with other countries... I think it would have to come down to the last min, and have no doubt that was the only option.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
Interesting topic... however i think all of you missed one basic point. The governements of the world could very well have stopped what ever was going to happen already.

Because they wouldn't inform the general public anywhere.

edit on 6-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

I have to think that if some gummint successfully zapped a killer asteroid they'd be shouting from the housetops thumping their chests.
(AFTER the fact of course)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I certainly agree that many technologically advanced countries have military capabilities that their citizens know absolutely nothing about, and would probably be absolutely stunned to find out about.

I mean, during Gulf War One, no one knew about the existence of Stealth Bombers until they started rolling out of their hangers in Nevada (I think it was Nevada, could be wrong).

Highly plausible that there is secret, advanced weaponry out there. However, I agree with you, that the Death Star idea is more than a little far fetched.

top topics

join