It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the great tribulation start Oct. 13, 2004 ? Answer is here.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
For 2000 years, some people in every generation has believed(wrongly) that the end of the world was going to happen during their lifetime. Why? Because they want to feel that they are a part of something important. Well, I hate to break it to you, but the end of the world probably isnt coming anytime soon.

I gave up on the idea of seeing the world end when I was in 9th grade. It's really a shame- I had all these childish elaborate plans for evading the tribulations and fighting back against the beast. I was going to have a submarine to sneak around the world in and stay safe for example.

You have to be careful what you wish for though. I had a tremendous fascination with WWII and even a sense of having missed the part of history I really belonged to. Just at the end of the summer following my highschool graduation the dang war on terror started then. I almost felt responsible for causing it somehow.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Can anybody answer my question?
How do these children know that they were talking to the Virgin Mary, since nobody in the world knows what she looked like?

There is no just one portrait of the virgin Mary, but the overall description of her is what the three of them saw. Look at any of these portraits and more or less that's what they saw. The virgin also told them only one of them woud live long, Lucia, now known as sister Lucia, as the other two would die young.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
well i guess we have 23 and a half hours before we know for sure, in the central time zone that is....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Can anybody answer my question?
How do these children know that they were talking to the Virgin Mary, since nobody in the world knows what she looked like?

There is no just one portrait of the virgin Mary, but the overall description of her is what the three of them saw. Look at any of these portraits and more or less that's what they saw. The virgin also told them only one of them woud live long, Lucia, now known as sister Lucia, as the other two would die young.

No, actually there are NO real portraits of the Virgin Mary. Zero.
Sure, there are paintings and depictions of her, but none were made during or near her lifetime. There arent even any real physical descriptions of what she looked like!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
As this is my first post as an ATS member, let me first say this subject intrigues me greatly. As a former Catholic, I have always had interest in Fatima and the story connected to it. I have always been inclined (since childhood) to believe the third and final prophecy as being the disclosure of the time marking the end of mankind - having read previous posts I am inclined to lean towards the foretelling of the Pope's attempted assassination as being the final prophecy.

Interestingly, I have a personal belief that we are already in the final days (as some members believe). Only time will tell ...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The Great tribulation starting tommorrow come on gimme a break. Why are there so many wrong interpretations of endtime prophecy? This is the same thing that has been conspired and twisted for centuries since the time of columbus. Oh yeah sure, I know we are living in the endtimes, but no one can be actually sure that Tribulation is going to start at such and such a time, Complete Hogwash! what verification that the Vision of the Fatima was 1. Of God.(The devil can come as an angel of light) and 2. Speaks of these things, maybe the interpretation was wrong. The practice of saints who are mortal, that supposed to be dust, appearing to living are just palin wrong.... The worship of these saints are also wrong, not in the evangelical view but in God's eyes, No one deserves praise and worship except God. Anyway, I will have to laugh this one out, and see what happens Tommorrow....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, it's 8 am and the tribulation hasn't started.

Maybe the prophecy meant that Bush would really bomb in the debates tonight? One can only hope....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Well, it's 8 am and the tribulation hasn't started.

Maybe the prophecy meant that Bush would really bomb in the debates tonight? One can only hope....

I think you will be sorely disappointed on both counts today...

Unlikely Monkeys, not just for winning lottery tickets anymore...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
At 12:30 pm, my bank statement posted yet anoyther 'fee'

the continuation of tribulation on the personal scale is real for myself

but...we have another 11 plus hours to ..anticipate!?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Notice today that the FDA approved the implantation of a "medical" chip.... leaving it at that.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuatara
Notice today that the FDA approved the implantation of a "medical" chip.... leaving it at that.

Ya i noticed that too, a coincidence and nothing more. We knew it was going to happend one day.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What A Conspiracy!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well guys, I would like to leave a better post, but I just dont have time. Since the end of the world is coming, I think my afternoon would be better spent raping and pillaging the countryside.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've always found the fact that the 'Revalations' as is the third of the Fatima Predictions set no clear date. It's also as if we are being given the choice to turn away from our destructive path or choose our own destruction.

Sadly i don't have that much faith in humanity or should i say our leaders our so-called 'betters' who seem to be hell bent of shafting all of us.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think it is important to be right and just than be concerned about an event you believe cannot be stopped, and at some point in time, if The Bible is to believed, someone will actually be correct in stating the time is here. That said, I have reservations about the Fatima visions and especially the interpretations. Christians should first adhere to Christ�s words then be sure to measure the words of others against them: Matt 24:4:6 Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name saying, I am Christ and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars; see that ye be not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.�

I am troubled by the Fatima messages for several reasons. First is because Mary is quoted as having stated God wants the world to be devoted to her immaculate heart, that ther heart will triumph and the "Holy Father" will consecrate Russia to her. That seems to be inciting blasphemy to me.

The vision recounts: : �The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pius XI�know that this is the great sign given you by God that he is about to punish the world for its crimes, by means of war, famine, and persecutions of the Church and of the Holy Father. � �if not, she (Russia) will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church.

The interpretation of the third secret by the Pope makes me cringe. Here is the relevant section edited for brevity: �And we saw in an immense light that is God� a Bishop dressed in White, we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions.

I fully understand that and parable or prophecy can be twisted and contorted into whatever one wants it to mean, but examine closely John Paul II�s assassination attempt here. He was being driven through St. Peter�s square when he was shot. This is a picture of the square members.aol.com... There are no ruins about, and with all the ruins in Europe it could be any. He was in the square to address an audience, where does the steep mountain etc. fit in? He had not reached the top of anything, nor was he on his knees in front a big cross, and finally no one was killed including him.

At the risk of being called a heretic, I am aware that Jesus in Matthew 24 mentions the abomination of desolation who will stand in the holy place. Pope John Paul II, was the first Catholic Pope to pray in Canterbury Cathedral, and the first to visit the Synagogue of Rome. While being the first as above hardly makes him the anti-Christ, Revelations chapter 13 is one that plays on my mind a great deal. It speaks of the beast with 7 heads one mortally wounded but healed. John Paul II is revered and respected by millions of all faiths, but I admit I am a bit more weary of anything coming from the Vatican.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

For centuries human's have claimed that this is the end. The Signs of the Times. Prove to me how this time it is different and definate? The Bible tells us that we won't know when it is time.

Today it is more possible than any other time that a great nuclear war will happen than any other time. Generally, the more we delve into the future, the more possible is for such a big event to happen...because of technology continously getting more lethal.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
All this apocolyptic stuff would be interesting, except through an elementary discussion of sociology:

1. These scenarios are public knowledge.

2. Financiers know about these things and want a certain threshold of destruction just below that of nations to pay back the loans at heavy interest.

3. The same bible scenario has repeated itself many more times than that "final moment," when the "world ends."

4. It looks to me like a giant scam, but of course you would be offended because it is your "religion," you know "what you believe," hence neglecting other things in religion such as "loving your neighbor as yourself."

5. Okay great, so since you people are so stupid, I am ready to cash in, go ahead you idiots "make my day," have another apocoplypse cycle, so I can stuff my bank account, "suckers!"

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

No, actually there are NO real portraits of the Virgin Mary. Zero.
Sure, there are paintings and depictions of her, but none were made during or near her lifetime. There arent even any real physical descriptions of what she looked like!

You are right, i meant to say paintings.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
dbrandt said...

"I have and do read the Bible. What from the Bible, leads you to believe that christians will go through the tribulation? I hope to have a civil discussion about this."

The Bible says...

Acts, chapter 14, 22: Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus said...

John, chapter 17,15: I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Just as Peter denied knowing Jesus Christ for fear of his own earthly life, Christians today deny THE TRUTH in order to protect their mind�s dream world and its pleasures. A majority of Christians believe that they will be raptured and not experience the tribulation of the end times. Exposing these �rapture cult� members to the Biblical proof that true Christians will suffer tribulation seems to frequently trigger theological denial process.

Denial is progressive, because the affected individual sets up increasingly elaborate denial mechanisms that pervade the entire personality and become so enmeshed in the ego's dream world that they are extremely difficult to penetrate.

There appear to be seven denial mechanisms that can be identified in the light of Scripture:

Simple denial � maintaining that something is not so which is indeed a fact and obvious to rational people.

Minimizing � admitting superficially to the problem but not admitting that it is serious in scope.

Blaming � denying personal responsibility for a certain behavior and blaming someone or something else.

Rationalizing � offering an excuse or justification for behavior. The behavior is not denied but an acceptable, even comfortable, explanation of its cause is given.

Intellectualizing (the Biblical �imaginations�) � avoiding emotional and personal awareness of a problem by dealing with it on a level of generalization, intellectual analyses, or theorizing.

Diversion � changing the subject to avoid discussion of the topic that is threatening.

Hostility � becoming angry or irritable when reference is made to the problem causing conflict.

The truth that the Ten Commandments are God�s law, and are meant to be followed by all generations is another tough truth for many Christians to accept. It is easier to deny this truth, by simply declaring that �we are under grace,� than it is to conform individual behavior to that which God has mandated.

All Christians should immediately quit their collective denial of the imminent tribulation, give up on the non-scriptural make-believe �rapture� lie, and begin preparation. Most will not.

The Holy Scriptures refer to Satan as the �father of lies,� and tells us that all liars are antichrist (I John 2:22). It would seem that denial is a subtle way of perpetrating a lie � transforming the dissimulating �believer� into an �antichrist.� All Christians should seek THE TRUTH in all matters, no matter how painful seeing and understanding that truth is.

As a true disciple of Jesus Christ, you must kneel before God, and ask to see the TRUTH, for �Ye shall know the TRUTH, and the TRUTH shall make you free� (John 8:32)

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well, the powers on this planet are truely pushing through their agenda. I was scanning the news on the 13th day and behold, scary news was introduced!

www.cnn.com...

FDA OKS implanted medical info chip

Do you know what this means? This is the start of total control, this is the start of something that will forever change out life.

I'm scared and excited all in one go? Some people refer to this chip as 'The mark of the Beast' where unless you have this chip you cannot buy or sell.

I can see how this will happen.

Tell me what you think of this scenario..........

All citizens are forced to have this chip emplanted (else they are branded as terrorists)

It says in the last days that the world is going to get really bad, wars earth quakes etc.

There will be a push for a one world religion. This is to try to stop people fighting.

People will be forced to worship the beast (whoever that is) or else they will be removed from the system.

Removal from the system means that you can not buy or sell!!!!

Is this the beginning of the end?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join