It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from British Columbia Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I've lurked and perused through these forums for a little while, and it has certainly piqued my interest, so i decided to go ahead and join.

I have no top secret insider information (as far as i am aware), though i have some interesting experiences in my life relating to some of the topics this site covers. A handful of ufo sightings, though fleeting and of the strange unexplained lights in the sky variety, no close up encounters. My username Runciter is a character from the Philip K Dick novel 'Ubiq' (which i highly recommend to anyone, especially sci-fi fans) and i'm currently reading 'The Exegesis of Philip K Dick' which is both fascinating and schizophrenic at the same time. It is basically a journal he kept to explore and document the mystical experience he had. For anyone who has read Valis, (which was semi-autobiographical novel regarding his own experience) his Exegesis takes that to an entirely different level, a level both hard to follow and hard to swallow at times too, but anyways enough about that, apologies for the digression.

I will most likely be doing more reading than posting here, but thought i'd at least introduce myself first.

I've enjoyed reading some threads already, and look forward to meeting some of your in future discussions and continuing to get a bit of an education a long the way. Seems like a busy place, chalk full of all sorts of interesting things, so it should be right up my alley.

Thanks to everyone who has read my somewhat convoluted introduction, blessings & good things to all of you and yours.

Peace. ~

: )
edit on 4-7-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

Welcome fellow north of the 49th'er, I hope you find, as I have this a welcoming place, full of things ya don't know, things ya wanna learn, and sometimes, not often, things that'll blow your mind.

Here's a hello from the lower mainland, and welcome to the insanity.

P.S. hope summer showed up where you are in BC, cause after the prolonged spring we had it's time to enjoy, and escape Junuary

SaneThinking

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hello neighbor! Alberta, here, and also new (after awhile lurking)!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sane Thinking and Castillo, thank you fellow countrymen for your welcome. Still waiting on summer where i am as well, its been unseasonably chilly.

I was wondering about the stats underneath members names. I get that 'P' stands for 'posts', and F i assume for Flags, what do the S, W & K represent?

Anyways, thanks again for the welcome, maybe see you guys around.

Peace. ~

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

RU on the mainland or Vancouver Island?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Castillo

Mainland, though i have lived on the island in Victoria before.

Btw, do you know what the other letters stand for regarding the question in my previous post? I can't find where it explains it anywhere on this site, and i'm kinda curious.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Welcome

I was born in Ontario but live in the US now.

If you click on your name it will take you to your profile where all those letters are your stats.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I wish I did!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Welcome

I too am from B.C.
I hope you find ATS as beneficial to your learning as I do.
I've been informed from a longer ATS member that the summer can be a bit of a busy time on ATS with some threads not always being that accurate or informative but do be patient, check for multiple sources on good stories and keep an open mind

I know S stands for Stars & F is for flags.
edit on 4-7-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yeah Victoria was nice, in some ways; living by the ocean and decent weather.

S for stars eh? Alright thanks, i'm not used to flags and stars on a forums, it's all new to me. Also checked my profile, W is Wats index(?)apparently, whatever that means, and still not sure on the K.

In any case, thanks everyone for the welcome. Good to be here. Maybe see you guys around in some threads.

Peace. ~

edit on 5-7-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Welcome from BC as well. There certainly are some interesting things to watch skywards, here in BC and at the coast as well. Hopefully it clears up more and warms up so the evenings are more enjoyable outside in the evening.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Welcome from BC as well. There certainly are some interesting things to watch skywards, here in BC and at the coast as well. Hopefully it clears up more and warms up so the evenings are more enjoyable outside in the evening.

Yes BC is considered a Hot Zone. I think most people don't bother to watch the skies anymore. If I had to watch the skies like I did all the time when I lived in Alberta, then I'd probably have seen more then 1 UFO

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Welcome Runciter33

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hi knoledgeispower, anoncoholic, Untiy99 & JohnnyAnonymous. I've used the ats search already, it seems like it could be handy as i see there is quite a fair amount of traffic at this site.

Anyhoo, thanks for the welcome. Look forward to diving in & seeing what kind of bewildering insanity this site has to offer, or whathaveyou.

Peace! ~

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Runciter33
Hi knoledgeispower, anoncoholic, Untiy99 & JohnnyAnonymous. I've used the ats search already, it seems like it could be handy as i see there is quite a fair amount of traffic at this site.

Anyhoo, thanks for the welcome. Look forward to diving in & seeing what kind of bewildering insanity this site has to offer, or whathaveyou.

Peace! ~

First off, welcome to ATS and hope you will find and enjoy everything this site has to offer.

Second, a word of advice with respect to the Search. When searching for a post/title/words in order for you to post your new thread, ensure you use a combination of such, since the same topic you are trying to post may already be posted under a different title. It gets kind of tricky but sometimes you can't help but to post the same thing over again, in which case someone will gladly point that out to you. (I believe you need about 20 posts in order to create your own thread)

As for the rest? Happy hunting!

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey maan. What's the deal with this 'Deny Ignorance' thing maan. D... I... D.eny I.gnorance... DI- hey wait just a second here man, di? Are you saying you want us to die maan? What is this! I come to a forums about conspiracies, and it turns out that this site is a part of the conspiracy too! They want us to die!! Is there no safe place left in this crazy world anymore!?

Everyone knows. They're all talking about me! Haallp! Let me ouut!!! NOooOOoOOoooooo!.....

*swallows own head*

edit on 5-7-2012 by Runciter33 because: spelling airore

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Originally posted by Runciter33

Peace! ~

First off, welcome to ATS and hope you will find and enjoy everything this site has to offer.

Second, a word of advice with respect to the Search. When searching for a post/title/words in order for you to post your new thread, ensure you use a combination of such, since the same topic you are trying to post may already be posted under a different title. It gets kind of tricky but sometimes you can't help but to post the same thing over again, in which case someone will gladly point that out to you. (I believe you need about 20 posts in order to create your own thread)

As for the rest? Happy hunting!

Cheers!

Hi The Enlightened One, thanks for the welcome.
Certainly found this to be an interesting place so far, some good reads in places. I could imagine how topics would tend to get repeated in different threads, another forum i frequent has had probably 10s if not 100's of separate threads about 2012 etc. Thanks for explaining the search function a bit more, makes sense. It has served me well already once for digging up an older Philip K Dick thread.

Anyways, thanks again.

Peace. ~

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hello from northern Alberta and hi from a fellow Canadian, dont let all the negativity get to you,, belive it or not there is world outside of the U.S..

But you know that! Have fun.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why, hello, sir.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gibblets
Hello from northern Alberta and hi from a fellow Canadian, dont let all the negativity get to you,, belive it or not there is world outside of the U.S..

But you know that! Have fun.

Hi gibblets, That is good advice, and something i attempt to live by also. Thanks for the welcome, you too, TotheMoonAlice. Sup.
Spent over an hour reading a thread last night, all sorts of mind candy at this place. I like it.

Peace ~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join