It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Workshop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
An empty mind is God's workshop. It is pure, clean, free from defilement and distortion. Like water it is able to bend and move in whatever way it needs. How can it have any bad/negative qualities when it is free from all qualities together? Some claim the contrary though, that an empty mind is the Devil's workshop. That is why they keep their minds active, full of ideas and beliefs, “I must study the Bible and attend church every week in order to know Jesus. This is the only way to rid myself of sin”, they say. Jesus asked them to keep an empty mind though, that is all. An empty mind is the only mind that is ready to love and accept all. This is God's workshop. The mind that is obsessed with activity is the Devil's workshop, because it allows him to slip in unnoticed and mess things up. “Doing something is better than doing nothing.”, this mind persists. Our entire society is based off this assumption. It is no wonder why we are so corrupt and immoral, so conflicted and unhappy.

We have allowed the Devil to slip in unnoticed and now he is hiding, messing things up without us knowing why it is happening, distorting our understanding of reality and tricking us into believing this mind is really God's workshop. It is not, though. This is the Devil's workshop, and he is working overtime at producing very convincing illusions. At any moment this mind can be pushed into a fit of rage or pressured into a feeling of despair. It is constantly comparing and measuring itself against other minds, thus it is always creating more and more divisions and conflicts. How can this be God's workshop? It has no clue what is going on or why things keep happening the way they do, yet it continues down this same path of darkness, unaware of its own insanity. The Devil is in there working away, making sure the mind stays full of so many different thoughts and emotions, beliefs and dogmas, that it can never see the light, it is ever trapped in a cyclical web of confusion.

This is why Jesus asked you to give up your possessions, stop worshiping the Rabbis and Priests, and know that the Kingdom of God is within. He said this so you would stop running around looking for Heaven 'out there', spending your whole life engulfed in beliefs, rituals and practices, all to prepare you for death. He said this is all a bunch of none sense, you should fill your hearts with faith, empty your minds and live now. Jesus was Christ only because he found Christ, and Christ was God's workshop because it is an empty mind, pure consciousness. The Buddha said the same things, in different ways. He did not make mention of the word God though because he was wise enough to know it would only create another thought, another idea, in your mind. He knew the concept of God was useless, for God's workshop is an empty mind and thus any concept will only fill up the mind and further confuse you. He knew the concept of God is the making of the Devil, or Mara, that is why he always remained quiet when asked if there is a creator God or not. All of the Buddha's teachings are meant to do one thing, to put an end to the self-perpetuating thinking mind which is veiled in confusion and ignorance. He was showing you God's workshop in a highly intelligent and creative way, something only an empty mind could do.

So then, maybe you are now asking, “how do I empty my mind?”. Here is an exercise for you to try: find a picture of a dog and study it well, or if you have a dog then have a good look over him/her, then set an alarm for 15mins and spend it doing nothing, just sitting still. Try not to think about dogs. If you can succeed, without thinking about dogs even one time, then you will know how to have an empty mind. If you fail, then you can contact me and I will give you further instruction.

Peace.
edit on 3-7-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

All of the Buddha's teachings are meant to do one thing, to put an end to the self-perpetuating thinking mind which is veiled in confusion and ignorance.

I don't know much about Buddhism... but I do know that Buddhas mind aided him in processing his wisdom.

Did he really teach that the "self-perpetuating thinking mind" is veiled in confusion and ignorance?
Perhaps he meant that people choose the path of confusion and ignorance? Because he would have taught how NOT to live in confusion and ignorance...?

Discuss.

Also, very interesting thread. I'm curious to know what your second post was.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Pretty weird to have your own comments in your own thread - comments added to your own OP - removed by staff for being off-topic. Honestly, guys? Really? Is the net that fine here?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Yea, I don't know what is going on. I am being trolled by the mods!

I must have stepped on somebody's toes because this is the second thread in a row that has been moved to Off-topic and then trolled by mods. They won't even respond to private messages to inquire into this issue. LOL... this site is getting too authoritative for me.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
An empty mind is gods workshop?

Of course it is….. anyone that has a 'full brain' or a critical thinking consciences knows that believing in ANY god is tantamount to paranoid delusions and fabricated feelings of grandeur.

Please, keep on emptying your mind - because an empty mind is easier to direct & control compared to one that has reached comprehension of the universe around it.

PS: If you feel you’re being trolled by the mods, then by all means, post this dribble on a site that may accept or at least consent that your viewpoint is valid in any way.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
An empty mind is gods workshop?

Of course it is….. anyone that has a 'full brain' or a critical thinking consciences knows that believing in ANY god is tantamount to paranoid delusions and fabricated feelings of grandeur.

Please, keep on emptying your mind - because an empty mind is easier to direct & control compared to one that has reached comprehension of the universe around it.

PS: If you feel you’re being trolled by the mods, then by all means, post this dribble on a site that may accept or at least consent that your viewpoint is valid in any way.

Mickierocksman

You would do good to empty your mind. It is obviously full of fear, hate and intolerance. You're worried about others controlling your mind, but you are already under their control which is obvious from your lack of control of speech and emotions. You have no clue about the nature of the universe, if you did you would let go and also empty your mind and be one with it. Let them play in the matrix all they want, it is time for you to wake up!

top topics

join