It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will america be punished for attacking iraq for no reason???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
saddam was the leader (or whatever you call him) and he had the right to do whatever he wanted because it was his country and not the UN's...

And Hitler was the Chancellor of Germany as well as Stalin was the Leader of the USSR. We did something about one but not the other.

I know that Germany declared war on the United States, but if we were to have gone into Germany because of some rumored concentration camps and didn't find any because Hitler had already exterminated the ones that were there, and dismantled the camps, would we be liable for the destruction that the allies caused to Germany? I know we wouldn't have any proof of their existance, but still, what happened to all the Jews and Poles that were in the camps?

Don't tell me, we killed them with the allied fire-bombings, right?

[edit on 6/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Most American beer is crappy. The cyber pub we will adjourn to makes beer right their own site.
What, do you think I'd invite everyone to drink bad beer if its going to be on All Seeing's dime?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Hmm im not sure on this one,

Ok No chemical and biological weapons were found,
But, the bigger picture tells that he was planning too,

To be honest Saddam gave the UN weapon inspecters the run around,

I have the same questions that asala does. If no WMD then why the BS game with the inspectors? It seems evident that he was up to something. If it wasn't WMD then what was it?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'll agree that we had "probable cause" so to speak...and clearly sending in investigators only to find they had been moved from their prior locations was getting old...but I don't think all-out war can be justified...especially when it was yet another presidential war and not a "declared" war...of course by mentioning a declaration of war, I'm seen as just some liberal clinging on to the "good 'ol values" of this country that have been ignored and will never be returned to...

Strength and determination are good qualities in a president...that's what Bush claims to have acted upon...I think it was rash and illogical judgment making that led him to the decision of war...other options were available and they were ignored in haste...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Ok, Mr. Circular logic, why do you think we should be punished? We did nothing wrong to begin with, but had we, that's war, and there are no rules in war that were not meant to be broken, right?

Case closed. Don't forget your briefcase on your way out the door. All rise, the honorable Thomas Crowne is leaving teh courtroom for a beer (or two). While arisen, you might as well follow to the pub. The honorable TC is buying the first round, TSE is buying the next three rounds!

WHY should we be punished???

are you serious???

we attacked an innocent country because we felt "threatened"...

thats like america attacking mexico because we feel "threatened" of little immigrants running around america...

i think you should stay here and not leave yet...

anyway its TSA but you can they see ALL...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Say what? We attacked an innocent country? Not as I outlined it for you, pal. And, not as you explained the rules of war.

Look, I got to go to work, now You argue with yourself for a few ours and I'll catch back up in about eight hours.

Remember, not hitting yourself. There might not be anyone to break you up!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's just a flat out left wing lie that the US invaded Iraq for "no good reason." And every knucklehead in the world can repeat that lie until the second coming and it will be just as false as the day it was uttered. I hate this phrase, but in this instance, I will stoop to using it: "Get a life!"

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I really dont see the problem.

I, as I have stated about a thousand times. was against going in, we did for whatever reason so I WILL support my country and my Brothers over there. I would have finnished with Osama first but thats just me.

Bottom line is Sadam was a murderess little prick who got what he had coming to him the world is a better place without him.

Now, right or wrong, we are in the middle of a war and we would be insane to stop before we finnish.

I am for the UN in most cases but if it comes down to our safty and a UN mandate........screw'em

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Liberals will be the end of western civilisation, everyone join hands and sing kumbya..........

Right upto the time they shoot you or cut off your head. Well done GW down with the liberals.

On a serious note saddam did use chemical weapons on his own people, chem weapon = WMD. end of argument.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
On a serious note saddam did use chemical weapons on his own people, chem weapon = WMD. end of argument.

Thats my point

Even if we went in for the wrong reasons its not the end of the world. Yes if someone can prove that we were lied too than the liars should be repremanded and If they can prove faulty intelegence than heads should roll.

But what I CANT understand is anybody getting all teary eyed over Sadam like he was such a Great and Kind ruler.

The deal is WE ARE ALREADY THERE

All we can do is to work from here and leaving before we are done is not an option

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Cant go to war with them, cant go to war without them!

What can you do.......

jra

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

That was in the 80's, if i recall correctly. No one is denying that Saddam had WMD at one point. We're talking just prior to this war though. I believe all of the Chemical weapons were destroyed back in the late 80's - early 90's. So no, it's not the end of the argument.

EDIT: just like to add that yeah. I'm glad Saddam is gone, but I still don't see any proof that he had WMD just prior to this war.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by jra]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Again, it has to be stated for those who were asleep the last 12 years, Iraq was liable for a smackdown because of the violation of all the agreements they made to end the original hostilities. The attack was not illegal.

They actually were in compliance for the most part. Saddam just didn't want people to see he had nothing.

Again, you as well as everyone else know Iraq had chemical and biological weapons and was working on nuclear (actual WMD's) weapons.

Not according to the reports today (fairly thorough investigations.) They matched what the weapons inspectors said BEFORE Bush invaded" No WMDs, and actually no ability to do that. The only tech was old stuff. They were trying to work on rockets, but again the system had been so hampered by the sanctions that it was falling apart.

Again, the question that needs to be asked is WHERE are the weapons and materials at this time. Thanks to our "alies", Hussein had months to smuggle everything out. By the way, we know they probably wnet to Syria as sat. photos indicate convoys went to Syria in the weeks before the attack.

No, they didn't... because there weren't any.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Marg

Thomas, it was bih-laden and Al-queda who attack US not Sadam.

Who said Al queda and bin ladin did it?

I say I create hurricanes and smash them into Florida, does that make it true? I bet it would if FBI, DHS and CIA got behind the claim and pushed it into the media....a instant psychic warrior is born.

On another note,,,,who just shipped a bunch of nuclear material to France recently?

[edit on 7-10-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Can u be 100% sure that all his chem weapons were destroyed?

Can u be sure the convoys of trucks going to syria did not hold WMD?

Can u be sure?

well can U.

He used them once he would again IMHO that is and since no one can be sure what the truth really is/was, then the fact he has been taken out the picture is a positive one. Why don't you argue that fact or do you think the people of iraq are sad he is not there now.

Support Bush

jra

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Can u be sure?

well can U.

Of course I can't be 100% sure, but a lot of the reports seem to say he didn't have anything at the time, so that's what I will believe until otherwise shown that he actually had something.

He used them once he would again IMHO that is and since no one can be sure what the truth really is/was, then the fact he has been taken out the picture is a positive one. Why don't you argue that fact or do you think the people of iraq are sad he is not there now.

Yes, I'm glad he's gone too. I just don't think he had any WMD, that's all. There are other dictators that do have WMD and they should be delt with.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
How exactly do you hope to punish America? Sanctions? Sancstions will be vetoed in an instant, and any U.N threats will be hashed aside like smoke in the face of an addict. The United States has tallied up Human Rights violations over the years faster than you can say Kentucky; Aslong as thier political ends are met, i'm quite sure they give a rats ass.

Only the American people can speak out against thier own, and only they can change it.

Deep

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Can u be sure?

well can U.

Support Bush

I'd love to see you try and get away with the same type of retoric in a court of law

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Can u be sure?

well can U.

Support Bush

I'd love to see you try and get away with the same type of retoric in a court of law

ATS is all about IMHO finding the truth not enforcing your own on others.

And it aint a court of law
Freedom of speech and all that.

SO can u tell me what was in the trucks

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

SO can u tell me what was in the trucks

Puppies, cute little stuffed puppies.

Prove to me that's what wasn't in the trucks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join