It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open call for ideas on future debates

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just wanted to give this a bump to make everyone aware.

Folks, sign up!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So with 3 posts debates are Socratic questions done with?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I think that will have to be determined.

I and Skyfloating are going to hold a three post debate on gun control starting Wednesday or Thursday and we'll see how the SQ option fits in. It will also give us, and you guys, the chance to see how the 3 posts work. We should have a better handle on whether we will go with 4 post debates afterwards or not.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Wait you versus Sky?

Gee thanks, that's like telling me pick my free pass out of Benicio Del Toro or Johnny Depp

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Look Zazz. I'm straight, but let's get one thing perfectly clear here... Depp is mine.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

That works fine for me. I am busy with a project in "Real Life", and lack posting time till then. It's a construction project, so it's temporary.

I am interested in watching the protocol, then offering comments as a member.

I'll pause debate requests till then, and swing the spot light in your direction.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm heading back to work today (after 2 weeks off) but will pay attention to any new developments.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by enjoies05

I think that will have to be determined.

I and Skyfloating are going to hold a three post debate on gun control starting Wednesday or Thursday and we'll see how the SQ option fits in. It will also give us, and you guys, the chance to see how the 3 posts work. We should have a better handle on whether we will go with 4 post debates afterwards or not.

Any ideas on your topic as of yet?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Just thought I'd touch base with everyone here, and let you know I haven't abandoned the idea of reigniting the debate forum, although my kudos are with Druid and Beez, and of course others for keeping it going in what could be considered this, the darkest hour.

At this point the legal litigations plagueing our family continue, and unfortunately they continue to take up more time than I would like to allow, so for the time being participating in an open debate is out of the question, as much as I would like to engage another opponent in a good throwdown. My congrats to antar for our first debate and of course her win, and those who took the time to judge a very difficult subject. I look forward to redemption in my next debate of course.

However, I have a few weeks spare that I could perhaps involve myself in judging before the whole family/legal saga begins anew. At this point if there are any debates that require an extra judge then I can U2U the appropriate Mod or vice versa if another judge needs to be added to the current pool, and make myself available as an anonymous judge for any pending debates that are short a member.

I hope within a few weeks this matter should be finally absolved, and I can continue the debate process with my respected members, at which time I shall be looking for a new opponent to continue the fine art of debate.

edit on 28-8-2012 by 74Templar because: typos

edit on 28-8-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

If you have the time, be sure to read the "newer" debate thread. We now have a bunch of Mods helping.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is now the call for debates thread, including the new rules.

I am closing this thread.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join