It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival simulation game....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I found this Arma 2 mod a couple weeks back and its pretty fun. Its called DayZ. Before I start, I want to say that I do not like the whole zombie trend but I do like this mod. This mod is based off of a zombie apocalypse, you are one of the few survivors left. Its more of a survival game then it is a shootem up kill zombies game.

You start on the coast with nothing but pain killers, to get equipment, food and water you have to scavenge threw towns filled with zombies. You have to be stealthy so the zombies do not detect you, if they detect you and you have no weapon you might as well be dead. You all so have to watch out for other players that might kill you or rob you. Most of the time they just kill you and loot your equipment.

Once you have your equipment your best bet for survival is to head north. Set up a tint and loot some more towns, throw all your loot in your tint. Then try to make friends with some of the northern survivors, some of witch are large groups with vast amounts of equipment. Once you get threw all of that (its really hard to) then you go out and kill zombies to try and bring earth back to its original state.

Its a really fun simulation. Its very hard, your going to die a couple times before you even find a gun (if you are new). I know what your thinking zombies.... thats easy. Go ahead and try it for your self, its very hard and realistic for being a home computer simulation.
The whole game is about being vigilant and knowing your surroundings.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I like the idea but the physics of the game are horrible

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Fallout New Vegas has a game mode called Hardcore. Its totally survival based.

You take damage over time unless you keep drinking water, radiation is a constant while you wander the wasteland, so you have to make your moves count, bullet damage is realistic.... To the point of annoyance at some times because enemies cary powerful weapons, and armor and weapons take damage over time... Meaning every time you use a gun or take a hit to your armor it recieves hefty ammounts of damage.

I couldnt handle it, to be honest. Its an extremely difficult way to play.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If I could run ARMA II i'd be all over it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by reflexlm
I like the idea but the physics of the game are horrible

You dont really need physics in game like this. The bullets drop are very realistic. The guns are very accurate compared to a real gun. Before it was released the army trained with it, I am sure they still use it time to time. If its good enough for the army its good enough for me.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
10 Years later im saying hello

(due to replying to a thread about Warhammer) I though to look for a DAYZ thread.

The game has come along way since being an ARMA2 mod.. does anybody play it at all?

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   
try scum!

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I hear No Man's Sky has improved a LOT since its release.

top topics

join