It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job Creation. How is it done? How would you do it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
How does someone go about creating jobs? The only way I know of is lowering taxes. In doing so, it gives people extra money to hire employees. That applies not only to big and small business, but even individuals. As an individual, if I pay less in taxes I am more likely to be able to afford to have a gardener, a housekeeper, a nanny, send my children to privately run preschools, dance class, swim class, etc. That helps keep the domestic, service type jobs around and in demand.

Isn't lowering taxes across the board imperative for job creation? Am I over simplyifying this?

If you were a Presidential advisor, how would you suggest creating jobs?

Jemison

[edit on 6-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well I would simply try to keep the jobs we currently have. The current US administration seems to think outsourcing jobs to other countries is good for America because they say �Americans don�t want these jobs�. It�s laughable. Then they give huge tax breaks to those companies sending American jobs overseas. What a joke� You want jobs vote out Bush�

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Well I would simply try to keep the jobs we currently have. The current US administration seems to think outsourcing jobs to other countries is good for America because they say �Americans don�t want these jobs�. It�s laughable. Then they give huge tax breaks to those companies sending American jobs overseas. What a joke� You want jobs vote out Bush�

I was a tad confused last night after Edwards was talking about keeping the jobs here, he then turned around and said that Americans should be allowed to buy drugs from Canada. How can you push to keep jobs in the U.S. in one sentence and tell people to get their drugs from Canada in the next?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Everyone that is on welfare could start by cleaning up their neigborhoods and keeping a watch for drive-by shootings. It's not like they have something to do.

If the government can give them money, then they can return services to the community. I know it's not a real job, but it's a start.

[edit on 6/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Intelearthling, That would make sense, I think that if you can work you should work for the benefits you get. I know sometimes it is impossible to work for some and there can be exceptions for those. The only way to create jobs is to lower taxes. Historically, raising taxes stiffles the economy and lowers the take-home pay of Americans.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Everyone that is on welfare could start by cleaning up their neigborhoods and keeping a watch for drive-by shootings. It's not like they have something to do.

If the government can give them money, then they can return services to the community. I know it's not a real job, but it's a start.

[edit on 6/10/04 by Intelearthling]

Unless I am mistaken, they should be doing something like that...it was part of ole Newt's welfare refom. Unfortunately, this is one example of how it works...a true story...
A single mom was put to work helping a community service agency bus the disabled around town for a set number of hours and weeks. (Then the agency liked her so much, she was reassigned the same job) She had to do this to get her benefits. Well, she go an opportunity to be trained (not paid) and then she would have a real job!!! Unfortunately, she was told that since the training was not paid for, she would have to finish out her assignment. Thus, the program prevented at least one person from getting off the system, since the job she would have gotten would have paid enough for her to take care of herself and family (with child support).

I am a little turned off by the idea of having them work for the benefits, seems to me that the temptation to make them indentured servants seems a bit overwelming to some. And, well, with business's desire for cheap labor so strong....I don't know, but I don't feel like having to pay labor costs!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know most people won't believe it but i think the most important thing to get people working and starting new enterprises is getting them to dream and imagine. Getting them hope and excitement about the future creates more jobs and gets people more excited about having jobs. Get people psyched.

Imagine a Universe with unlimited possibility. Reach for the stars. Look to the future.

It doesn't happen with people who look for Endings. Some people are waiting for the world to end. Peak Oil Dead Enders, Religious Apocalypse, Jesus or Aliens to 'save' us. Life is short and terminal, make the most of it.

Carpe Diem.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That's a great idea. Those that are collecting welfare in border towns and cities could begin building a large brick wall between the U.S. and Mexico and the U.S. and Canada to help cut down on illegal immigration! I'm sure tons of people will be mad that I even suggested it, but hey, it would get people working AND it would help secure our borders!

Jemison

LL1

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Outsourcing was the most damaging "bright idea" set for the working-class
in the history of the USA, as well as the influx of immirgants, both
legal as well as illegal. What this has done was marvelous for the capitalist
employers by lowering the salaries paid, as there is a surplus of
employees. In every field across the board employees come a dime a dozen.
Cheap labor force.
This was more than likely done with intent.
We have more employees than jobs in this country.
It will take years to reverse the more employees than jobs trend.

Welfare doesn't help, it hinders. Stop welfare, educate the
recipents and allow them to earn a living. You know the saying
"teach them to fish, and they will be able to eat for a lifetime".
If we continue to give them the fish they can never learn to feed themselves. But remember they'll be in the workforce as well...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The main thing which spurs job growth is new technology. Large government expenditure on technological research and education spurs this growth. First, lots of people are employed to develop new technology, and do research. After doing this research, many people come up with innovative technological solutions, which lead to the creation of many businesses as spinoffs.

Many new businesses also need capitolization. Government programs which provide grants, or help new businesses get loans are useful. Low interest rates can help. People who have less money, spend a greater proportion of their income, so there will be greater consumer spending if government policy encourages greater income equality.

top topics

join